Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho also explained what he believes is going to be the key to success with Tanguy Ndombele.

The club record signing has shown glimpses of just how important he is going to be for Tottenham but has struggled to steer clear of injury.

Mourinho explained that the 23-year-old has been learning a lot in recent weeks and months, not least how to eat properly.

"It's about working and working not just with me, everybody in the club is working with him," he said. "We have a process of trying to develop him. Not just about the tactical side of it, it’s everywhere.

"We have a plan with him where he is the most important part of the plan. Not me or the sports science or the medical or the nutrition, it’s him, the crucial part of the plan. So we need him to be good in that plan.

"We put into practice a plan with everything. He’s having individual training, he’s having training with the group, training with coaches, training with sports science people.

"He’s having the nutritionist teaching him things he doesn’t know. We are taking care of him in every detail, but again it is him the key guy."

Mourinho also explained what he believes is going to be the key to success with Tanguy Ndombele.

The club record signing has shown glimpses of just how important he is going to be for Tottenham but has struggled to steer clear of injury.

Mourinho explained that the 23-year-old has been learning a lot in recent weeks and months, not least how to eat properly.

"It's about working and working not just with me, everybody in the club is working with him," he said. "We have a process of trying to develop him. Not just about the tactical side of it, it’s everywhere.

"We have a plan with him where he is the most important part of the plan. Not me or the sports science or the medical or the nutrition, it’s him, the crucial part of the plan. So we need him to be good in that plan.

"We put into practice a plan with everything. He’s having individual training, he’s having training with the group, training with coaches, training with sports science people.

"He’s having the nutritionist teaching him things he doesn’t know. We are taking care of him in every detail, but again it is him the key guy."

Zest Zest gonna love this......

3387f909ff68e4e2c19316d579246968.png

So at Lyon he just ate whatever he wanted? I always find it surprising when professionals have bad diet when their body is their tool box. But then they are human to with the same possible flaws as any of us.

Zest Zest gonna love this......

But, but, but, Poch had this all on lockdown, so how is this possible?

Soo many people told me, this is an elite club, every detail is meticulously handled, down to the enth degree.

Yet, you eat crap, you get ill, NDombele is fine in a low intensity environment and whilst young, 2months with Pochs high intensity, his muscles and frame are falling apart...

You are what you eat! (in action and mind, not just food, of course).

Just finished the press conference.
This coupled with what Jose told in he presser - ... I mean where are the conspiracy theorists now?!? I'd like to hear how this time Mou "humiliated" Ndombele, or "threw him under the bus" or "mocked him" or whatever... go on. Explain to me now...
(just in case- post not directed toward Totti, just these quotes were insightful)

Soo many people told me, this is an elite club, every detail is meticulously handled, down to the enth degree.

Yet, you eat crap, you get ill, NDombele is fine in a low intensity environment and whilst young, 2months with Pochs high intensity, his muscles and frame are falling apart...

Don't be too sore.... Chick King has gotten the better of many man.

Don't be too sore.... Chick King has gotten the better of many man.

It's NDombele who's sore, because Poch and his team didn't tell him, you eat the Keeebab, or the Cheap Chick King, you need mad Magnesium to buffer your kidneys and cycle that through Carbonic acid and shit like that! Otherwise that cheap shit gon fuq u up bra... :)

Poch was great, but his team knew shit all about elite nutrition, hence our group of mid-late 20's geriatrics now before us game after game.

The classic example is watch him Vs City before he came to us, light on his feet, great light movements of body. Then after 2months high intensity and (seemingly) poor and unregulated diet (during his time away from the club - breakfast and dinner, snacks, under Pochs command) he looks like his body is pulling apart from the inside, to me anyway. This is symptomatic of chronic nutritional deficiencies hindering his recovery (slowing lymph etc), his oxygen status, his ability to function at anything like a young elite athlete should be doing. Shocking really it is.

Last edited:
I’m not shiting on him but I honestly don’t see where all this love for him is coming from? I want the guy to be good I really do but I just can’t see it ? I see a player drastically out of shape. The last game he played he actually stood in defence for the last 15 mins he was that knackered. Dembele On an off day never mind prime was in a different universe compared to this guy.

Miss the moose

So at Lyon he just ate whatever he wanted? I always find it surprising when professionals have bad diet when their body is their tool box. But then they are human to with the same possible flaws as any of us.
I agree.

He's been with us since July last year. If he's had weight problem since childhood, surely we knew this when we signed him.

And the 'nutritionists' are stepping in now - seven months later?

Someone at the club needs firing!

I find this unbelievable.... in this day and age it’s almost impossible not to know what’s good for you and what’s not

and that’s without the level resource available to a top footballer / athlete

so which is it? He’s too dumb or too ill disciplined to consume the right food ?

So what I was saying about him being over weight and badly conditioned and criticising him for a lack of professionalism has been proven correct with these latest Mourinho comments.
I got a raft of disagrees from that observation but we could all see it, its not right when a premier league footballer is doubled over hands on knees five mins into a game.

Hate to be right about these things when its our record signing but this is a joke, somebody at the club needs firing and as far as i'm concerned he has to the summer to sort himself out or he needs to be sold, talented or not we don't need players who cant even keep their bodies in top condition, this isn't the eighties with beer, fags and a pork pie on the team coach

If he buys into it with a manager like Jose he could make him into a beast of a midfielder-has he got the sand for it or will he want a move to a warmer country and less intense league? I guess we will find out.

so which is it? He’s too dumb or too ill disciplined to consume the right food ?

The latter mate. It’s 2020..look at the fucking facilities and staff we have. He absolutely has a choice in what he’s been doing and is obviously making the wrong one every time in terms of nutrition and conditioning. His entire mindset needs to change. And quick

using a new player who was injured the whole time and hadn’t integrated as a stick to best poch with. Good one 🙄

The latter mate. It’s 2020..look at the fucking facilities and staff we have. He absolutely has a choice in what he’s been doing and is obviously making the wrong one every time in terms of nutrition and conditioning. His entire mindset needs to change. And quick

Mourinho's comments are positive - so it sounds like his mindset is changing.

To be fair, he's 23. It wasn't an issue for him in a previous league in his home country, but he's in a different culture now. Trust me - England can be tough to acclimatise to.

I've got full confidence he'll be the Rolls Royce for us we all hope for.

Mourinho's comments are positive - so it sounds like his mindset is changing.

To be fair, he's 23. It wasn't an issue for him in a previous league in his home country, but he's in a different culture now. Trust me - England can be tough to acclimatise to.

I've got full confidence he'll be the Rolls Royce for us we all hope for.
Especially if he doesn't know the language (well).

Sissoko pretty much confirmed that he is Tanguy's interpreter and that Tanguy spent his first time at the club living at casa de Moussa.

using a new player who was injured the whole time and hadn’t integrated as a stick to best poch with. Good one 🙄

Well I would say, it's part of the managers job to make sure the player is integrated properly and see what is causing the injury and help him out.

He's a young lad, whereas Poch has had his whole playing carreer behind him, including moving countries and teams on several occassions. Perhaps he should impart some of his experiences to this player, to make sure he's able to adapt as quickly as possible.

Just like when I start a new job, I am looking to learn from my manager and colleagues, who've been there and done that.

Back
Top Bottom