Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

This is why you dont haggle on price for an obviously good player.

If you are unsure of his quality then yes. But clearly the guy is special, so just pay the fuckin money and sign the bastard.

You dont limp in when every fucker in Europe would like to sign him.

They will not sell for £55m, no chance, also, if that's our "improved offer" what the fuck was it before? LOL.

If any of these transfer rumours are true (and I doubt they are) then Levy has no intention of signing this player.
Our first was supposedly somewhere in the £40-45 million mark. We really are playing a dangerous game with this one. If the talks don't seriously escalate soon we will be gazumped by another team, let's not kid ourselves.

As we have seen in the past though, they are reactive, not proactive.

Levy is probably thinking that Poch will get us into the top four again, irrespective of if we make signings or not and that's all that matters to them because top 4 = profit.

And of course there is the possibility that had we signed several players we may not have finished in the top 4.
Signing players doesn't guarantee success, ask Man Utd.
We could have bought half a dozen new players in the last window but they all could have upset the group dynamics.
This is why we pay a top Manager to make these decisions. To be fair he hasn't done too bad with his philosophy.

And of course there is the possibility that had we signed several players we may not have finished in the top 4.
We could have bought half a dozen new players in the last window but they all could have upset the group dynamics.
This is why we pay a top Manager to make these decisions. To be fair he hasn't done too bad with his philosophy.

That's true and I agree but when our manager is saying it's time for us to start a new project and that we need to sign players complaining that we are the only team to not sign a player in Europe it shows that he feels we need more.

That tells me that whilst Poch is doing a fantastic job it won't stay that way forever and that Levy needs to back the man instead of gambling on his philosophy keeping us competitive.

We did have a lot of luck for where we ended up last season. Add a top player like NDombele into the mix and it could have been the difference in the CL final as well.

That's true and I agree but when our manager is saying it's time for us to start a new project and that we need to sign players complaining that we are the only team to not sign a player in Europe it shows that he feels we need more.

That tells me that whilst Poch is doing a fantastic job it won't stay that way forever and that Levy needs to back the man instead of gambling on his philosophy keeping us competitive.

We definitely need new signings this window that is for sure but I hope we only sign players that are right for the club not just because the fans demand signings.
I honestly believe Poch would have made a signing or two in the last window had the right player been available but in his opinion the right player wasn't available.

We were the only club in Europe to not sign any players but we were also the only club in Europe ( apart from Liverpool) to make the CL final.

I don't want a Pogba type player, I want a player who will blend in with this current squad and improve the areas that need improving and doesn't upset the dressing room.

Back
Top Bottom