Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a fan base we gave Soldado and Janssen so much time and support based on very little. We have N'dombele who is showing all the talent but a lack of fitness and he should be sold in the summer? Classic.

As a fan base we gave Soldado and Janssen so much time and support based on very little. We have N'dombele who is showing all the talent but a lack of fitness and he should be sold in the summer? Classic.

Mate, we had Dembele who fans wanted gone for years before they finally changed their tune.

Mourinho knows the talent he has on his hands. He's said as much.

It's honestly scary the ability this kid has. Genuine once in a generation talent. Whats equally as scary though is there is actual Spurs fans that want him sold. We simply have to persist with him.
It’s so scary that he destroyed Amiens?
Janssen scored about 400 goals in a season against similar.

Means little here though

It’s so scary that he destroyed Amiens?
Janssen scored about 400 goals in a season against similar.

Means little here though

To be fair, it's probably best to base it on who they perform against and if they can do it in consistent seasons.

Janssen managed 27 goals in a top flight season once. Before that, he had never played in the top flight and since then he's only managed 11 goals in 4 seasons of top flight football.

Janssen was always a risky signing, but he was only ever signed to be back up. It wasn't like signing Suarez from the Dutch League, a Van Nistelrooy who had both done it in the league consistently as well as in European competitions against better opponents.

But also with Janssen, he wasnt ever truly given a chance. Because he had Kane ahead of him and never really had other qualities that Kane didn't have (he wasn't pacey for example) - he only started 7 league games for us in his debut season and was involved in 4 goals. (2 goals and 2 assists)

Ndombele had done it consistently for 2 seasons in the French League (which let's be honest, is of higher quality than the Dutch league) - usually playing considerably well, not just against the best in his domestic league (PSG, Monaco) but some of the best in Europe (Man City, Barcelona)

There was nothing wrong with signing Ndombele for the price we did. Its the going rate for a potential world class midfielder.

The problem is likely with him and his fitness. Whether that's an ongoing injury that truly prevents him from training and getting as fit we need or whether that's a deep lying issue with him personally that's demotivated him, I have no idea.

But we, as supporters, need to back him and obviously the manager and the club need to sit down and see how they can truly get the best out of him.

Make a comparison between Bruno Fernandes and Ndombele, and honestly ask which player looks more likely to have a long term impact.

Ndombele is baffling, utterly baffling as is our scouting system.

maybe if we had a real DM (instead of winks) Ndombele would look better as the DM would cover for Ndombele as well as for himself

Who covers for the DM whilst they're covering ND?

(I get your point, but it's not so much about positional cover as it is workload/energy levels.)

He was hacked at and roughed up repeatedly by Chelsea. They never picked up a yellow for any of it while he was on the field. Prem refereeing is not favorable to his style of play. Mou should consider making this an issue in his press conferences. I truly believe refs for whatever reason are giving our opponents the benefit of the doubt far too often, at our expense.

Soldado and Janssen could actually run about and not look knackered after 2 mins.

I'm sure if we put Maradonna in our team he could still produce a silky turn and a slide rule pass, doesn't change the fact's he is too old and fat to play.

How many months has Ndombele had to get fit now? He arrived in the summer.

He was hacked at and roughed up repeatedly by Chelsea. They never picked up a yellow for any of it while he was on the field. Prem refereeing is not favorable to his style of play. Mou should consider making this an issue in his press conferences. I truly believe refs for whatever reason are giving our opponents the benefit of the doubt far too often, at our expense.

Sorry but its still a mans game, he got a few tackles on him but nothing excessive. He needs to man up.

I've said this before but I'll repeat it. He has serious packaging issues. He is much more like Eriksen than he is Dembele. He should be Latin with highlights and a ponytail, then folk would get him more. The name don't help he is Dembele like in the dribble, but not at all a ball winner or physical. Now you can argue if he is suited to the EPL playing deeper, or simply a number ten. I'll worry if we are not getting a tune next season. Loads of players find the thunder ball of the EPL takes getting used to. Once we get a proper DM in the mix not Winks I'll be more critical.

I don't care if he's latin with a ponytail, African, Asian, North American or Mr fucking blobby.

He isn't fit enough to play PL football, I question if he would be fit enough to play a full 90 for the White Swan on a Sunday afternoon. therefore he is either unprofessional or has some kind of medical condition that should have been identified by the medical department.

Either way in his current condition he is no use to us, and as we aren't a club that can throw 60 million around on duds and we don't have time to pander to him due to our injuries its a big problem.

Sorry but its still a mans game, he got a few tackles on him but nothing excessive. He needs to man up.
Agree Chelsea did nothing to him that was out of the ordinary. I had an office conversation with a couple of folks here at work whom both had no real idea of whom Ndombele was nor when we got him. And the most damming comment was “you wouldn’t want him in your fantasy team would you?” While that’s funny, it’s also quite shameful. :mourfacepalm:

Last edited:
I don't care if he's latin with a ponytail, African, Asian, North American or Mr fucking blobby.

He isn't fit enough to play PL football, I question if he would be fit enough to play a full 90 for the White Swan on a Sunday afternoon. therefore he is either unprofessional or has some kind of medical condition that should have been identified by the medical department.

Either way in his current condition he is no use to us, and as we aren't a club that can throw 60 million around on duds and we don't have time to pander to him due to our injuries its a big problem.
Not sure why you tagged in a comment that is explicitly referencing someone else saying he is like Eriksen in the tackle. Hence debating what kind of player is and the perception of him. As he is coming back from injury its obvious he is not fit enough, as it's his first season he gets time to adapt.our problems as a side are not about N'dombele. Guess it's a general rant, I can dig that.

Make a comparison between Bruno Fernandes and Ndombele, and honestly ask which player looks more likely to have a long term impact.

Ndombele is baffling, utterly baffling as is our scouting system.

Bruno Fernandes has the same amount of goals Ndombele had in his opening 3 games for the club. Both play in different positions as well.

I like Bruno, I like Ndombele. Very early to say who will do well and who won't. Tanguy has issues, plenty of players have dips due to that but you can't deny the lad clearly has talent.

Back
Top Bottom