TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No it wouldn't. I couldn't give a flying fuck what Man City fans want.
Ok. Well I`d take a bet the vast majority would go for Mansour. I presume you`d prefer a tax dodging English billionaire who keeps his hand firmly in his wallet than a foreign multi billionaire who likes to sprinkle some of his dollar on the team. And before you come out with a load of high and mighty morale spouting bullshit remember how our own billionaiare made his mint. Out of other fuckers misery on Black Wednesday. But of course, you already knew that.

City and Chaves are new 'big' clubs without roots. Players and coaches do not have to understand anything about the clubs, just spend and buy and win games. We go deeper than that, we expect, we compare, we have history that seems to sometimes to get in the way. It clouds supporters minds, it gives players a sense of achievement signing for a 'big' club although we can't produce it on the pitch. Some older commentators still get excited about THFC on TV beyond what the younger viewer understands? Unfortunately we will need to let go of the past and embrace the future. We are in such a strong position to push forward we should be excited rather than miserable.

Ok. Well I`d take a bet the vast majority would go for Mansour. I presume you`d prefer a tax dodging English billionaire who keeps his hand firmly in his wallet than a foreign multi billionaire who likes to sprinkle some of his dollar on the team. And before you come out with a load of high and mighty morale spouting bullshit remember how our own billionaiare made his mint. Out of other fuckers misery on Black Wednesday. But of course, you already knew that.
Of course they'd choose Mansour, he's brought them success and with some many new fans hopping on the bandwagon, they have never known anything else and simply expect success.

You can say high and mighty morale bullshit, but that's just your opinion. I think there is a too high-a-price to pay for gaining success that way, and I'd rather see Spurs in League Two than run like that personally. If you want success at any cost, that's fine, but don't moan when Spurs play home games in the Qatar Airways Arena, contractually have to play two 'home' games a season in Doha and we're serving Qatar's national dish at half time, with non alcoholic beer as it's against Islamic tradition.

And thats Levy´s curse.
14 managers since Wenger, 10 were Levy´s.
Hardly a fair comparison, the most successful manager a club has ever had, and the current longest reining premier league manager.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...League-clubs-Arsene-Wenger-took-Woolwich.html

156 managerial changes in the premier league since Wenger took over. Sure we're above average. But when we're not going to attract a top tier manager we have to try and strike gold.

Of course they'd choose Mansour, he's brought them success and with some many new fans hopping on the bandwagon, they have never known anything else and simply expect success.

You can say high and mighty morale bullshit, but that's just your opinion. I think there is a too high-a-price to pay for gaining success that way, and I'd rather see Spurs in League Two than run like that personally. If you want success at any cost, that's fine, but don't moan when Spurs play home games in the Qatar Airways Arena, contractually have to play two 'home' games a season in Doha and we're serving Qatar's national dish at half time, with non alcoholic beer as it's against Islamic tradition.
Personally I'd love Mansour to take over, because I want to win the league sometime in the next 20 years, which I can't see us doing without a sugar daddy. But Mansour is at City. There isn't a queue of billionaires wanting to come and spunk their money on football teams just as a play thing. I was definitely in the Sugar Out campaign, the thing I hate him most for is not all the relegation scraps, BS in the media, and lack of investment, but for wheeling and dealing Abramovich off to Chelsea. If anyone knows any billionaires looking to invest a billion pounds in Spurs, please let me know their name and I'll lead the Levy Out campaign

Hardly a fair comparison, the most successful manager a club has ever had, and the current longest reining premier league manager.

Managers who have left Premier League clubs since Wenger took over

156 managerial changes in the premier league since Wenger took over. Sure we're above average. But when we're not going to attract a top tier manager we have to try and strike gold.

Are you backing his managerial policy? If I complain when he sacks Poch will you argue against me?

Not a fair comparison? How many managers have Liverpool, Utd, Everton or Villa had in that time?

I don't see your point here tbh. Being self sufficient is exactly what we want surely? So the club is basically running itself... so then wheres the problem ?

For me the problem is that levy has fucked up too many times. Maybe not in your eyes. From getting involved in choosing players, picking flavour of the month managers with little apparent research. Firing & re hiring scouts etc. trying to get to the Olympic stadium, the handling of Archway, the fact that this seasons TV money is about £20m more than last season yet no sign of it in the window leaving us short.... Did Doris the tea lady get a pay rise? Did levy bump up his £2m wage?
Some applauded him for getting rid of many of the huge fuck up that was the magnificent 7.... Most at a loss. I don't get that at all.

