Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

63m is an awful lot of money to spend on a player who isn't as good as Mousa Dembele.
Taken in isolation (and regardless of the player’s relative merits compared to other players, which is always subjective) then yes, it seems like a lot of money.

However in a generally rising market, 63m for this 22 year old may be looked back upon as a snip in 5 years’ time. Sissoko is a classic case of this - it seemed ridiculous two years ago that we paid what we did, but now - it seems like reasonably good value.

Whether you agree with it or not (the money has to come from somewhere .... our pockets) it is the reality of modern football. You have to be prepared to take risk in order to advance.

63m is an awful lot of money to spend on a player who isn't as good as Mousa Dembele.

Not really, for the market rate it’s probably pretty cheap, I think he is far better than Pogba and how much would United want, how much would we want for Sissoko or Winks as well?

We have the opportunity to sign in my view the best young CM in the world who will most likely be better than Mousa Dembele and is already better at a few things like passing.

For players of this quality you ain’t getting for £20m unless you get very very lucky. If we pull this off this is a major signing.

Can’t believe after everything they have witnessed from the owners over the years that there are people on here that seriously think we will pay 60 odd million for a player 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.
60 million total , maybe on 4 players Is more our level :

Not really, for the market rate it’s probably pretty cheap, I think he is far better than Pogba and how much would United want, how much would we want for Sissoko or Winks as well?

We have the opportunity to sign in my view the best young CM in the world who will most likely be better than Mousa Dembele and is already better at a few things like passing.

For players of this quality you ain’t getting for £20m unless you get very very lucky. If we pull this off this is a major signing.

He cost 7m this time last year.

So. Kane was free.

Er yeah...exactly.

Do we need to pay 60m+ for players when we should be developing our own or using our scouting network to spot these guys when they are <10m. We did it with Alli(5m), Tripps (3.5m), Dier (4m)

Let's not turn into Chelsea/City and just buy success.

Er yeah...exactly.

Do we need to pay 60m+ for players when we should be developing our own or using our scouting network to spot these guys when they are <10m. We did it with Alli(5m), Tripps (3.5m), Dier (4m)

Developed Dier and Trippier to what? becoming Cardiff level players? and Dele is decent but he will never be world class.

Ndombele will be one of the best midfielders in the world in 2 years.

There's the fucking difference.

Er yeah...exactly.

Why not?? Let's start to buy success, fuck it. I've had enough of being the team everyone else in the top 6 takes the piss out of. It doesn't mean we can't also develop our youngsters if they're good enough.

Er yeah...exactly.

Yes but we obviously don’t have a player of his quality in the youth team nor do our scouts see a player of his ability for cheap hence why we are going into the big market.

Ndombele I watched a lot last season not just in the CL but some Lyon games in the French league, he is incredible. I never expected us to have a chance of getting him.

We are not some mid table club anymore, the 90’s are over and we are playing with the big boys.

He's miles better than Dembele was at 22 and already has a better eye for a pass than Moussa ever had

Exactly. People tend to forget, that he is young. So he will develop further hopefully. But also with wages not to astronimical and him being young there is always an amount of resale value.

Er yeah...exactly.

Are you serious?

For the last 2 seasons, we have literally been crying out for quality, first team additions to the squad that will take us to the next level, the lack of which has arguably led to squad regression since 15/16, certainly in premier league finishes anyway. And you want to forgo spending in a window, when top young players in Europe are open to joining us, so we can sign another Tripper/Dier??

Think we got the lad tbh I can’t wait to see him, sissoko and winksy bossing the middle of the Park. Need a couple of forward thinking backs trips well suited and then Sessegnon on the left and we could actually play like Liverpool

Are you serious?

For the last 2 seasons, we have literally been crying out for quality, first team additions to the squad that will take us to the next level, the lack of which has arguably led to squad regression since 15/16, certainly in premier league finishes anyway. And you want to forgo spending in a window, when top young players in Europe are open to joining us, so we can sign another Tripper/Dier??

My point is, quality first team additions does not mean spending 70m+ on a player. Heck, the guy we are talking about cost 7m last summer!!! If we signed him last summer would everyone be demonising Levy for being a penny pincher raiding the bargain bin??

Trippier has been excellent for Spurs - a few bad performances and the fans drop him like a piece of crap.

Dier also has been great for the club. An injury and surgery this year and suddenly everyone has forgotten how good he was for us when we needed midfield, left back and centre back cover.

He's miles better than Dembele was at 22 and already has a better eye for a pass than Moussa ever had

A guy who has played a couple of seasons in a tin pot league is better than Dembele. Give me a fu*king break. Dembele tore through some of the best defences in europe like he was playing against kids.

A guy who has played a couple of seasons in a tin pot league is better than Dembele. Give me a fu*king break. Dembele tore through some of the best defences in europe like he was playing against kids.
It's nice to be skeptical and all that, but it seems like you know close to nothing about the player Ndombele (and his potential).

63m for him is the going rate.

For once back the manager and pay up you baldheaded cunt.

Here's what's going through Levy's head: there don't appear to be other suitors, Lyon are resigned to selling him and are ready to cash in, I can get him for 55M on transfer deadline day.

Let's assume he's right. He could save 8M by playing a high-wire act and dragging this into August. Is that worth it? There are many factors to consider, from the ability to get the player into preseason training, the show of good faith to the ticket buying public, the effect on other business the club wants to do, and the sheer value of Daniel Levy's man-hours in concluding the transfer.

Levy is a very smart man, but I do think he's been caught being penny-wise and pound-foolish in this way in the past.

Back
Top Bottom