The East End itch Levy can't quite scratch....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The arguments for Stratford IMHO are nothing more than corporate bullshit, the same corporate bullshit that has ruined football. The same corporate bullshit that created Chelscum and Citeh. This bullshit HAS to stop.

Spurs is not a corporate entity to people like me, it is OUR club, OUR Spurs. The sooner people realise that it is US that make this club the better.

Fuck, everyone here knows what The Bridge is like, what Eastlands is like, what the library is like. Do we want that for our club? For the sake of progress? Progress to what?

I fucking HATE the cunts as Chelsea and Citeh that go on about trophies and money as if that is what makes football so great....it isn't for fucks sake.

We have a club with tradition, fans with more heart than you will see anywhere and a heritage and history rooted in the fans that love the club. THAT IS WHAT SPURS IS....not some fuck hole miles from home attracting corporate money and prawn sandwich eaters who only show up when Barcelona are playing us in the CL.

We are TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR....END OF!

Calling them pro-Stratford is sort of wrong as well, I guess they are pro-progression. But Stratford was a push too far. Almost like one of those make-over tv shows where someone walks in and walks out looking and feeling completely different.

"I'm still the same person"

No you're not.

Progression, new stadia - its the way forward for the club to sustain itself and its future, but this do or die ethic many people embraced who were in support of Stratford are the ones (in my opinion) who got it completely wrong.

Levy has the club at heart but his agenda is different to the one we (some of us) have.

mdiver - exactly.

We could build this wonderful new stadium and still watch 4 or 5 other clubs get bought out by billionaires. Football is fucking woeful these days in terms of ownership and TV money and the players. Sadly, business comes first. Which is why they bid for the OS.

Could well be the death of football as we know it now over the next 20 years.

the NPD still won't be WHL, and people are still going to be walking through the turnstiles moaning that it doesn't smell the same or that the extra 15,000 fans now make the journey more difficult.

people need to man up and stop being a bunch of whinging cunts.

Stratford....N18 , whatver, you're either a fan or you like going to a certain spot on the map every week where you can drink in certain pubs etc.

all imo of course.

spooky said:
Progression, new stadia - its the way forward for the club to sustain itself and its future, but this do or die ethic many people embraced who were in support of Stratford are the ones (in my opinion) who got it completely wrong.

It's your Podcast, you say what you like. But in light of the recent debate over the Olympic Stadium, the anti-Stratford rant deserved a right of reply.

There was no do or die movement in support of Stratford. There were no protests outside the gate demanding the Olympic Stadium. No banners in the ground. But a lot us were open-minded and will support Tottenham Hotspur forevermore, no matter we play. Because turning up is what matters. To dare is to do. It's not 'You can dare to do as long as you work out the very essence of what Tottenham means to you in the first place'.

I enjoy your Podcast, sometimes I agree, sometimes not, but the bit about the Stratford lot was nonsensical. Particularly if you're trying to build a group of listeners. It's like me saying 'why should I listen to Chicago Dan with that accent and when he thinks Teddy Sheringham signed in 1996'. He's opinions on the status quo can be very astute, no matter what his Tottenham DNA is.

Anyway back on topic: Your issue Spooky, is that you don't want Tottenham to get too big. Because if they do they'll do what every other good thing does when it becomes popular... it becomes a sell out/uncool/loses it edge. Rubbish. I want us to be able to sign players of the quality of 100K a year, I want to compete for the title (61 is too long with our history), I want to be top 4 or thereabouts every season. I remember how we competed in the 80's. I lived through the Sugar years. As supporters we've served our time (especially with them next door), I want the big leagues. And if it costs me being called a member of the Prawn Sandwich brigade, I'll live with that.

Arms Dealer said:
spooky said:

It's your Podcast, you say what you like. But in light of the recent debate over the Olympic Stadium, the anti-Stratford rant deserved a right of reply.

There was no do or die movement in support of Stratford. There were no protests outside the gate demanding the Olympic Stadium. No banners in the ground. But a lot us were open-minded and will support Tottenham Hotspur forevermore, no matter we play. Because turning up is what matters. To dare is to do. It's not 'You can dare to do as long as you work out the very essence of what Tottenham means to you in the first place'.

