The 2017/2018 Season Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will Tottenham finish in the league

• 1st

Votes: 60 43.8%
  • 2nd

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 3rd

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • 4th

Votes: 24 17.5%
  • 5th-7th

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • 8+

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
My personal goal/expectation for us is the top 4. Getting the league win or challenging seems a bit farfetched 3 years running but would obviously be ideal. But getting a solid 3rd straight top 4 place and a 3rd straight year of CL football as well as one of the two cups would be a grade A season for us considering all the factors going into it with a home away from home and whatnot.

Not one of the 2 cups - The FA Cup.

Don't let united fans fool you into thinking finish 5/6/7 but winning the league cup is a good season cause 'trophy'

It's not, it wasn't in 2008 and our aspirations are now matching theirs. No one can convince me the league cup and finishing 8th or whatever is a good season.

Somewhat off topic:

Has anyone heard any rumblings about on sale dates for the new season?

OS just says news to follow in Jul...

......Also, any mention of multi-game bundles or similar?

Yes it was, but at least it was full.
I don't really care if its full or not (I do in the context of young supporters going) but the noise that we create will effect how we play as a team. Last year at the Lane bar a small handful of games it was one of the noisiest it's been in decades, both fans and players feeding of it. At Wembley full or not it's very hard to get a song taken up in unison unless it's come on you Spurs or Oh when the Spurs then it gets boring just singing these two.

As fans we can't do anything about attendances, it's out of our control but we can do something about generating a bit of noise.

I don't really care if its full or not (I do in the context of young supporters going) but the noise that we create will effect how we play as a team. Last year at the Lane bar a small handful of games it was one of the noisiest it's been in decades, both fans and players feeding of it. At Wembley full or not it's very hard to get a song taken up in unison unless it's come on you Spurs or Oh when the Spurs then it gets boring just singing these two.

As fans we can't do anything about attendances, it's out of our control but we can do something about generating a bit of noise.

Fair enough, but I do care if it's full or not. It's difficult (especially in a massive ground) to get things going when the like minded fans are all spread around, and with this in mind it is essential to get the migration to the new place right.

Glad we play the chavs so early in the season to be honest, Hazard could still be out with his ankle, not to mention that if we blow those cunts away in our first game at Wembley we will banish that hoodoo for good.
All or nothing, the game is about glory! :walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream:

*edit* If Walker leaves that means my favourite emoji is gone... :pochsulk:

Fair enough, but I do care if it's full or not. It's difficult (especially in a massive ground) to get things going when the like minded fans are all spread around, and with this in mind it is essential to get the migration to the new place right.

Wouldnt it be nice if the club put all the PL and Shelf renewals in one end...

As for next season, champions

Even harder than usual to predict with the Wembley factor. I reckon it will have an effect, knocking off 10 points or so from it our total. I've gone for 4th. But it would not be a complete surprise to me if we were in the title race again.

Difficult to have an expectation before the transfer window closes (I don;t think we will do too much with that anyway). As it stands now, I am expecting us to struggle a little bit in comparison to last year (not just because of Wembley), but who knows....? Maybe with a bit of luck things could get pretty well

I will be happy with a top 4 finish and a few memorable games, then in the cups everything is possible

We will win loads of trophies later, I am sure about that

Last edited:
As much as i hate the doom mongers, i think that the stadium merry go round and the necessary frugality caused by the build will mean that we will see a slight slump in form all of which i feel is completely understandable and inevitable.

If anything our success over the last few years is ahead of schedule. Once we are established in the new stadium proper and we can start really competing commercially then the sky is really the limit. But for now a top four (three?) finish and maintaining a CL presence would be acceptable for me. Also massively depends on whether the "big dogs" under achieve again.

Unfortunately i feel that anything less than a trophy would be viewed as a failure by many for and against the club.

The promised land is closer than it's ever been, within touching distance, just need to be happy and patient with these rations until then.

Back
Top Bottom