The East End itch Levy can't quite scratch....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Babs said:
Soak it up...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard- ... aims-mp.do

Tottenham Hotspur are planning to “repackage” the Olympic stadium and sell it on to the highest bidder, it was claimed today.

David Lammy MP, who is campaigning for the club to remain at its north London home, said Spurs' main motivation for a move to Stratford was to boost the club's commercial value before a sale.

His comments came as it emerged that Tottenham, who are in a head-to-head race for the stadium with West Ham, expect to raise £150 million by selling the naming rights to the venue in a 10-year deal. Mr Lammy, MP for Tottenham, said: “This is not simply about moving the stadium, it is about repackaging an asset for sale. I am convinced the owners will sell the club and the Olympic stadium. Its location and potential for naming rights makes it a much more valuable proposition for a buyer.”

Mr Lammy has written to the National Audit Office calling for an investigation into the appropriate use of public money should the £500 million-plus venue be sold to Spurs, who propose to demolish the existing structure.

Experts believe Spurs has a good chance of clinching a deal given the rising values in the market since a***nal sold the naming rights of their new home to the Emirates airline in 2004 in a deal worth £100 million over 15 years.

If Spurs stay at White Hart Lane, a revamped stadium there would not be worth anywhere near as much.

Sponsors are much less interested in a venue, such as White Hart Lane, when its name is already common parlance. Successful deals have involved purpose-built stadiums such as the Reebok stadium, home of Bolton Wanderers. A potential £150 million deal, plus additional revenues from shirt sponsorship, are key to Spurs' interest in the move east.

The club propose a 200-year lease on a site, and would create a 60,000 seat football-only venue.

Rival bidders West Ham have budgeted for a £12 million-a-year income from stadium naming rights, even though they are threatened with relegation from the Premier League.

Tim Crow, chief executive of consultancy Synergy Sponsorship, said: “Top club shirt sponsorships are now going for £20 million a year, so £150 million over 10 years for the Olympic stadium would be realistic for Spurs to aim for.”

Isn't that what I said? No one is talking about repackaging WHL ....we are talking new stadium.
David Lammy has basically said "OC is worth more than a WHL deal" yep we knew that, thanks for backing up my earlier point.

Plus if this was for "resale" Even more of a fucking reason not to be there.

Babs said:
well yes, but we didn't try to sell the naming right for WHL, we tried to sell the naming rights for the prospective NDP, and failed.
What's this 'we'? You don't even know the name of the team....

Babs said:
I jest, we would still have been called Tottenham Hotspurs as being 5 miles away no biggie.

mdiver said:
Plus re-read it.....the part where he said "it is my opinion".........

mate the whole point we were arguing was that I said we would have made more money selling the naming rights had we moved to Stratford as opposed the NDP, clearly I'm right so just accept that and bow down before General Sod.

Babs, your conjecture may have both valid and flawed points, but it is still conjecture.

Anyone is entitled to an opinion, but to purely take a juxtaposition in order to achieve some sort of mythical notoriety at 'a half centuary' under dislike, then clearly there is something wrong with your ambitions. If all you aim for in life is to be an arguementative spacker, then well done in your acheivement. Congratulations to you.

But, maybe, just maybe, there is more to the 'corporate' vs 'fan' arguement than just the NDP vs Stratford debate. Have a look at the Thread 'Swede's protest against modern football'. Some fans would like to enjoy football for what it is, even some armchair fans, and not just in the UK.

"I moved home so it's okay for Spurs to move too".

Is that the weakest ever argument for Stratford Hotspur, or what?

Who gives a shit whether a stadium in Stratford has the potential to earn more from naming rights than one in Tottenham, even if it were true?

And that article which was dredged up to try to prove a point, its main point was that Levy saw Stratford as an opportunity to make a fortune by selling up.

Note the use of the past tense there, 'saw'? Thankfully, the OPLC's latest move ensures that the running track has to remain and that, obviously, you can't sell that which you don't own.

The possibility of a Stratford Hotspur is finally dead in the water. Now let's all pull together and get on with that which has always been the right, proper and decent thing to do: keep Spurs in Tottenham and build the NDP.

In my eyes, Levy will always remain the bloke who tried to close down THFC and start up a fake Spurs in Stratford to make money for him and his mates, i.e. a cunt. A built NDP would go a long way in redeeming him from the shambles that has been Stratford, get the fuck on with it.

this thread reminds me of

Thechicken.jpg

Although I would agree on one point with Babs, it's just as possible that the NDP's atmosphere could be equally as shit as the scum's due to corporate wankers. But that's the nature of the beast, I actually couldn't care less if we just stayed as we are. What is the point of 'progression' if it means losing the very essence of why you love going to the football in the first place.

You can take all your success, asian fans and brand identity, and stick it right up your cunt. For me, none of it would mean anything outside Tottenham.

Really thelonius? Reminds me more of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBlP1hfB3fQ[/youtube]

i avoided reading this thread, as i knew it would be one of those once you try and make a point, you get sucked into the shiity back and forth no fact argument, but work boredom made me read it and post :wall:

if you read the whole thread it's clear that I served up a merk sandwich with an extra side of pwnaGE!^£$^$.

the fact that Tircky is on the opposing view merely adds to this pWNAGE!(£*%$

I am THOR , feel my hammerpenis.

thor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom