Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It came across to me as "i wanna join one of the really big boys,but if they don't come in for me ,Spurs will do"

If that's the case, I think that's fair enough really. If most of us were neutral we'd think the exact same. More money and more opportunity to win trophies.

I hope we sign him but I totally see why he'd want to wait, he has nothin to lose and everything to gain and the same applies to Lyon.

The Lyon chairman isn't dissimilar to Levy. Our original offer might have been £45m. He asks for £63m. If we bite and say okay then, he adds £20m in add-ons too once he knows we're close, have the funds, and are eager to close the deal.

Every man and his dog knows that we have a decent war chest so will be fine with bending us over. The longer it drags on, the less lube is applied.

Perhaps Levy shouldn't have carried on so much about the stadium and the transfer finances being separate in order to placate the fans at the time.

What I would give to be a fly on the wall watching Levy go at it in a meeting with them.

If this is true and Levy ends up refusing to pay it - he will deserve a giant STD-riddled penis slapped across his face.

In this market £63m is fuck all for a player of Ndombele's perceived calibre.

63m is an awful lot of money to spend on a player who isn't as good as Mousa Dembele.

This is why our transfers take longer to complete. We're not at the top of the foodchain so once our interest is made clear the player is pimped to other suitors, only when there are no other takers do real negotiations start. If we go for lesser players the top clubs aren't interested in it's likely we can get things done quicker. Personally I am prepared to wait... a bit

Back
Top Bottom