The East End itch Levy can't quite scratch....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mdiver said:
spooky said:
mdiver - the whole rival thing was touched on a while back re: Them lot moving to North London. Different circumstances, but seriously, try singing this post-East London:

"North London is ours, North London is ooooooooooours..."

Singing wont get you 100K per week players but it will retain my soul in one piece.

Exactly my point...North London is White, I know their circumstance was different but surrender our turf to them???? Never!

images

Babs said:
we're talking about Tottenham, how is that out of context ?

Why did I make that statement? Post the rest of the conversation or post in full what was said. Was it in relation to Stratford, or a completely different Spurs related conversation. Or have you just taken one sentence and posted it here out of the blue to discredit my position on Spurs moving.

You're intelligent, Barbar, I shouldn't have to fully explain the subtexts of every post I make.

You also conveniently left out the fact that I said I'd be willing to give up following Spurs if they left the area, but I don't suppose that's relevant here.

Why the mad rush? Football might well implode in the next 10 years, we don't know. The mad rush is because shareholders demand it. And okay, billionaires are buying up clubs left right and centre and changing competition and the landscape of competitiveness. Again, rather be this plucky side on the outskirts punching our way in. And if we get in, and we enjoy a cycle of success and then lose that cycle. So be it. That's football. Nobody is at the top forever. We've not quite been at the top for a long long time.

Spooky encapsulates this entire thread in the above paragraph. This is a debate with two sides. Those who want to transform the club into a title challenging team season in, season no matter what the morale or fiscal cost vs those who support Tottenham for its soul. Love the good times and wallow in our own self-pity and loathing during the bad.

N17 and our supporters are the soul of this club and to move out would decimate years of what makes supporting our club special.

tbf Flav, I'm shocked babs hasn't taken his support to villa, in order to follow his one true hero Jermaine Jenas, after his guest appearance (notably before the end of the transfer window).

I think you give him too much credit, rather than reveal your true intentions. :ninja: :rape:

'intelligent'.......[chuckle, chuckle}

Flav said:
Babs said:

Why did I make that statement? Post the rest of the conversation or post in full what was said. Was it in relation to Stratford, or a completely different Spurs related conversation. Or have you just taken one sentence and posted it here out of the blue to discredit my position on Spurs moving.

You're intelligent, Barbar, I shouldn't have to fully explain the subtexts of every post I make.

You also conveniently left out the fact that I said I'd be willing to give up following Spurs if they left the area, but I don't suppose that's relevant here.

it's about THFC, why should it matter whether it's about the stadium ?

And so we come to Spurs, the only thing that takes me away from the dull ache is everyday life. We come to Spurs that give me so much, that give me the utter glory of forgetting everything that I know. That make me feel that I am very much alive, they give me realism, and grounding, they make me feel that I belong to something bigger than the pound, bigger than all of the bullshit, they make me belong. I belong. I am real. as long as Tottenham Hotspur football club exists I will belong. Long live the passion, long live the heroes that believe in the shirt rather than the players who wears them, long live the board, thfclatest2, that brings me closer to the glory of supporting Tottenham than the PLC ever could. Long live the lot of you. And long live YOU, you who fill the seats, who sing thier hearts out even when we are down. Losing, unhopeful, delight, reigh in the victory, believe. We are Tottenham. From the Lane.

Big Merk and fries ?

dashmore said:
Why the mad rush? Football might well implode in the next 10 years, we don't know. The mad rush is because shareholders demand it. And okay, billionaires are buying up clubs left right and centre and changing competition and the landscape of competitiveness. Again, rather be this plucky side on the outskirts punching our way in. And if we get in, and we enjoy a cycle of success and then lose that cycle. So be it. That's football. Nobody is at the top forever. We've not quite been at the top for a long long time.

Spooky encapsulates this entire thread in the above paragraph. This is a debate with two sides. Those who want to transform the club into a title challenging team season in, season no matter what the morale or fiscal cost vs those who support Tottenham for its soul. Love the good times and wallow in our own self-pity and loathing during the bad.

N17 and our supporters are the soul of this club and to move out would decimate years of what makes supporting our club special.

And yet still we all know deep down that we are an expendable part of the clubs revenue stream if we can be replaced by 'fans' with a higher disposable income........ :sad:

The fans can feel whatever they like, the club doesn't really give a shit if they can boost the profit margin long term. :wall:

Dashmore - John Crace touches on that in his book about how Utd fans have changed since Fergie arrived and some of their fans don't even know what its like to truly suffer.

In a perverse way, all those horrible things that go into surviving Tottenham make us the self-deprecating fans we are. I don't think I could ever be comfortable with us winning 10 titles on the trot.

