The Line

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly. I forgot who said it yesterday, but despite how anyone feels about the game, that one point could prove infinitely valuable. I have gone from unbelievably nervous to much more confident now that we'll retain 2nd after looking at the table and games left. It's not that I'm confident, just feeling better and I want two strong wins still.
Yeah, I was thinking that in the last few minutes of last night's game. As gutting as the moment was, at least we didn't completely collapse and lose the match.

At least with a week to process it, the Southampton game is about Spurs, not Leicester, and their result on Saturday is now irrelevant to the proceedings. We can just enjoy the match and show Spurs the love.

9qm8KGZ.jpg

There it is. Win and 2nd is ours. A draw and it's ours barring a 13-goal swing. Any other result...would be unbearable, save the knowledge we are guaranteed CL.

Last edited:
As gutted as I probably will be if we don't finish second now we have to try and gain some perspective.

3rd would be an awesome achievement. And we should celebrate it as such.

At the start of the season we were expecting 5th/6th where as the Goons would have been expecting to challenge. The reality is we've exceeded our expectations and progressed massively where as they have stagnated as always.

Personally I think we'll hold on to second but if we don't let's not let THEM be the barometer as to whether we've had a good season. They might cling onto that as something to cheer about in the same way those pathetic Chavs did the other week. All it's really doing is masking the reality that this was THEIR biggest chance to win the league and despite being top in Jan (AGAIN) they have blown it.

We are progressing and have been for a while now where as they have stood still. Our form has dropped of late but that's off the back of a cracking run of form and a long up hill title battle. Just because they've turned up once there was nothing to play for like they do every year means nothing.

The future is bright....

Is this bloke still knocking about or can anyone provide an update? The top 4 line when confirmed should trigger the cancer out of our club.

Back
Top Bottom