TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a lovely thread :avbhumph:

As much as I agree with most of what Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante and subsequent posters have said, I think the remedy is different. The only way to hit Levy is where it hurts - the pocket. Marches, banners etc - he won't give a monkeys if the ticket revenue keeps coming in, the season ticket waiting list grows, the broadcasting revenue continues etc. If the stadium starts looking empty - not only does this hurt match day revenue but broadcasters HATE that - he will HAVE to notice. It's a fucking horrible way to protest as it hurts the team but I can't see any other way.

Levy treats the club like a business and he will only get worried when that business's financials deteriorate and the only way we as fans can impact that is not buy tickets.

Personally I think his goal will be to get the stadium built THEN sell the club as a ready made Man Shitty mk II. At which point I will retch.
Interesting - you will stop going to games to make Levy sell - but will retch when we're bought by a Sheikh or American corporation? Not many people out there with £1b ready to invest in Tottenham simply because they love the club.

Sounds like you want the perfect owner...there's not many of them out there and I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance we'll end up with one.

Out of curiosity - would you rather Levy or Mansour?

This Levy out brigade remind me of the Occupy Wall Street movement. Full of anger with no ideas.
What do we want?
We don't know!
When do we want it?
Now!

If you want people to join your campaign, get a serious campaign. Explain to me who is going to buy the club from ENIC. I want a name. Is it Bill Gates, HSBC whoever. Just get them to put some proposals forward for how they are going to improve the club. Just give me something to get behind. If it is a supporters trust, lets calculate some figures and work out if we can get the money together. Otherwise it is just hot air, like Obama's 'Change' slogan.

6-Down-With-This-Sort-Of-Thing-IMAGE.jpg

You would have thought that if anyone still doubted the motives behind ENIC`s involvement with Spurs, the preseason tournament in Germany would have finally put those doubts to bed. Two games in 24 hours, just 48 hours before our first game of the season. Just a minor event maybe. But to me summed up perfectly the aims and values of Daniel Levy.

Professional football clubs are businesses and run by people who want to make money out of it. Levy/whoever make a complete mess of transfers over and over again. It would be nice if they were better at it, but then, if they're getting rich, they'll be happy with how things are going.

It's not the fans job to pick an owner . That'll be enic's job & im sure it'll be to the highest bidder regardless of who it is. It's simply a case of the current one , and how it does its business,not sitting comfortably with many fans

If you want a name , I'll give you Lord Zarg of Bellerophon in the Pegasus sector. He shits diamonds & can build structures , instantly , by thought.

If you want a name , I'll give you Lord Zarg of Bellerophon in the Pegasus sector. He shits diamonds & can build structures , instantly , by thought.

That's the most sensible post I have seen for starting a Levy out campaign. But sorry, I still can't get behind Lord Zarg until he explains to me how he will improve the club

It's not the fans job to pick an owner . That'll be enic's job & im sure it'll be to the highest bidder regardless of who it is. It's simply a case of the current one , and how it does its business,not sitting comfortably with many fans

I think what Spursinho Spursinho is asking his, who would you like? Look at it -

Levy - Improved us greatly on the pitch, but people don't like his running of the club.
Sugar - Self-proclaimed fan willing to invest in the club, but shit on the pitch. We drove him out.
Sheikh - Many don't want us to lose identity being bought by Arab billionaire

As I asked DevonLilywhite DevonLilywhite , we know you don't want Levy - I'd be interested to know who you DO want? Just saying it's not our job to pick is a cop out. Who would make you happy? Who realistically could buy our club that you think would be better than any of the above?

So we're looking for an owner who isn't going to turn us in to Man City MKII, but has enough funds to pour in to the club to make us successful but not want to prioritise profit because that would be too much like Levy.

A mega rich person, willing to potentially lose money in order to put the football first, who will finance the club but not turn us in to an oligarch style plaything...

