The 2017/2018 Season Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will Tottenham finish in the league

• 1st

Votes: 60 43.8%
  • 2nd

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 3rd

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • 4th

Votes: 24 17.5%
  • 5th-7th

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • 8+

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
It appears we do not have a general place to discuss the upcoming season. My expectations are 'top 4'. Beyond that I have no idea how Wembley will affect us. Do we have enough squad depth? Where do you think we will finish?

If we can get to grips with Wembley early on, I would expect us to be around the top again. Why not? We have a great togetherness, a team full of players strong within a system that believe in the coach and believe in each other with the best defence in the league and the deadliest striker.

My personal goal/expectation for us is the top 4. Getting the league win or challenging seems a bit farfetched 3 years running but would obviously be ideal. But getting a solid 3rd straight top 4 place and a 3rd straight year of CL football as well as one of the two cups would be a grade A season for us considering all the factors going into it with a home away from home and whatnot.

Considering the obvious elephant in the room (i.e. Wembley)...

Aim: 4th

Hopes: 3rd or higher (love skipping the CL qualifying round and seeing one of the wealth monkeys sweating for their season a mere few weeks in!)

Heart says: Chaaaampioooooones!!!!!

If we dont sign anyone we will finish bottom on record low points
If we sign a player we will win the league by a landslide

If someone offered me top 4 now I would bite their hand off. Not being defeatist just think Wembley could cost us points. Guarantee some mid table sides will walk away with a point where last season at WHL we blew them away. (i'm looking at you WBA, Stoke). One thing is for sure away form will need improving on.

Kane 40+ goals all competitions.

If he plays every game (barring league cup) that is actually well below his goal rate at the moment. Mental.
He just needs to hit the ground running in the first couple of games - and that's not meaning to have a go at him for the past couple of seasons: post Euros-malaise was pretty understandable for him and Dele last year.

A hatrick against Newcastle would do the trick.
:kanegoal:

Going for Champions.

We are a fucking excellent team, we have all the ingredients that make Champions too. We are the most settled team, a team that is becoming telepathic in certain areas. We are also the most tactically diverse team in the league and without doubt the hardest to beat.

Fans have a massive part to play next year, it's not the pitch it's the lack of atmosphere that's the problem. I just pray we can find away to get songs sung in unison as opposed to 3 groups all singing different songs at the same time.

Can I vote after the Chels game?
That’ll be my yard stick. Love to stick it on them. They’d come in all lahdedah after the semi and we trounce them.

Otherwise I’ll be happy top 4. We have the pedigree now. We have the manager. We have 19 games not to screw it up!

Last edited:
I'm actually bricking it about playing at Wembley. To the point that I don't even want to click on a radio button on a forum in case I jinx it!

Fans have a massive part to play next year, it's not the pitch it's the lack of atmosphere that's the problem. I just pray we can find away to get songs sung in unison as opposed to 3 groups all singing different songs at the same time.
Won't happen mate. Wembley from the fans point of view is clearly going to be a disaster. Empty seats all over the place, and no concentrated vocal area. Greed came first as usual. We'll be a laughing stock thanks to the club. It's acutely annoying.

Back
Top Bottom