Like I said, if our next cycle brings silverware and we do so consistently for 5-10 years, I will bask in it and I wont complain when we fall back into normality again.

The new fans we pick up along the way will no doubt be similar to the ones with their 'Wenger Out' banners, beyond the Seven Sisters.

yes Spooky, you need the rough to appreciate the smooth, I don't want to win everything, I just want to be in the race, which is where a club of THFC's stature should be.

spooky said:
Dashmore - John Crace touches on that in his book about how Utd fans have changed since Fergie arrived and some of their fans don't even know what its like to truly suffer.

In a perverse way, all those horrible things that go into surviving Tottenham make us the self-deprecating fans we are. I don't think I could ever be comfortable with us winning 10 titles on the trot.

Like I said, if our next cycle brings silverware and we do so consistently for 5-10 years, I will bask in it and I wont complain when we fall back into normality again.

The new fans we pick up along the way will no doubt be similar to the ones with their 'Wenger Out' banners, beyond the Seven Sisters.
%22Yeah%20That%22%20Emoticon.gif

spooky said:

I quite like those Woolwich fans, I feel they should be encouraged in some way. Covertly of course. :ninja:

Ah fuck it, we're all pretty much going to hell anyway, Levy spend like there's no tomorrow, build the NDP and then watch it burn to the ground when the whole of football literally takes a step back and fucks itself in the face.

btw Mr Levy, just make sure you're well insured for riots and acts of terrorism

I know there's a flaw in what I'm saying by the way re: success.

You aim to win games and thus win honours. Its about the want for glory. I would not like to return to the 90s again but if we did, no doubt we'd fight and get ourselves our of there (metaphorically, not referring to time travel). I think we can muscle our way into this new Top Six and fight for top 4, if not even make it our home consistently for a while yet. If we really want the title then fuck everything and get a billionaire in. Not saying a move to OS would be akin to that. Actually that's exactly what I'm saying.

Babs said:
Flav said:
Babs said:

it's about THFC, why should it matter whether it's about the stadium ?

And so we come to Spurs, the only thing that takes me away from the dull ache is everyday life. We come to Spurs that give me so much, that give me the utter glory of forgetting everything that I know. That make me feel that I am very much alive, they give me realism, and grounding, they make me feel that I belong to something bigger than the pound, bigger than all of the bullshit, they make me belong. I belong. I am real. as long as Tottenham Hotspur football club exists I will belong. Long live the passion, long live the heroes that believe in the shirt rather than the players who wears them, long live the board, thfclatest2, that brings me closer to the glory of supporting Tottenham than the PLC ever could. Long live the lot of you. And long live YOU, you who fill the seats, who sing thier hearts out even when we are down. Losing, unhopeful, delight, reigh in the victory, believe. We are Tottenham. From the Lane.

Big Merk and fries ?

We're posting in a thread about Stratford etc.

And secondly ROFL! Do you know how high I was when I wrote that. I was FUCKED. I can't be held responsible for that post at all. For the record though, if Tottenham Hotspur moved to Stratford it would cease to exist so my point stands.

if Tottenham Hotspur moved to Stratford it would cease to exist so my point stands.

And this right here is the point,Tottenham Hotspur is NOT the fucking brand, is not the board it is not Levy. Tottenham Hotspur is our Spurs.
If we move the name carries on but it isn't our Spurs anymore, no more than MK Dons are Wimbledon anymore.
It is a very simple point, yet when you view Spurs as the brand, it appears hard to grasp. :wall:

Flav,

so your feelings about THFC change depending on what the context is ? ie you love them more than anything but if we're talking about Stratford you don't love them enough to follow them an extra 5 miles ?

and as for secondly, that don't matter shit , you wrote it and posted onto the internets, dems the breaks.

and for the record, no they won't, they've moved twice before to new grounds, in this day and age 5 miles is fuck all difference to travel, stop thinking in postcodes.

interesting snippet on THFC history -

White Hart Lane was originally a disused nursery owned by the brewery Charringtons and located behind a public house. The landlord realised the increased revenues he could enjoy if Tottenham played their matches behind his pub and the club moved in.

seems money has always been an important factor in deciding the clubs whereabouts.

Babs said:
Flav,

so your feelings about THFC change depending on what the context is ? ie you love them more than anything but if we're talking about Stratford you don't love them enough to follow them an extra 5 miles ?

and as for secondly, that don't matter shit , you wrote it and posted onto the internets, dems the breaks.

and for the record, no they won't, they've moved twice before to new grounds, in this day and age 5 miles is fuck all difference to travel, stop thinking in postcodes.

I'm well bored. You know my thoughts on the matter. I know yours. We've done this shit loads before.

Back
Top Bottom