Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Closest player to resemble prime Dembele since he left

He’s even better in terms of vision and skill than Dembele but not anywhere near as good Dembele defensively.

Anyway pointless if he is injured or unfit to play, really hope we see a fit Ndombele, make a world of difference.

Only caveat is that Mourhino said he wasn't good for the full 90 minutes in the first match or two.

Sounds like we will ease him back a bit gently to minimise chance of another spell out

Only caveat is that Mourhino said he wasn't good for the full 90 minutes in the first match or two.

Sounds like we will ease him back a bit gently to minimise chance of another spell out

Maybe bring him on for the last 30-odd tomorrow; once the initial intensity of the game has dropped.... Then give him 60 form the start in the FA cup and hopefully he'll be raring to go for City.

Maybe bring him on for the last 30-odd tomorrow; once the initial intensity of the game has dropped.... Then give him 60 form the start in the FA cup and hopefully he'll be raring to go for City.

Yeah something like that is what I had in mind too, even if he doesn't do the full 90 at City it might be 70 minutes which might be enough

He’s even better in terms of vision and skill than Dembele but not anywhere near as good Dembele defensively.

Anyway pointless if he is injured or unfit to play, really hope we see a fit Ndombele, make a world of difference.

He’s still young enough to improve defensively, fingers crossed!

And he’ll only improve if he stays fit for christ’s sake...

Doing my man dirty there. I can't remember a player who got dispossesed as little as Dembele. Mousse had a fucking magnet on his feet when he had the ball.

Doing my man dirty there. I can't remember a player who got dispossesed as little as Dembele. Mousse had a fucking magnet on his feet when he had the ball.

Tough shoes to fill in terms of certain aspects of Dembele's game.

I'd love to see us thriving in some ultra-powerhouse formation whereupon Ndombele was actually thriving as a #10. Eye for a goal and a pass yet got a long way to go in other aspects of his game.

??? @ DM / Lo Celso (Gedson)
??? [insert more regular goal-threat] (Lucas) / Ndomble (Dele) / Son (Sessengon)
Kane

Yeh he did but he was also probably the strongest footballer I have seen, he used push players away like a man playing with kids.

Ndombele looks like he has more flair on the ball but nowhere near the strength but then again who else does, Dembele was like a body builder.

Ndombele is like a messy Dembele.

Dembele would be silky smooth turning and dribbling and pushing opponents away with such strength and ease. Nddombele looks like he all but trips over the ball and player.

But they each beat a couple of players with ease. Love it. Hope he is eased back in gently and goes on to be the superstar he has the potential to be.

Ndombele is like a messy Dembele.

Dembele would be silky smooth turning and dribbling and pushing opponents away with such strength and ease. Nddombele looks like he all but trips over the ball and player.

But they each beat a couple of players with ease. Love it. Hope he is eased back in gently and goes on to be the superstar he has the potential to be.
A lot of the things he does seem to happen by accident, but when you look closely he is a very intelligent and crafty midfielder, he beats his opponents way too many times to call it luck.

I’m not shiting on him but I honestly don’t see where all this love for him is coming from? I want the guy to be good I really do but I just can’t see it ? I see a player drastically out of shape. The last game he played he actually stood in defence for the last 15 mins he was that knackered. Dembele On an off day never mind prime was in a different universe compared to this guy.

Tough shoes to fill in terms of certain aspects of Dembele's game.

I'd love to see us thriving in some ultra-powerhouse formation whereupon Ndombele was actually thriving as a #10. Eye for a goal and a pass yet got a long way to go in other aspects of his game.

??? @ DM / Lo Celso (Gedson)
??? [insert more regular goal-threat] (Lucas) / Ndomble (Dele) / Son (Sessengon)
Kane

Ndombele is too good a dribbler to be putting him up front at the 10. He needs to pick the ball up deep and draw the defense to him, then beat guys with the dribble and/or open up space for the guys ahead of him. I really do think he will be much like Dembele when he's match fit, although he's a better scorer than Dembele was.

Ndombele is too good a dribbler to be putting him up front at the 10. He needs to pick the ball up deep and draw the defense to him, then beat guys with the dribble and/or open up space for the guys ahead of him. I really do think he will be much like Dembele when he's match fit, although he's a better scorer than Dembele was.

Go back a few posts. We've already seen that his defensive game is way off Dembele's. That's not a question of fitness... His got a lot of work to do on that side of his game. There's nothing close to a guarantee he'll ever manage to either. I think it's a very real possibility that JM won't want him as part of his CM 2 if he can't sort that side of his game out.

I'd have no issue with my #10 being a great dribbler and tough to dispossess. Look at the average position Eriksen used to pick the ball up from; hardly tucked just behind the striker was he?

Back
Top Bottom