Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's what's going through Levy's head: there don't appear to be other suitors, Lyon are resigned to selling him and are ready to cash in, I can get him for 55M on transfer deadline day.

Let's assume he's right. He could save 8M by playing a high-wire act and dragging this into August. Is that worth it? There are many factors to consider, from the ability to get the player into preseason training, the show of good faith to the ticket buying public, the effect on other business the club wants to do, and the sheer value of Daniel Levy's man-hours in concluding the transfer.

Levy is a very smart man, but I do think he's been caught being penny-wise and pound-foolish in this way in the past.

I suspect it more likely that Lyon and the player are waiting to hear if anyone else is going to come forward

My point is, quality first team additions does not mean spending 70m+ on a player. Heck, the guy we are talking about cost 7m last summer!!! If we signed him last summer would everyone be demonising Levy for being a penny pincher raiding the bargain bin??

Trippier has been excellent for Spurs - a few bad performances and the fans drop him like a piece of crap.

Dier also has been great for the club. An injury and surgery this year and suddenly everyone has forgotten how good he was for us when we needed midfield, left back and centre back cover.
There's not direct correlation on this point, no, but as a premier league club, if you want to sign a top player for their position in Europe, you have to spend close to. Most definitely 50 and upwards

I know what you mean, they have been good to us so far, but they won't be starting in a team that challenges for the top honours

A guy who has played a couple of seasons in a tin pot league is better than Dembele. Give me a fu*king break. Dembele tore through some of the best defences in europe like he was playing against kids.
He's miles better than Dembele was at 22 and already has a better eye for a pass than Moussa ever had
Put it in bold this time as you clearly have trouble reading
Also this "tinpot" french league seems to produce some pretty decent players, who was it who won the last world cup again? Was that Man city midfield he tore apart last season tinpot aswell?

This isn't a unilateral decision by Levy. French Levy could be the one pumping the brakes to bring in more suitors. In fact, most of the evidence points to that being the case.

Back
Top Bottom