Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bruno Fernandes has the same amount of goals Ndombele had in his opening 3 games for the club. Both play in different positions as well.

I like Bruno, I like Ndombele. Very early to say who will do well and who won't. Tanguy has issues, plenty of players have dips due to that but you can't deny the lad clearly has talent.

very good abilities for sure. agree

It’s so scary that he destroyed Amiens?
Janssen scored about 400 goals in a season against similar.

Means little here though
He also tore Barcelona and Manchester City’s midfield apart in the champions league last season. I find it hilarious that you’ve already written this kid off, yet you stick by turd like Trippier and Dier til the end of days. Hilarious trolling.

He also tore Barcelona and Manchester City’s midfield apart in the champions league last season. I find it hilarious that you’ve already written this kid off, yet you stick by turd like Trippier and Dier til the end of days. Hilarious trolling.
It’s not trolling. Tripper and Dier cost a combined 6.5M and were part of this clubs best era for a few decades. Trippier tore Real Madrid a new one at Wembley by the way...and guess what? It was actually for THFC, not his former club. Imagine that.

Ndombele cost a club record, is fat, did a few turns and scored against Villa.
Aren’t these the players who are supposed to make us look better?
Not just solid squad options but actual improvement? You can give him time, like you are giving Dele time and like you have gave Eriksen time and Poch time.
Keep backing your overhyped favorite losers and I’ll keep backing the hard working underdogs.

Where was everyone when I was backing Sissoko in 2016. Oh that’s right.....fucking preachers

:adethumbup:

Last edited:
It’s not trolling. Tripper and Dier cost a combined 6.5M and were part of this clubs best era for a few decades. Trippier tore Real Madrid a new one at Wembley by the way...and guess what? It was actually for THFC, not his former club. Imagine that.

Not just solid squad options but actual improvement? You can give him time, like you are giving Dele time and like you have gave Eriksen time and Poch time.
Keep backing your overhyped favorite losers and I’ll keep backing the hard working underdogs.

Where was everyone when I was backing Sissoko in 2016. Oh that’s right.....fucking preachers

Give him a season. Look at Son, Bale etc. None of them hit the ground running.

So people that “backed” a player that scored and assisted over 120 goals for us and the coach that brought us our best league finish for 50 odd years, our first CL final and some of the best football we played for decades are chumps but you’re a genius because you backed a fuckwit who’s spent three years hiding and pointing his way through games, has about 3 goals in 4 years, tackles less than the “failure” Eriksen and saw less of the ball in the home Chelsea game than the “fat failure” Ndombele?

Fucking troll.

You talk about price, but then you slate Dele constantly, despite him costing a pittance and also being part of our ‘most successful era for a few decades’ (and he was a much bigger part of than successful era than Dier or fucking Trippier at that), so how do you explain that?

So people that “backed” a player that scored and assisted over 120 goals for us and the coach that brought us our best league finish for 50 odd years, our first CL final and some of the best football we played for decades are chumps but you’re a genius because you backed a fuckwit who’s spent three years hiding and pointing his way through games, has about 3 goals in 4 years, tackles less than the “failure” Eriksen and saw less of the ball in the home Chelsea game than the “fat failure” Ndombele?

Fucking troll.
You backed a snake

You talk about price, but then you slate Dele constantly, despite him costing a pittance and also being part of our ‘most successful era for a few decades’ (and he was a much bigger part of than successful era than Dier or fucking Trippier at that), so how do you explain that?
Dele has abandoned his talent for the fast life

The claims that we should have spent Ndombeles money on Bruno is vapid as hell.
We needed a play making central midfielder (destroyer too, but after Dembele left last season it was clear we needed a deep playmaker). For our 10 spot we had eriksen (obviously shouldn't rely on him, but he was taking up a roster spot and wages nonetheless), and a Dele who hadn't shown to be absolute horseshit yet. And we got Lo Celso who very well could have been better as a 10 than 8 (still TBD..).

To then spend another 50 million on a central attacking midfielder from the damn Portuguese league (no offence, but the greater the step up the likelier the chance the signing flops; and yes, french league is way more competitive than the portuguese league) would be insanity given the obvious holes in our central mid!

Vapid

The claims that we should have spent Ndombeles money on Bruno is vapid as hell.
We needed a play making central midfielder (destroyer too, but after Dembele left last season it was clear we needed a deep playmaker). For our 10 spot we had eriksen (obviously shouldn't rely on him, but he was taking up a roster spot and wages nonetheless), and a Dele who hadn't shown to be absolute horseshit yet. And we got Lo Celso who very well could have been better as a 10 than 8 (still TBD..).

To then spend another 50 million on a central attacking midfielder from the damn Portuguese league (no offence, but the greater the step up the likelier the chance the signing flops; and yes, french league is way more competitive than the portuguese league) would be insanity given the obvious holes in our central mid!

Vapid

#VapidRienna

Give him a season. Look at Son, Bale etc. None of them hit the ground running.
Yeah never really learn from Gareth at least we have actually won games featuring N'dombele already. How long did the curse run. I remember hearing his name over the tannoy being booed. We have a funny fan base, I always suspected it's one reason Bale never really cared for the club. The reaction in those early days bit like Rose they never forgot.

Losing Sissoko has meant we have been unable to pass the baton gently to Ndombele. Its been thrown at his feet and he's still doing up his laces and finishing his bacon roll.

My expectation is that we knew that patience was required to get him up to speed (hence Sissoko's new contract).

Frustrating as fuck TBH, ability no doubt and I will give him to the start of next season to adapt. Needs to realise this is what the PL is all about and its not going to ease up, hard tackles, fast and intense. I have no doubt in saying it even at the time, I would have happily paid £60M for Grealish before paying it for NDombele.

Losing Sissoko has meant we have been unable to pass the baton gently to Ndombele. Its been thrown at his feet and he's still doing up his laces and finishing his bacon roll.
Oh, I thought he hadn't picked it up because he couldn't see it at his feet because his belly was in the way.

Back
Top Bottom