Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Ndombele needs any motivation to overcome his problems and establish himself in the Spurs midfield, he should check into this thread daily to give him the inspiration to prove people wrong 😜

I'm almost certain the idiots calling Ndombele fat are some obese gents themselves who won't listen to their doctors telling them they're at a very high risk of heart disease if they don't give up the fish and chips.
My post above was very much tongue in cheek, I love the big guy and I really do hope Spurs have got the new Yaya Toure in their midfield.
If he is carrying a bit of extra weight but bossing the midfield on a regular basis then it’s all good.

Last edited:
I'm almost certain the idiots calling Ndombele fat are some obese gents themselves who won't listen to their doctors telling them they're at a very high risk of heart disease if they don't give up the fish and chips.
And I am 100% convinced none of them are being relied upon to be in good shape because they are being paid nearly a million pounds a month to help Tottenham Hotspur Football Club to be better in midfield.

Yeah never really learn from Gareth at least we have actually won games featuring N'dombele already. How long did the curse run. I remember hearing his name over the tannoy being booed. We have a funny fan base, I always suspected it's one reason Bale never really cared for the club. The reaction in those early days bit like Rose they never forgot.
The soft generation of footballers.

Im not sure if i was imagining it, but havent cared to watch the chelsea game back for obvious reasons. It seemed as though winks was the one picking the ball up in midfield from the centre backs. We probably need Tanguy to take on that role in my opinion.

He also tore Barcelona and Manchester City’s midfield apart in the champions league last season. I find it hilarious that you’ve already written this kid off, yet you stick by turd like Trippier and Dier til the end of days. Hilarious trolling.
In absolute fairness Tripper and Dier have contributed more than Ndombele has. That’s not to say writing the latter off is wise, or fair, but someone defending the other two is not wrong.

Or as todd1882 todd1882 would call it "he's definitely champo because he hasn't grabbed his chance"
Would I say that BC? If one was being honest they would say that though his time with us has been checkered his moments of brilliance on the pitch have shown that he is a cut above (for 10 fucking minutes) and that perhaps he is worth persisting with in order to fix that which isn't up to snuff...the easier bit. It's the talent bit or lack thereof that your kids suffer from. They can run all day but a running turd is still a turd.

Now, back to the other side...Nathan Oduwa BC. None of your kids have shown shit on the field to justify perisisting with. Am I wrong? Nope, just like always, I'm not wrong here either. The kids you promote are champo if given time to get there. Ndombele is not champo. And Nathan Oduwa. And where's that other kids yall were bigging up while he was in Scotland. Right, dominica Ball. Where's he playing? Champo. Where will Skippy be in a couple years? Champo. but you ACs will just say "well, no one thought they were gonna be any good anyway".

BTW I really need you to comment on Nathan Oduwa (pssst this is another trap, don't do it)

Slink away BC.

edit: and don't give me credit fo 'champo'. that's a sammyspurs sammyspurs -ism. I just like it.

Last edited:
Would I say that BC? If one was being honest they would say that though his time with us has been checkered his moments of brilliance on the pitch have shown that he is a cut above (for 10 fucking minutes) and that perhaps he is worth persisting with in order to fix that which isn't up to snuff...the easier bit. It's the talent bit or lack thereof that your kids suffer from. They can run all day but a running turd is still a turd.

Now, back to the other side...Nathan Oduwa BC. None of your kids have shown shit on the field to justify perisisting with. Am I wrong? Nope, just like always, I'm not wrong here either. The kids you promote are champo if given time to get there. Ndombele is not champo. And Nathan Oduwa. And where's that other kids yall were bigging up while he was in Scotland. Right, dominica Ball. Where's he playing? Champo. Where will Skippy be in a couple years? Champo. but you ACs will just say "well, no one thought they were gonna be any good anyway".

BTW I really need you to comment on Nathan Oduwa (pssst this is another trap, don't do it)

Slink away BC.

edit: and don't give me credit fo 'champo'. that's a sammyspurs sammyspurs -ism. I just like it.

By all means find me a post where I said a rated Dominic Ball. Or go and find a post where I called Nathan Oduwa a future star of the PL. If you can't find them, please stop talking bollocks about them and what I or others have actually said about them..