I really don't understand how some of you manage to take such an interest in something that makes you all so miserable.

Not miserable at all, just frustration.

I doubt there'll ever be a middle ground with the pro & anti levyites & both will read each other's post in utter bemusement haha! Maybe levy could get us a sponsorship deal with marmite :D

Are you backing his managerial policy? If I complain when he sacks Poch will you argue against me?

Not a fair comparison? How many managers have Liverpool, Utd, Everton or Villa had in that time?
Im not backing anything. Just saying, its hardly a fair comparison. Wenger has been there for twice as long as anyone has been at a club currently in english football. And only one person in history has been at a club longer, and he was the most successful manager we've seen on these shores.

If you complain when poch is sacked, i honestly can't express how much i won't give a fuck. Lifes too short mate, enjoy yourself.

For me the problem is that levy has fucked up too many times. Maybe not in your eyes. From getting involved in choosing players, picking flavour of the month managers with little apparent research. Firing & re hiring scouts etc. trying to get to the Olympic stadium, the handling of Archway, the fact that this seasons TV money is about £20m more than last season yet no sign of it in the window leaving us short.... Did Doris the tea lady get a pay rise? Did levy bump up his £2m wage?
Some applauded him for getting rid of many of the huge fuck up that was the magnificent 7.... Most at a loss. I don't get that at all.

Not miserable at all, just frustration.

I doubt there'll ever be a middle ground with the pro & anti levyites & both will read each other's post in utter bemusement haha! Maybe levy could get us a sponsorship deal with marmite :D
But my point is, why do we have to be pro or anti levy. Why is everyone so obsessed with every minute detail of the football club. I like a Peroni and a curry on a saturday night but I'm not demanding to see Mr Patels projections for the next 5 years. If you ignore the narrative, block out the white noise and forget the rumours. Things are actually going quite well. We've been in europe consistently for however long now. 9 out of the last 10 seasons we've qualified for europe. That puts us joint 3rd with united in that time i believe. Out of all 92 clubs to support in england, we aren't doing too badly.

By all means we can demand more. Keep on their tales. Not let them rest on the laurels, etc etc etc. But in a few seasons time we're going to be moving into one of the best stadiums in the world. A stadium which they went out of their way to keep on the current site, despite the issues that threw up. It just seems like a pretty good time to be a spurs fan, and if people are moaning now, whats it gonna be like when we inevitably dip.

Im not backing anything. Just saying, its hardly a fair comparison. Wenger has been there for twice as long as anyone has been at a club currently in english football. And only one person in history has been at a club longer, and he was the most successful manager we've seen on these shores.

Why are you so hung up on the Wenger part?
Why cant you simply look at the number of every single other clubs managers in the last 20 years and get the point?

If you complain when poch is sacked, i honestly can't express how much i won't give a fuck. Lifes too short mate, enjoy yourself.

Im not one of those people who goes through life pretending Im not disapointed by certain things because "lifes too short".

If my car gets stolen, Im still annoyed and pissed off even though there are people starving in the world.
Spurs lose 6-0 at City, should I celebrate because at least Im not a Syrian refugee..?

Nonsense outlook.

But my point is, why do we have to be pro or anti levy. Why is everyone so obsessed with every minute detail of the football club. I like a Peroni and a curry on a saturday night but I'm not demanding to see Mr Patels projections for the next 5 years. If you ignore the narrative, block out the white noise and forget the rumours. Things are actually going quite well. We've been in europe consistently for however long now. 9 out of the last 10 seasons we've qualified for europe. That puts us joint 3rd with united in that time i believe. Out of all 92 clubs to support in england, we aren't doing too badly.

By all means we can demand more. Keep on their tales. Not let them rest on the laurels, etc etc etc. But in a few seasons time we're going to be moving into one of the best stadiums in the world. A stadium which they went out of their way to keep on the current site, despite the issues that threw up. It just seems like a pretty good time to be a spurs fan, and if people are moaning now, whats it gonna be like when we inevitably dip.

No we're not doing badly but we've been in positions where a slight push could have got us in a much better position.

They wanted the Olympic Stadium.

Right I'm having a break as I'm actually going to watch the San Marino v England game & listen to how destroying the them 3:0 means that we will win the Euros next year.

Back
Top Bottom