Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In terms of football profiles. He absolutely is.

He's a quick player, who's best on the last line of defence. So he can get use his pace to get through on goal and score.

Hold up play is non existent, isn't particularly creative and isn't as good of a finisher as Son.

Openda would be an odd target in a summer where our wide men are where the attention needs to be.
He’s a slack arse. He’s very wasteful but produces moments of brilliance. He’s a frustrating player. Sesko is not the finished article but is centre forward. Big,strong,quick,very good movement and can finish. This summer is the time to go for him because in a years time he’ll be too expensive and likely to succeed Harry at Bayern.

He’s a slack arse. He’s very wasteful but produces moments of brilliance. He’s a frustrating player. Sesko is not the finished article but is centre forward. Big,strong,quick,very good movement and can finish. This summer is the time to go for him because in a years time he’ll be too expensive and likely to succeed Harry at Bayern.
Yeah, Openda had Madrid (was it?) carved open a Few times and absolutely fucked it 3/4 times in the first half.

Regarding full-backs next season:

Out:
Emerson - doesn't fit Angelos' system and he's too good to be a perennial bench player.
Sessegnon - far too injury prone
Reguilon - injury prone

Incoming:

LB:

Samuel Illing-Junior or Alfie Doughty or Miguel Gutiérrez

RB:
Kyriani Sabbe or Michael Kayode
The Fulham FB?

Based on nothing but a hunch, I think Openda becomes our striker target this summer. Right price range, playing style, age and very consistent scoring record in multiple leagues.
Not against it at all.

he's not the tallest is the only thing

About 5'10

I'd keep Richarlison too.

Would be typical Spurs to go to Leipzig and come back with the wrong striker.
Sesko has been really hit and miss when I've seen him play.

I don't think he's a "killer" as Lucas referred to Son and Kane.

Also, Openda's numbers are much better and more consistent.

Backup players weren't a priority, we had loads of holes to fill first.

Jimmy Carr Reaction GIF by The QI Elves

Caught some of PSG v Lyon tonight.

If PSG are determined to replace Bappe and or keep Simons, there has to be some of those forwards that need a game elsewhere:

Barcola - Think he's a massive massive talent that is just about to explode. They might be dumb enough to do it.

Ramos - Scored twice and was a very interesting CF profile for what we need. Mobile enough to press, quick enough to get in behind, strong enough to bring others into the play, can finish. His header was a beauty. Jaynola Jaynola this is your shout and I'm wondering if they might actually do it.

Kolo Muani - Didn't do much but has a similar profile to Isak. Could be resurrected IMO.

For Lyon Ernest Nuamah was the only bright spot and he was really bright. Scored a great goal, hit the post and that PSG left side couldn't deal with him at all. He will end up at a bigger club this summer because he can really fucking dribble and has pace to go with it.

If PSG are determined to replace Bappe and or keep Simons, there has to be some of those forwards that need a game elsewhere:

Barcola - Think he's a massive massive talent that is just about to explode. They might be dumb enough to do it.

Ramos - Scored twice and was a very interesting CF profile for what we need. Mobile enough to press, quick enough to get in behind, strong enough to bring others into the play, can finish. His header was a beauty. Jaynola Jaynola this is your shout and I'm wondering if they might actually do it.

Kolo Muani - Didn't do much but has a similar profile to Isak. Could be resurrected IMO.

For Lyon Ernest Nuamah was the only bright spot and he was really bright. Scored a great goal, hit the post and that PSG left side couldn't deal with him at all. He will end up at a bigger club this summer because he can really fucking dribble and has pace to go with it.
Ramos would be great, but we're not getting a striker from PSG are we?

We were linked with Nuamah in the summer.

Did say Lyon was probably better for his development at the time. Nice to see him doing well

I'd happily take Désiré Doué as he can play both as WF and OM.
He's turning 19 this summer, so still young.

Ive mentioned him a couple of times in the other matches thread while watching Rennes. Pretty sure there are big fish with their eyes on him.

Sep 22

Last week

Back
Top Bottom