Hmmm...well I don't know if such a person exists, but if anyone can live up to those contradictions I'd assume we're looking for someone who made of magic and can shit rainbows.

I think what Spursinho Spursinho is asking his, who would you like? Look at it -

Levy - Improved us greatly on the pitch, but people don't like his running of the club.
Sugar - Self-proclaimed fan willing to invest in the club, but shit on the pitch. We drove him out.
Sheikh - Many don't want us to lose identity being bought by Arab billionaire

As I asked DevonLilywhite DevonLilywhite , we know you don't want Levy - I'd be interested to know who you DO want? Just saying it's not our job to pick is a cop out. Who would make you happy? Who realistically could buy our club that you think would be better than any of the above?

Who would I like? Someone who invests. Someone who treats the fan fairly ( how much for tickets!?) I could say Bill Gates but to give a name is pretty pointless .

People say that City & the Chavs have sold their souls etc..... There is no soul in the business side of football, period. Charging how much for a kid to be a mascot? I remember writing to Spurs as a kid saying how much I loved them, they sent me programmes,a scarf & various other bits that I treasure. What would you get these day? Nowt.

We did progress yup, but it's was taken away because of zero net spend.... The stadium can be paid for with TV £ alone over the next 10 years. & that doesn't include outside investors & naming rights. Are we saying under enic that with all the other revenue we make nothing? & this is seen as good business? From chopping & changing of managers, players , Olympic bid, archway, transfer dealings, scouting etc, I just don't think we're as well run as some think.

We did progress yup, but it's was taken away because of zero net spend.... The stadium can be paid for with TV £ alone over the next 10 years. & that doesn't include outside investors & naming rights. Are we saying under enic that with all the other revenue we make nothing? & this is seen as good business? From chopping & changing of managers, players , Olympic bid, archway, transfer dealings, scouting etc, I just don't think we're as well run as some think.

But then will you complain about the net spend? We can't have it both ways. The costs of running a club have to come from somewhere. Doris the tea lady has got bills to pay otherwise I'm sure she'd work for free.

Seems to me that the main problem here, is that the club isn't being run at a loss? I think the main reason there hasn't been a huge groundswell of protests is because things really aren't that bad. Its not that we signed no one, its that we didn't sign the players YOU wanted. Its not that money isn't being spent, its that they're not spending the amount YOU want spent.

Had Kyle walker not scored that own goal, and we'd held on against stoke and everton, we'd have 8 points right now, unbeaten for the season so far and sitting in the top 4 (around crystal palace and leicester). And then i guarantee this thread wouldn't be here. Every season, when something doesnt go perfect from the off, someone has to get blamed. Things aren't going to be perfect unless we become Man City. And tbh, i'd rather have Harry Kane, Rose, Mason and Bentaleb in the side than some £30million+ anybodies.

And its kind of pointless having all this right in the middle of the stadium build. We either should have done this 5 years ago when it was taking long (oh but everyone was perfectly happy then) or in a few years time when its all finished, and we're looking to begin the next era.

What exactly are people saying Enic are doing wrong? Is it that they're not investing loads of money? Because that didn't go to well last time.

Who would I like? Someone who invests. Someone who treats the fan fairly ( how much for tickets!?) I could say Bill Gates but to give a name is pretty pointless .

People say that City & the Chavs have sold their souls etc..... There is no soul in the business side of football, period. Charging how much for a kid to be a mascot? I remember writing to Spurs as a kid saying how much I loved them, they sent me programmes,a scarf & various other bits that I treasure. What would you get these day? Nowt.

Could you give an example of a club you'd like to mimic?

Tickets...a contentious issue for sure. Given the demand, I can understand the prices. A waiting list of how many tens of thousands? Our stadium fills up every week. They're not going to lower the prices out of the goodness of their hearts, that isn't modern football I'm afraid. If people are willing to pay it, they're going to charge it. Is it right? Maybe not, but from a business standpoint it's a no brainer.