I enjoy your Podcast, sometimes I agree, sometimes not, but the bit about the Stratford lot was nonsensical. Particularly if you're trying to build a group of listeners. It's like me saying 'why should I listen to Chicago Dan with that accent and when he thinks Teddy Sheringham signed in 1996'. He's opinions on the status quo can be very astute, no matter what his Tottenham DNA is.

Anyway back on topic: Your issue Spooky, is that you don't want Tottenham to get too big. Because if they do they'll do what every other good thing does when it becomes popular... it becomes a sell out/uncool/loses it edge. Rubbish. I want us to be able to sign players of the quality of 100K a year, I want to compete for the title (61 is too long with our history), I want to be top 4 or thereabouts every season. I remember how we competed in the 80's. I lived through the Sugar years. As supporters we've served our time (especially with them next door), I want the big leagues. And if it costs me being called a member of the Prawn Sandwich brigade, I'll live with that.

See that is where the same mentality comes in, when I listen to the pod I hear people that love their club, love what is Tottenham and want the club to remain just that OUR SPURS. I think these guys would be happy if 50 people who were Spurs listened to the pod, they enjoy the banter, they enjoy talking about our club, it isn't about 5 million downloads and a fanbase. The idea of "well don't express that opinion it will mean less listeners" is total bullshit, it is the same corporate mentality that misses the fucking point of what Spurs are.

Can you imagine the field day the Arse would have if we left? Imagine it.

but we'd have a shiny new stadium and pay Milan Baros £150k a week because we can finally compete with the big boys.....

We were arguably rich in the 60s. What I'm saying is we don't have to be so drastic because the current chairman and his investors are eager to fulfil whatever timeline they have on their roadmap. Again, naive from me right? Because I'm thinking like a fan and not a business man.

Reason there was no do or die movement with people in support of Stratford is because they had nothing to lose. Not saying you or them are any less of a fan - no way am I suggesting that (Flav was being Flav on that podcast, he's opinionated and we don't like to censor, its from the heart).

I guess you and others are wired up to accept certain eventualities whilst others (like me) are wired differently and wont give into a path which happens to be the easiest option at that moment in time.

You prawn sandwich eating scum bag

:)

mdiver - the whole rival thing was touched on a while back re: Them lot moving to North London. Different circumstances, but seriously, try singing this post-East London:

"North London is ours, North London is ooooooooooours..."

Singing wont get you 100K per week players but it will retain my soul in one piece.

mdiver said:
Can you imagine the field day the Arse would have if we left? Imagine it.

Erm.... yeah because they'd really have the moral high ground on that one. Not to mention, why do you care? Worry about your own club.

Progress isn't a bad thing. Podcasts or football clubs. But it may mean you have to share your toys a little.

spooky said:
I guess you and others are wired up to accept certain eventualities whilst others (like me) are wired differently and wont give into a path which happens to be the easiest option at that moment in time.

that's horseshit, it's not about the easiest option at all, it's about the option that's best for the club.

The issue is some fans won't accept change and hark back to a bygone era. To say you're a fan but you'll only support them if they play in N18 is nonsense, Stratford is only down the road, not in a different city ffs.

ha ha @ soul while you're singing about Adebayors dad or Sol swingin from a tree.

Football and soul don't mix, don't mix up primitive tribal instincts with soul.

spooky said:

You prawn sandwich eating scum bag

Fair play mate. Looks like I won't be getting my 20 minute DLR ride anyway.

Btw can you not do anymore of those Vertigo-inspired-drug-fuelled-navel-gazing-woe-is-me pieces on DML. I had to lock up the knives a third of the way through. If I want to read that shit I'll buy an Irvine Welsh novel.

:biggrin:

Babs said:
To quote your good self -

"as long as Tottenham Hotspur football club exists I will belong"

but only if they stay where they are yes ? fickle cunt.

Taking quotes out of context doesn't help your argument.

spooky said:
mdiver - the whole rival thing was touched on a while back re: Them lot moving to North London. Different circumstances, but seriously, try singing this post-East London:

"North London is ours, North London is ooooooooooours..."

Singing wont get you 100K per week players but it will retain my soul in one piece.

Exactly my point...North London is White, I know their circumstance was different but surrender our turf to them???? Never!

just-hangin-allllllll-out-1253.jpg

Back
Top Bottom