You're constantly banging on about players like Ndong to be considered viable, you do know he spent a season in the Championship don't you (before getting relegated to League 1 that is) ?. For someone who's big on giving players (like Renato Sanches who couldn't get in the Swansea team ahead of Tom Carroll two seasons ago) 80 or so games to learn how not to shit the bed, you seem very quick to judge our own youth players as shit, who you've only seen a couple of times.

By all means find me a post where I said a rated Dominic Ball. Or go and find a post where I called Nathan Oduwa a future star of the PL. If you can't find them, please stop talking bollocks about them and what I or others have actually said about them..
Are you seriously suggesting that Nathan Oduwa at 18 wasn't talked about like he was the next one to make it to the first team? That's not bollocks at all. Are you suggesting you didn't sing Oduwa's praises? And no one remotely suggested you or any other AC said 'future star of the PL' and you know it. That's a strawman.
You're constantly banging on about players like Ndong to be considered viable,
Amongst others and it's most likely because he's light years ahead of anything we have in the academy. Would you suggest that Skipp is on his level BC? Nope, no you wouldn't. "Viable"!?!
you do know he spent a season in the Championship don't you
No he didn't. He was under contract with Sunderland when they got relegated and was forced to go down with them but moved to Watford in January...
(before getting relegated to League 1 that is) ?.
Yes, I believe sunderland did have a second successive relegation but he wasn't with them. Did you mean Ligue 1. He was at Guingamp from Jan 19 (remember the free in Jan thingy which was part of my main point about him) after sitting out the first half and legally challenging Sunderland's breach of contract charge.

And this casting of aspersions is silly. All that matters is can he play. Can he play, BC? Is he a better player than Winks and Skipp put together? Is he better than what we have in the MF now in his position? Was he available for free last January when we needed someone? I'll save you the time and say it's yes for them all. Unless you dispute one or all of those.
For someone who's big on giving players (like Renato Sanches who couldn't get in the Swansea team ahead of Tom Carroll two seasons ago) 80 or so games
What is this? 80 games? That's almost 3 league seasons. Nobody has time for that. Seems this is another strawman BC. Where is Tom Carroll BTW? And how is Sanches doing? Which would you have? Which was my point when I brought him up to you, a higher ceiling guy that could be remolded on the cheap. And if you'd have him now then that means you were wrong then. And if you wouldn't have him then that means he's not showing the promise or performing now.
you seem very quick to judge our own youth players as shit,
See, that's the thing BC I don't judge them as shit. There is just no there there. Sanches has a much higher ceiling than Tom Carroll and anyone who had seen them would know that. When Sanches was at Swansea he had already pushed Portugal to a Euro title and won the Golden Boy. Tom Carroll had given a great assist to a memorable Bale goal. Even the folks at Swansea were tired of his sideways passing...and they were used to Swansealona.

Would you take Sanches now BC? Or would you prefer Carroll? That's really all that matters.
who you've only seen a couple of times.
It only take a couple times to see if quality exists in a player. It takes much longer to see their warts. Like Ndom. IDK WTF is up with him and his effort but he has shown absolute quality that makes it worth trying to figure it out. Similar to Sanches' situation which is why I mentioned it. but you'll also remember I said getting a 'real' DM and easing him along in a no pressure situation...which is what Ndom finds himself in. That real DM could have been Ndong for free. We'll see him up against Gueye again this weekend.

In fact all 3 of the mustard boys will be there for your enjoyment. Or are you going to intentionally miss this one so you don't have to admit to me that he's good and I maybe had a point? You can only do that for so long BC. Not knowing about Chewy is gonna make you look like your missing things in Ligue 1. Especially with all those big clubs taking a peak now.

Last edited:
Are you seriously suggesting that Nathan Oduwa at 18 wasn't talked about like he was the next one to make it to the first team? That's not bollocks at all. Are you suggesting you didn't sing Oduwa's praises? And no one remotely suggested you or any other AC said 'future star of the PL' and you know it. That's a strawman.

Amongst others and it's most likely because he's light years ahead of anything we have in the academy. Would you suggest that Skipp is on his level BC? Nope, no you wouldn't. "Viable"!?!

Of course Oduwa was talked about, who wouldn't talk about a kid in your ranks who could do stuff like this:

But the most salient point is that none of us proclaimed him to be the new Messi, none of us were demanding he start every PL game for ever more. All any of us discussed how we knew he still had elements of his game that needed massive work but how it would be nice to see him get the odd go off the bench and see if he could develop.

