The Dawson Derby, AKA The Andy Reid Derby, AKA The Brennan Johnson Derby - AKA EVERY FUCKING PLAYER EVER- AKA Forest Away - 15/12, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nil - NIL you’re fault.
Watching Tv Kerry GIF by Gogglebox Australia
That's a bad case of Parkinsons !!

Too many people writing Forest off as an easy game here.

Granted they're on a poor run, but their fans are fully behind the manager, and will make it a hostile environment under the lights. On paper we should be winning it, but I don't expect it to be a walk in the park by any means.
Traditionally, Forest were always a problem side for us. In the Frank Clark/early Dave Bassett era between 1994 and 1997, we did not get a single win against them, got stuffed 4-1 at the Lane by them and were knocked out of the FA Cup on penalties by them. Even in that final 96/97 season when they were rooted at the bottom of the league, they still beat us home and away.

That's the Forest I grew up with (a very hard and tenacious opponent) so I've always maintained a certain respect for them.

They have 1 win in 12. Which came against Villa.

Seems like one of those typical Spurs games, play before everyone else away at a struggling team type games.

But honestly, play our game and we really should be smashing this lot.
No complacency and slow passing at the back. They will have crowd behind so they will be very physical. I’d say do like we did today get the ball wide to byline and also use a few of the midrange passes over the top like Porto did. Their defenders aren’t gonna be great technically so give them something to deal with. You never they may be like some of ours and gift us some chances.

Back
Top Bottom