Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, I'm almost certain I'm right. I hope things resolve themselves. The fact that Mourinho has publicly ruined star players before shows a pattern.
If it doesn't resolve itself, I hope we sell him in the summer or next winter once he's not getting play time (even though fit) so his career can kick on and not get destroyed by the likes of Jose.
Which 'star player' is he ruining at Spurs?

Which 'star players' has he ruined before?

Pogba, for one.

Had Debruyne and Salah not gotten out of Mourinho's treatment sooner, them too quite possibly. Thankfully they did.

Look, I'll be happy if this doesn't happen. I'm happy Mourinho seems to have evolved a little bit, both in terms of football and his press conferences. But throwing budding youth stars under the bus publicly is awful, and he should be reprimanded for it by Levy.

Why are people automatically backing Ndombele? Maybe he’s here for the paycheck..maybe his attitude sucks behind the scenes and he’s uncommitted?

Everyone’s quick to use the bad eggs term with zero evidence others, and claim the last manager was being shafted by players who won’t die for the shirt, well maybe Poch just dumped a massive Ozil on us.

Personally I prefer players who can actually complete 90 minutes every now and then, especially for 64M.
Jose hasn’t spoken about any other injured player like this, or about Son with his petty suspension, so why assume he just “hates” Ndombele, rather than there’s some actual reason for this hostility.

Oh yeah because “he’s got history”.......well everyone is doing ok under him.

Salah & KDB...

Look at them... Utter trash-heap fodder.

Salah was utter cack at Chelsea and a total soft lad, he went to Chelsea at the wrong stage of his career. I don't blame Mourinho for that one, sometimes players arrive at a big club too early.

De Bruyne was definitely a massive gaffe though, his talent was always obvious and he went straight to Wolfsburg and tore it up. That was an example of Mou not being willing to trust younger players when trophies are on the line.

Just listening to The Transfer Window podcast here. According to Ian McGarry, Ndombele loses focus very easily, can give 100% in training one day and 15% the next. Cause of huge frustration to Mourinho and the coaching staff because no matter how much carrot or stick he gets, he simply repeats the same pattern. Not even making the bench at times because he is basically not trusted. And Duncan Castles is hearing concerns about Ndombele's focus and his diet/weight, which is causing him to struggle for match fitness.

I think it’s harsh to bash the manager for his views on the player, when currently one is putting the effort in for the club and one appears to not to be able to do so.

Consider what the season looks like if Ndombele got to game 3 and beyond and played to anywhere near the ability that a club record signing could / should ?

Does the team keep sinking towards the bottom half, do we get trashed in the Champions League, Rodgered at Brighton, does Poch lose the dressing room and his job?

Is it harsh to pin all this on one man? yes of course, but it’s also reasonable to suggest whatever his issue is, it’s significantly contributed to the cluster fuck that has followed his arrival.

So far Ndombele has done NOTHING of merit to deserve protecting while the manager is trashed. Look at a player like Tanganga and his contribution in 3 games and then look at this player & tell me how that adds up to our manager not giving youth a chance and trashing Ndombele for no good reason, Jose is being honest I think. Blunt perhaps but fair comment in the circumstances.

At this point in time both he and Lo Celso have been appalling value in terms of contributions made and time spent on the pitch.

They are of course young and deserve some understanding, but ultimately Ndombele is here to contribute much more than he has.

Salah was utter cack at Chelsea and a total soft lad, he went to Chelsea at the wrong stage of his career. I don't blame Mourinho for that one, sometimes players arrive at a big club too early.

De Bruyne was definitely a massive gaffe though, his talent was always obvious and he went straight to Wolfsburg and tore it up. That was an example of Mou not being willing to trust younger players when trophies are on the line.

And yet signed a 22 year old Essien from Lyon and made him a centre piece of his title winning team.

but i’m supposed to believe that he doesn’t like a 22 Ndomebele signed from Lyon because of his age.

And yet signed a 22 year old Essien from Lyon and made him a centre piece of his title winning team.

but i’m supposed to believe that he doesn’t like a 22 Ndomebele signed from Lyon because of his age.

Essien is a very different type of player to both KDB and Ndombele. Ndombele is physically feeble compared to prime Essien and has spent too much of his time on the pitch walking around when we don’t have the ball.

Chelsea only signed Salah to stop us getting him as usual. As for your very last point, that's unlikely to he the case at Spurs anymore lol. Actually, not "lol"

Just listening to The Transfer Window podcast here. According to Ian McGarry, Ndombele loses focus very easily, can give 100% in training one day and 15% the next. Cause of huge frustration to Mourinho and the coaching staff because no matter how much carrot or stick he gets, he simply repeats the same pattern. Not even making the bench at times because he is basically not trusted. And Duncan Castles is hearing concerns about Ndombele's focus and his diet/weight, which is causing him to struggle for match fitness.
All that research that goes into investing in a player obviously worked then. I know for a fact they don’t just scout a player for footballing ability (obviously would play a large factor) but also character and everything involved in that. We never know exactly what’s going on.
Remember watching Ndombele in preseason and thought that he couldn’t run properly.

Guingamp reserve boss Lionel Rouxel told L’Equipe: ““It wasn’t a case of his potential being questioned — he had a good mentality and was respectful — but he seemed to be lacking the awareness to reach a high level.“

He had a hard time waking up in the mornings, he was overweight and didn’t always present himself seriously.

Jose isn’t the first manager to question his profesionlism

but Jose doesn’t trust young players apparently so it doesn’t make a difference - Essien shouldn’t have been in the team on that basis

It’s silly to say its purely because of their age. Sometimes young players have a dubious attitude. Salah was too soft and Chelsea and reportedly cried at HT when Jose shouted at him one time. De Bruyne has always been a bighead and had no right to make demands over playing time at a massive club like Chelsea, no matter his talent (they won the PL without him). Players like Essien, Varane, McTominay, now Tanganga have been trusted by him because he liked their attitude. No manager would select a youngster with a bad attitude.

Ndombele has a lot of talent but doesn’t appear to have the attitude required of a serious athlete at the elite level. He needs to shape up or he will end up like Bakayoko.

The accusation was "ruined them".... They seem to be doing ok.

Back
Top Bottom