Football has changed. Expecting free scarves and not getting them is not a slight on Levy, it's top level football as a whole.

I understand, ENIC are not perfect owners - far from it. They don't always do good business, they don't always make the right decisions. I don't know owners that don't fall into that category.

I struggle to think of another Premier League club I'd like to swap owners with.

But then will you complain about the net spend? We can't have it both ways. The costs of running a club have to come from somewhere. Doris the tea lady has got bills to pay otherwise I'm sure she'd work for free.

Seems to me that the main problem here, is that the club isn't being run at a loss? I think the main reason there hasn't been a huge groundswell of protests is because things really aren't that bad. Its not that we signed no one, its that we didn't sign the players YOU wanted. Its not that money isn't being spent, its that they're not spending the amount YOU want spent.

Had Kyle walker not scored that own goal, and we'd held on against stoke and everton, we'd have 8 points right now, unbeaten for the season so far and sitting in the top 4 (around crystal palace and leicester). And then i guarantee this thread wouldn't be here. Every season, when something doesnt go perfect from the off, someone has to get blamed. Things aren't going to be perfect unless we become Man City. And tbh, i'd rather have Harry Kane, Rose, Mason and Bentaleb in the side than some £30million+ anybodies.

And its kind of pointless having all this right in the middle of the stadium build. We either should have done this 5 years ago when it was taking long (oh but everyone was perfectly happy then) or in a few years time when its all finished, and we're looking to begin the next era.

What exactly are people saying Enic are doing wrong? Is it that they're not investing loads of money? Because that didn't go to well last time.

Investment not going bankrupt. Enic have invested £36m in it's entire ownership. They know they'll get close to a billion back... Since the initial £36m , everything they have out in has been created by THFC, they have no other companies . Here's a thought. Why not just let the club run itself, the way it's run now, we need no owners as it's self funding.

Enic are investing nothing to reap a huge profit, that's fine but with that in mind can't they make ticket prices equal to we're we are in the league / Europe & not in the elite club prices.

Surprised Irving Scholar hasn't got a mention, we had the best manager and squad in ages and he squandered the whole bloody lot and almost put us out of existence to boot.

In my life time, we have always looked second best to the better teams of the day, is this the board, players, coach or supporters? it seems to be in our DNA.

For me..players and coaches need to take some responsibility in all this? If we had opened the season with 3 wins out of four-I guess feelings may be different? We were certainly good enough to win 3 and draw against Utd.
we seem to promote a club where players come and get comfortable and then need motivation. Maybe we should give the players a hard time and let them know we expect. Although I fully support Poch, Im fed up with foreign coaches who have no emotional connection to the club. Redknapp has been the only coach in recent time who understood the ethos and history of the club. He was there when we were successful and I believe grateful of the opportunity to manage such a big club.

With Levy, however the club is run and where its heading, its all speculation and depending what agenda you promote it fuels your argument? The club will always be here when we are not. So enjoy it now before the time passes whether we are successful (so rich we buy everyone and do a Chav) or be (so successful keep our money and do FA as with the SCUN).

You can tell we are in an international break?

Investment not going bankrupt. Enic have invested £36m in it's entire ownership. They know they'll get close to a billion back... Since the initial £36m , everything they have out in has been created by THFC, they have no other companies . Here's a thought. Why not just let the club run itself, the way it's run now, we need no owners as it's self funding.

Enic are investing nothing to reap a huge profit, that's fine but with that in mind can't they make ticket prices equal to we're we are in the league / Europe & not in the elite club prices.
I don't see your point here tbh. Being self sufficient is exactly what we want surely? So the club is basically running itself... so then wheres the problem ?

I mean yeah sure ticket prices could be cheaper, but then our wage bill could also be lower. The beers could be cheaper. The merch could be cheaper. At what point do we stop? If we're doing as well as we are with the current structure, whats the point in changing it for the worse?

Back
Top Bottom