Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we want to get players in of the required quality we can get maybe 2-3 of those. If we can spend 150m we can't get 7 players of sufficient quality, it's just not possible in this market where decent players go for 40m minimum.

We can't continue bin dipping for bargains or we'll end up with more Bissoumas, Emersons etc

Hypothetically; before any sales.

40m
40m
40m
+ 15m each for 2 x back-up FBs
= 150m

That's 5 out of the 6 listed if you shop well. Notch that up with another 50m in sales and you're there (yet creating more squad gaps in the process)......... BUT you can't assume you'll get HQ attackers for 40m..... Even if you might strike gold on one or two.

Won't be on many peoples radar but we desperately need a new back-up keeper too.

It blows my mind that posters are still calling for attackers after we scored 2 again but conceded 4 goals again.
It's bleeding obvious we need cover FBs and MFs who can protect our defenders.
I still love Ange but his belief in Emerson has royally fucked up our season.

If we want to get players in of the required quality we can get maybe 2-3 of those. If we can spend 150m we can't get 7 players of sufficient quality, it's just not possible in this market where decent players go for 40m minimum.

We can't continue bin dipping for bargains or we'll end up with more Bissoumas, Emersons etc
I expect we'll sign younger players and not established names. Ange will want players who will buy in to his system and work their bollocks off. Usually have to go with young players to get that kind of exuberance and commitment.

DM- Pepelu or Zubimendi
CM - Archie Gray
AM- Eze
WF- Desire Doue
WF - Nusa
ST- Benjamin Sesko

I like Iling-Junior & Locatelli as well if Juve are in trouble

KWP as HG backup to Porro

Vicario
Bazunu
Udogie
Iling-Junior
Porro
Walker-Peters
Van De Ven
Calafiori
Romero
Dragusin
Pepelu or Zubimendi
Bentancur
Gray
Sarr
Bergvall
Maddison
Eze
Doue
Nusa
Johnson
Sesko
Son

Vicario isn't guaranteed his place in the starting XI unless he improves after an extremely poor dozen games or so, we should be looking for someone to compete with him and if Southampton don't get promoted Bazunu and KWP should be very realistic targets.

Sesko has a €42m release clause this summer, we'll struggle to find better for that kind of money.

In midfield I'd retain only Bentancur due to his pre injury form in hope it is regained and Sarr. Lots of work needed there as well as up top.

10 new players in a 22 man squad. Shame about Werner but he hasn't shown that his teeth are sharp enough for me and whilst I wouldn't mind us signing him I'm rather disappointed he didn't show more gutsy attitudes in front of goal. He hid when we needed people standing up.

Richarlison and Brennan Johnson were English league proven and it didn't make jot of a difference. I think we'll bring in somebody like Summerville, Doue, Nusa, Bakayoko plus a centre forward. Doue looks fun. Don't see us getting a higher price/level player like Kvara, Olise at all, and think we'll try for potentially super high level youngsters

Back in for Nusa is my guess.

Back in for Nusa is my guess.
I think we'll go elsewhere tbh. Looks a talented player, and very young, but don't think he's scored this calendar year. We surely need someone a bit more ready to take up a starting position. Some other sub 22yo guy with a decent scoring record.

I think we'll go elsewhere tbh. Looks a talented player, and very young, but don't think he's scored this calendar year. We surely need someone a bit more ready to take up a starting position. Some other sub 22yo guy with a decent scoring record.

I agree but I think we will go for mid range punts rather than busting a gut to get the finished article. Too expensive for us innit (no other top PL club think this way particularly or if they do they bring in finished articles too). I’m fed up of projects.

Any good?

Very

Not a big body traditional #9 but stocky, strong, quick, and great touch in tight spaces (that's what she said).

Would be able to press but also hold the ball up and bring others in with technical skills. The premier league would hack the shit out of him though because he's technical enough to piss off the donkeys that every team has at CB or #6.

Very

Not a big body traditional #9 but stocky, strong, quick, and great touch in tight spaces (that's what she said).

Would be able to press but also hold the ball up and bring others in with technical skills. The premier league would hack the shit out of him though because he's technical enough to piss off the donkeys that every team has at CB or #6.

Hope he's not a fan of getting penalties.

Gallagher cooking for Chelsea.
Gallagher is a 100% Chelsea fan... and fair play to him, but I wouldn't trust him for one second to suddenly be any good for us...

2 exhibits a) & b)

Jason Cundy (Chelsea fan)
Darren Bent (Gooner)

Both spectacularly shit for us... Yet somehow played perfectly fine for other clubs.

Case closed!

Hope he's not a fan of getting penalties.

We need to get in with the officials and producers that push the storylines each season.

Easily the worst season I can remember for us with officials. Nobody will believe me but until this year I was a staunch believer that things even out over a season. At least for us anyway. Can't unsee what I've seen this season.

Gallagher is a 100% Chelsea fan... and fair play to him, but I wouldn't trust him for one second to suddenly be any good for us...

2 exhibits a) & b)

Jason Cundy (Chelsea fan)
Darren Bent (Gooner)

Both spectacularly shit for us... Yet somehow played perfectly fine for other clubs.

Case closed!

Footballers don't think like football fans.

Back
Top Bottom