Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regarding full-backs next season:

Out:
Emerson - doesn't fit Angelos' system and he's too good to be a perennial bench player.
Sessegnon - far too injury prone
Reguilon - injury prone

Incoming:

LB:

Samuel Illing-Junior or Alfie Doughty or Miguel Gutiérrez

RB:
Kyriani Sabbe or Michael Kayode

Last edited:
You could never aim the not working hard card at Porro mate. He gives everything every game. Udogie needs more of a challenge because he’s been in a comfort zone lately.
I've said multiple times that Porro tries hard, that he gives his all. Still, he needs to improve defensively cause he ain't where he should be. Even attacking-wise, despite the assists and odd goal, he can still do better.

I'm just thinking that the motivation to work on your game ain't the same if your deputy ain't really seen as big competition.

He really hasn't been that bad.

90 percentile for Passes attempted,completed, tackles and interceptions.
How many of them passes are backwards or 5 yarders? Cause in the end, that's
0 assist & 0 big chance created to date, despite that shiny percentile. For a guy who touches the ball about 85 times a game.

0 goal scored too, which is no surprise cause he doesn't shoot or get in the box. FYI, Rodri has 7 goals and 7 assists. Rice has 6 & 5.

But an error of his lead to us conceding one. And I bet they only record direct errors, not the times where the player doesn't track back or puts in a weak challenge, leading to a goal moments later.

8 yellows. 2 reds.

I'm expecting so much better from our starting DM, but that's just my opinion and obviously it's totally cool for others to like/love Biss.

0 assist & 0 big chance created to date, despite that shiny percentile. For a guy who touches the ball about 85 times a game.

0 goal scored too, which is no surprise cause he doesn't shoot or get in the box. FYI, Rodri has 7 goals and 7 assists. Rice has 6 & 5.

But an error of his lead to us conceding one. And I bet they only record direct errors, not the times where the player doesn't track back or puts in a weak challenge, leading to a goal moments later.

8 yellows. 2 reds.

I'm expecting so much better from our starting DM, but that's just my opinion and obviously it's totally cool for others to like/love Biss.
He's in the 88% percentile for progressive passes, which they define as "Completed passes that move the ball towards the opponent's goal line at least 10 yards from its furthest point in the last six passes, or any completed pass into the penalty area. Excludes passes from the defending 40% of the pitch".

If you want to talk defensively, when it comes to blocks (which would mean he did track back and put a good challenge in), he's higher than both Rice and Rodri.

It sounds like your problem with Bissouma is that he isn't as good as Rodri, good luck finding someone that is who we can realistically get.

He's in the 88% percentile for progressive passes, which they define as "Completed passes that move the ball towards the opponent's goal line at least 10 yards from its furthest point in the last six passes, or any completed pass into the penalty area. Excludes passes from the defending 40% of the pitch".
Fair enough.

If you want to talk defensively, when it comes to blocks (which would mean he did track back and put a good challenge in), he's higher than both Rice and Rodri.
Again.

Be interesting to compare their pressing stats to ours, though...don't think Rodri or Rice need to block as many simply as City/Woolwich get the ball back quicker?

But yeah, fair enough.

It sounds like your problem with Bissouma is that he isn't as good as Rodri, good luck finding someone that is who we can realistically get.
Man, that's not what it is. I know he ain't Rodri and he doesn't need to be. And I sure know we can't go out and get someone at that level. I just want to see Biss in monster mode (again), like we know he can be. I wanna see big chances made, assists provided, the odd goal and fewer lapses at the back. I'm a demanding broad, always been my issue.

Anyway, nice debating with you, my man. Always good when two can disagree without insulting each other's entire family.

8 yellows. 2 reds.

Percentage-wise Biss has been good this season. His issue is that his mistakes have been high profile or led to goals and we needed him to be a leader this season and instead he allowed the consequences of those mistakes to derail him a bit.

With competition for his place and a summer breather, he can still regain his dominant form next season. But we need the competition in case he doesn't.

Based on nothing but a hunch, I think Openda becomes our striker target this summer. Right price range, playing style, age and very consistent scoring record in multiple leagues.

Only question there is that he's just arrived there last summer didn't he?
Their model would be to hold for one more season and push the price up 10-20m.

If we could get him, he looks a serious talent.

Would be typical Spurs to go to Leipzig and come back with the wrong striker.

Who is the right/wrong striker from Leipzig?

He's much stockier and stronger than Son.

Tbh I don't think he's similar to Son at all.

In terms of football profiles. He absolutely is.

He's a quick player, who's best on the last line of defence. So he can get use his pace to get through on goal and score.

Hold up play is non existent, isn't particularly creative and isn't as good of a finisher as Son.

Openda would be an odd target in a summer where our wide men are where the attention needs to be.

In terms of football profiles. He absolutely is.

He's a quick player, who's best on the last line of defence. So he can get use his pace to get through on goal and score.

Hold up play is non existent, isn't particularly creative and isn't as good of a finisher as Son.

Openda would be an odd target in a summer where our wide men are where the attention needs to be.

His hold up play is non-existant? You sure about that?

Depends if the word non-existant is taken literally or not. He's not the profile we need at a striker.

Even Guirrassy would be a better option. And he's available for 15m.

Looks like an Aguero regen to me. That's exactly the profile we need.

People expecting us to go out and get an old school #9 profile are likely to be disappointed imo.

Looks like an Aguero regen to me. That's exactly the profile we need.

People expecting us to go out and get an old school #9 profile are likely to be disappointed imo.

Funnily enough, he reminds me more of Timo Werner when watching him.

I don't think we'll sign a striker anyway. Not if we can't get rid of Richarlison for a decent fee.

I just hope the winger we end up signing is worth it.

Funnily enough, he reminds me more of Timo Werner when watching him.

I don't think we'll sign a striker anyway. Not if we can't get rid of Richarlison for a decent fee.

I just hope the winger we end up signing is worth it.

Werner but the tank version with much stronger legs and core.

that can receive under pressure and carry us up the pitch under pressure. Wins fouls to relieve pressure and plays 1 touch football in and around the box.

So nothing like Werner at all really. Or Son.

Back
Top Bottom