The 2017/2018 Season Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will Tottenham finish in the league

• 1st

Votes: 60 43.8%
  • 2nd

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 3rd

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • 4th

Votes: 24 17.5%
  • 5th-7th

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • 8+

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
As much as i hate the doom mongers, i think that the stadium merry go round and the necessary frugality caused by the build will mean that we will see a slight slump in form all of which i feel is completely understandable and inevitable.

If anything our success over the last few years is ahead of schedule. Once we are established in the new stadium proper and we can start really competing commercially then the sky is really the limit. But for now a top four (three?) finish and maintaining a CL presence would be acceptable for me. Also massively depends on whether the "big dogs" under achieve again.

Unfortunately i feel that anything less than a trophy would be viewed as a failure by many for and against the club.

The promised land is closer than it's ever been, within touching distance, just need to be happy and patient with these rations until then.

This. I couldn't have put it in better words, everything you said

I don't think Wembley will have as big an impact as some think it will. I think we'll progress again and win the title, I don't see anyone else being as good as us even though I think some of our rivals will improve also.

The squad is still young, but now has two years of experience of effectively being the sole challenger to the eventual winners. Keeping the squad intact is the primary concern & this is why I wouldn't entertain selling Walker to city (unless it's Poch's decision to fire him off). If he wants out, he can go abroad.
There's no reason why we shouldn't go close (or better) again if we can keep the squad happy & healthy, Wembley or not. I've got over my Wembley jitters & think it will be just as difficult for the opposing teams. We don't concede many after all.

Winners next season - with the caveat of keeping the squad fit.
COYS

For me Wembley is the issue.

We can ignore it but our form there is abysmal and anyone who went to CL nights and even older UEFA/ EL nights at the Lane will know that Wembley was the difference in us doing so badly last season in Europe.

In the League it was our away form so we could be double fucked this year.

Saying that if we can sort those two things out I expect us to win the League.

Sunday 13 August
1.30pm Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur (Sky Sports)

Sunday 20 August
4pm Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Saturday 16 September
5.30pm Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City (BT Sport)

Saturday 23 September
12.30pm West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur (Sky Sports)

Saturday 30 September
12.30pm Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur (Sky Sports)

Newcastle United (A) – Sunday 13 August, kick-off 1.30pm – live on Sky

Huddersfield Town (A) – Saturday 30 September, kick-off 12.30pm – live on Sky

These two fixtures stand out for me...
Newcastle and South Yorkshire for lunchtime kick-offs...

They really DON'T GIVE A shit about where fans have to travel from, and what time they'd have to leave to get there!

I imagine plenty of Spurs fans will be spending Saturday night in Newcastle.. . ...and stagger over to the ground, bleary eyed first thing Sunday!

Sunday 20 August
4pm Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
9 hour overnight flight back from Florida into Gatwick, and then straight onto Wembley for 4pm. Then 3 and a half hour journey back home to Somerset. Work at 7am the next day. Going to be absolutely shattered but i have my priorities set straight, Spurs all the way hahaha

9 hour overnight flight back from Florida into Gatwick, and then straight onto Wembley for 4pm. Then 3 and a half hour journey back home to Somerset. Work at 7am the next day. Going to be absolutely shattered but i have my priorities set straight, Spurs all the way hahaha

What ever happened to the chapwho basically flew over from Oz to watch a game & flew straight back?

Did he ever make it?

Back
Top Bottom