And this is all most of us ever say about any of the youth players - and even then it's literally only a handful over the last few years who any of us would even discuss as viable just to get some chances or minutes or the odd game.

But somehow this gets misrepresented as we are all youth facists who claim every youth player is the second coming and are demanding we have a team with 11 youth players. Which is utter bollocks.

The bottom line is, even those of us that watch the youth development are all still Spurs fans first, all we want is the best Spurs possible. We don't want it populated with Livermore's, Townsend's, Georgiou's and Shillow Tracey's any more than we want it populated with shit signings like Njie's and Sissoko's.

No he didn't. He was under contract with Sunderland when they got relegated and was forced to go down with them but moved to Watford in January...

Ndong was relegated with Sunderland, played half the season (18 games) in the championship (in which he/they were utter garbage and sat bottom when he left) before being sent on loan to Watford where he didn't get a single start - Nada - Zero minutes.

He's ahead now because, having played PL (badly) Champo (badly), then loaned and failed to get a single minute at mighty newly promoted Watford, had his contract cancelled for being a dickhead, managed about 17 games in the next 3 years in Ligue1 and Ligue 2 for Guingamp, he's finally get games every week for the team currently sitting one place above the relegation zone in Ligue 1.

We've got players out on loan now at Champo teams playing better football, for teams doing better than Ndong did. Skipp would walk into any Champo side and do better than Ndong did. Does that prove they will be a success, no, does that prove Ndong was always a shit footballer, no. That is the point. Making a final judgement on players after a handful of games is stupid. You didn't do it for Ndong, why do it for the likes of our best youth products. When you accept sometimes players just need a longer than a few games to find their level and some consistency.

So you are now discussing this massively proven talent....same way some of us who watch the youth players progress discuss them...just the ones with talent - be that footballing talent, or defensive talent.

All that matters is can he play. Can he play, BC? Is he a better player than Winks and Skipp put together?

No that isn't all that matters. What matters is "is he going to be better than a Skipp who's had the 100+ games Ndong has now had. That is the fucking point. Because if he won't be then we could save that (cheap though it seems) 5-10m fee and 20 wages and spend it on someone who will be.

You're moaning that we could have these players for peanuts before the world realises - after they have played a season or two - they are decent, but ignoring the potential we might have here already for even less than peanuts, that needs to be developed using the same process.

Onomah was winning youth WC's - his ceiling was massive - didn't get one single minute in his natural position under Pochettino. Same KWP, three assists in his second league start for us, of course he had weaknesses - but like you are saying about Ndong - surely a player who can break a record for RB assists in one game might be worth giving more game time to and try to polish off the weaknesses because if you can you've POTENTIALLY got one of the best offensive RB's in the league?

Do I think Skipp has the potential to be as viable as a 6 for us as Ndong ? Yes I do. But I don't know it fir sure. Anymore than you would have done about Ndong when he played his first 3 games. And he's still got flaws, as you say yourself - after 100+ games (nearer 200 I think).

We both know judgement at any stage is possible, necessary but this whole demeaning of people who just want to see the very best - and only the very best - of our youth products get some kind of reasonable chance - even if that's being sent on loans - is disingenuous and misrepresents the truth.

Last edited:
Of course Oduwa was talked about, who wouldn't talk about a kid in your ranks who could do stuff like this:

But the most salient point is that none of us proclaimed him to be the new Messi, none of us were demanding he start every PL game for ever more. All any of us discussed how we knew he still had elements of his game that needed massive work but how it would be nice to see him get the odd go off the bench and see if he could develop.

And this is all most of us ever say about any of the youth players - and even then it's literally only a handful over the last few years who any of us would even discuss as viable just to get some chances or minutes or the odd game.

But somehow this gets misrepresented as we are all youth facists who claim every youth player is the second coming and are demanding we have a team with 11 youth players. Which is utter bollocks.

The bottom line is, even those of us that watch the youth development are all still Spurs fans first, all we want is the best Spurs possible. We don't want it populated with Livermore's, Townsend's, Georgiou's and Shillow Tracey's any more than we want it populated with shit signings like Njie's and Sissoko's.

Liked for the first chapter..... Apart from the obligatory dig at Sissoko obv.

Back
Top Bottom