The East End itch Levy can't quite scratch....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tricky

Supporter
Man up and LOL
.....is potentially back on.

maybe. :shrug:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15251893

Levy might yet still be using this as leverage to extract more money for NDP, or he may see it as a serious attempt to try his luck again (though if he does I can't see anyone saying thankyou to him for scuppering both the original deal and preventing england from bidding to host the next World Cup Athletics event.)

Lord Coe will not be happy today.

they've updated the news article, original one failed to mention that!

The whole thing has been a sham, still sigh of relief, not sure where that leaves Levy and his 'positioning' mind you.

Just pleased it's not my council tax that is funding the championship team.

This does mean that West Ham have potentially lost a shed load of money re: revenue, right? In terms of not having the opp to own it out right?

Or perhaps this is just an admittance of guilt between WH, Boris and the OPLC? And now they are free to aid each other in securing the best possible deal for all parties. WH will pay less rent etc, OPLC will hand redevelopments etc.

Karren Brady, Vice-Chairman of West Ham United, and Kim Bromley-Derry, Chief Executive of the London Borough of Newham said:

"We understand Ministers will make a statement later and will not pre-empt that. Uncertainty caused by the anonymous complaint to the European Commission and ongoing legal challenges have put the Olympic legacy at risk and certainly a stadium, as we envisioned it, may not be in place by 2014 due as a direct result of the legal delay.

"Therefore we would welcome a move by OPLC and government to end that uncertainty and allow a football and athletics stadium to be in place by 2014 under a new process. If the speculation is true, West Ham will look to become a tenant of the stadium while Newham will aim to help deliver the legacy.

"Our bid is the only one that will secure the sporting and community legacy promise of the Olympic Stadium - an amazing year-round home for football, athletics and community events of which the nation could be proud.

"The true legacy of London 2012 will be the creation of jobs and a generation of young people inspired by sport based around a community home for all by 2014. We remain committed to help deliver that legacy promise to the people of London and the nation."

All I see is this basically:

West ham wanted the stadium to fit their purpose ie no running track and knew that over the years people's views on it being removed would relax in time. This legal challenge has meant that it would be cast in stone. They have only just come out now and said it is cast in stone and claimed it was always that way when we know it wasn't really. That us what fucked levy off IMO.

With this agreement re the running track now in place hammers don't want to own it now as it's worth fuck all to them if in 50 years there is still that track.

This is how I've always viewed it. I am probably wrong I am just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Case said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2047725/Spurs-force-West-Ham-Olympic-Stadium-deal-collapse.html?ITO=1490

wtf is Karren Brady doing in that pic? :laugh:
wtf is one of the seven dwarves doing in that pic as well?

spooky said:
This does mean that West Ham have potentially lost a shed load of money re: revenue, right? In terms of not having the opp to own it out right?
If they can only lease it, they can't alter it 9remove running track) or dump a load of debt onto it as an asset.

Both of which were probably in the 'long term plans' by the West Ham co-owners (having been shown the way by the americans who have invested in United and Liverpool).

So they get to rent the stadium at £2mil per annum with no right of ownership. They're gonna be pissed at that one.

btw, that anonymous tip off to the European Courts, something you'd like to tell us about your recent holiday abroad spooks? :ninja:

Mr Vexed said:
With this agreement re the running track now in place hammers don't want to own it now as it's worth fuck all to them if in 50 years there is still that track.
I love this picture from the BBC story. Look at how far the green bit is from the seats.
article-2043532-0E1B2A7E00000578-265_468x313.jpg

Mind you, the way West Ham play it's probably for the best if their supporters can't quite make out what's going on.

1 million percent flav.

this whole debacle is a smokescreen imo to make sure west ham will NEVER grow.

all this to me was more about them not making up ground, it's very clever, it's a rival we STILL don't have to worry about. levy protecting the crown jewels.

So the OPLC are understood to have agreed with the government and Mayor of London that the ground should remain in public ownership, and to lease the stadium to an anchor tenant following a new tender process.

This is a complete joke and the whole process was just flawed, but fair play to Levy sticking to his guns and taking it this far. This now still rules us out as the track will still remain (thank god!) I hope we now push on all fronts for the NDP as the Olympic Stadium was just a quick fix. The Brady bunch can do 1 and good luck to them in bidding again for the rent of the stadium....What a bunch of muppets the spammers are COYS .......FOREVER N17 :rock:

Back
Top Bottom