The East End itch Levy can't quite scratch....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mdiver said:
Bullshit, the only plus you have come up with is that the transport is better. That is your argument, to base you assertion that the right decision for the growth of the club is down to that alone is utter folly.
If i took a decison for my business based upon that one factor i would get laughed out of the company.

the transport is better, it would have been cheaper and it's far more attractive to sponsors.

I guess the problem being in such a poor and deprived area is that it still gets ignored by the government. Our transport links should be sorted and brought up to a worthy standard but Tottenham and the surrounding area have other issues. I guess it falls back to the point that its the NDP for a reason - redevelopment. Improve the area (sure, its just a way of getting the ground built) with a new stadium and add ons and the area as a whole will be lifted. Adding a new tube station would resolve all these issues of transport. But alas, they don't want to know.

Then again, back in the days of 50 -70 k fans making their way to N17, not many complained. And we appear to have several cunt fans who turn up then leave 20 minutes early probably because they think its okay to do so because of the traffic.

It's 2 fucking hours of your day ffs. Deal with it.

And if you think Stratford wont be a fucking hellmouth on a Saturday then you're dreaming.

Plenty of world famous super rich clubs sitting in deprived areas. I get that most Spurs fans don't even live in Spurs but get this...it was birthed in Tottenham. I know, I know...that's why we're called Tottenham. Amazing, innit.

Babs said:
mdiver said:
Bullshit, the only plus you have come up with is that the transport is better. That is your argument, to base you assertion that the right decision for the growth of the club is down to that alone is utter folly.
If i took a decison for my business based upon that one factor i would get laughed out of the company.

the transport is better, it would have been cheaper and it's far more attractive to sponsors.

Ok so now we move the goalposts:

Attractive to sponsors- Why the fuck is a Tottenham stadium in East London MORE attractive? That is pure conjecture unless you are a corporate ITK

Cheaper- On what yardstick?

Transport is better- I would agree that is is right now yes

dmarchantthfc said:
American football is franchised, teams move and changes names,

the 49ers are rumoured to be changing name to the golden states 49ers or some rubbish

ergo your point (may) be flawed, and has been flawed in the past with teams moving and changing names to the new city

The fans dont think they will have the legal right to retain the name
http://www.yelp.com/topic/san-francisco ... r-sc-49ers

New York Giants played in New Jersey for years, as did the Jets, I'm sure there are more examples but I cannae be arsed to look.

mdiver said:
Babs said:
mdiver said:

Attractive to sponsors- Why the fuck is a Tottenham stadium in East London MORE attractive? That is pure conjecture unless you are a corporate ITK

It's not conjecture, a stadium in Stratford with easy access to london is more attractive to sponsors than a stadium in Tottenham.

Cheaper, as in the cost to knock down the os and rebuild is a lot cheaper than the cost to do NPD with all it's heritage and Haringey hoop jumping.

Babs said:
It's not conjecture, a stadium in Stratford with easy access to london is more attractive to sponsors than a stadium in Tottenham.

Cheaper, as in the cost to knock down the os and rebuild is a lot cheaper than the cost to do NPD with all it's heritage and Haringey hoop jumping.

Bullshit ever seen a game with advertising that is only aimed at TV (cricket for example) sponsors biggest audiance is the TV audiances and they know know that

if NDP and stratford both sold out the 60k and tv audiance was *random figure* 4 million then eyes on the brand would be 4,060,000 regardless of how easy it was to get there

dmarchantthfc said:
Babs said:

Bullshit ever seen a game with advertising that is only aimed at TV (cricket for example) sponsors biggest audiance is the TV audiances and they know know that

if NDP and stratford both sold out the 60k and tv audiance was *random figure* 4 million then eyes on the brand would be 4,060,000 regardless of how easy it was to get there

no mate, hence our epic disaster trying to sell naming rights, no wants to pay good money to name a stadium in Tottenham.

Is the Paris OS available? Superb transport links in on the Euro Star and we can appeal to the continent in terms of fans. 100K stadium + half time spare ribs. Season ticket holders can pay a premium to get special return fares.

Some of that.

It is conjecture, you are projecting what you think a corporate wants....it is your opinion, dont present it as fact.

That is a price I am not willing to pay. If you are, fair enough, for me it is too high.

Babs said:
dmarchantthfc said:
Babs said:

no mate, hence our epic disaster trying to sell naming rights, no wants to pay good money to name a stadium in Tottenham.

Nope, naming rights mean fuck all because the Stadium has a name and will always be WHL, investors know that.

Babs said:
dmarchantthfc said:
Babs said:

didnt realise you had inside knowledge?

if you believe everything you read you will be surprised to find modric still plays for spurs, diarra isnt in a spurs shirt, modric is on more than the widely reported 40k.

look at the emirates and Woolwich deal, didnt happen over night, and I believe they signed it several months after construction started

spooky said:
Is the Paris OS available? Superb transport links in on the Euro Star and we can appeal to the continent in terms of fans. 100K stadium + half time spare ribs. Season ticket holders can pay a premium to get special return fares.

Some of that.

apparently you can get a glass of beer at half time, a real glass.

and they don't have 1/4 pounders over there, do you know what they call a 1/4 pounder with cheese in Paris ?

mdiver said:
Nope, naming rights mean fuck all because the Stadium has a name and will always be WHL, investors know that.

rofl , you think the NDP is going to be called WHL .... ... what's that noise.....

fail-owned-fail-train.jpg

Babs said:
mdiver said:

rofl , you think the NDP is going to be called WHL .... ... what's that noise.....

fail-owned-fail-train.jpg

Nope, the NDP won't be called WHL.....it will be corporate named......whereas WHL already has a name and has for a very long time.

You having issues with comprehension today?

Back
Top Bottom