Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs may well have got unlucky with him.
I usually like to give players time(as well as managers), but he cost an awful lot of dough.
Reckon it must be a mental thing, as he didn't have many injury problems before coming here.
Hopefully the other french lads could help him adjust.
Most fans seem to like him, i'm not one of them "at the moment".

Let’s keep it real here, Ndombele is 23
When you can retire at 30 and never have to work again, ever, and neither do you your kids, he’s not young.

Dele started young, Sessegnon is young, Tanganga is young, Skipp is young.

Spurs may well have got unlucky with him.
I usually like to give players time(as well as managers), but he cost an awful lot of dough.
Reckon it must be a mental thing, as he didn't have many injury problems before coming here.
Hopefully the other french lads could help him adjust.
Most fans seem to like him, i'm not one of them "at the moment".

He’d hardly be the first player to find that the standards of both physical and mental discipline expected of players in the PL are much higher than in the French league.

It‘s not easy for a shy young man to move abroad for a massive fee that places huge expectations on him, but he has to work hard. Work hard and his talent will take care of the rest. If he doesn’t want to change his lifestyle or take the game more seriously, he will never make it.

It‘s not easy for a shy young man to move abroad for a massive fee that places huge expectations on him, but he has to work hard. Work hard and his talent will take care of the rest. If he doesn’t want to change his lifestyle or take the game more seriously, he will never make it.

I understand the sentiment but find it hard to accept.

He's 90 miles from home, paid a king's ransom to turn up every day at training and run around a football field (OK I'm trivialising a pro footballers life). He also has Lloris, Aurier, Sissoko (and probably others at the club) as French-speaking ex-pats. There are dozens of other French footballers at the London clubs. He's hardly alone.

Most of us here would pay everything we could afford to be in his position.

He's been bought by the club as a result of his talent and potential and the least we can expect as supporters is 100% commitment and discipline.

He scored his first game in a spurs shirt, at home none the less. If that isn’t a confidence builder I don’t know what is. He has had an unlucky string of injuries, can happen to any athlete in any sport. I think this has then led to some issues mentally for him.

He has never really looked fit since coming over imo. Does that fall on him or the coaching staff for not working with him properly? No doubt when he’s fit and playing we look better. Just hope in the long term he can stay healthy. I like the guy but this back and forth with him is getting annoying.

Ndombele is 22 he managed 47 and 49 games back to back at Lyon he played well enough to get in the French national team .... he then got chased by half the big clubs in Europe and signed a 6 year deal at Spurs on an alleged 200k a week ... holy shit all that at 22

There have been teenage issues about conditioning and attitude, but which teenager hasn't had their moments, for the first time in his career he's now picked up back-to-back knocks. Suddenly the brainstrust on TFC have put 2 and 2 together and made 5. He's unfit, overweight, has no confidence, useless ... after just 804 minutes in the EPL (2 goals 1 assist) and 313 minutes in the CL (2 assists) they're ready to stick the knife into our record transfer ..

Hard to understand what they think off when the call themselves "supporters" maybe it's got a different meaning than it has for the last fifty years when I was a regular? Get behind the lad, and not with a blade .....

Last edited:
I would like to know the reason why so many people talk about Ndombele's attitude as if he were a party man like Neymar or Pogba without even knowing him. What do you rely on to say that Ndombele's injuries come from an attitude problem?
I'm a Lyon follower also and he never had any injury problem here.
He just had one problem and it's s that for some reason he rendered much more against the larger teams (PSG, Ucl) than against the small ones.

If you do not want him just return him to js because after these months we have not yet found a replacement of his lvl

I can't talk for everyone. And I have no stance on this myself.

But if you ask what makes so many people question his attitude, I would have to guess 3 things -
1) Quotes by previous manager that was added here, who praised his talent but was not sold on attitude.
2) Fact that he seems ... how to put it politely... overweight/chubby

Back
Top Bottom