Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eze is different imo. More of a dribbler and could play with Maddison more. MGW is more of an 8 and then a bit of 10.

I'd be very happy with either. MGW has a better injury record if I had to guess.
I think we actually NEED both not as a luxury but to actually make the dam system work. You can't have too many footballers if your going to ask two fullbacks to be your fulcrum of your attack. The more players with touch who can see a pass and break the lines the better. Ironic that there's a player on the books who if he actually gave a fuck ....oh forget it.:tanguythumb:

People want to replace Son at CF because of the lack of aerial duels and then want this 5'7 belgian bloke who isn't even anywhere near as good as Richarlison
We should seriously look at Bejamin Sesko, supposedly has a 42 million pound release clause. Sound technical attributes strong can hold it up, Starfleet command experience. We want to start raising the overall squad quality, Sesko, Eze, Williams is as good as we could hope for.

Why?

Looks like he’s only played CF before

Looks like pace is a big part of his game. Currently our most effective wide players are Werner and Johnson and they are mainly about pace. So if this guy knows how to finish he could be an upgrade on Werner. Also, if there's ANY truth about the rumours concerning Gimenez and Solanke, I don't think this guy fits the profile of strikers we are looking at

We should seriously look at Bejamin Sesko, supposedly has a 42 million pound release clause. Sound technical attributes strong can hold it up, Starfleet command experience. We want to start raising the overall squad quality, Sesko, Eze, Williams is as good as we could hope for.
Those 3, quality #6, and Tosin on a free…
No Spurs fan could complain about that level of ambition.

I’d expect those additions to have us in a tithe race too.

Looks like pace is a big part of his game. Currently our most effective wide players are Werner and Johnson and they are mainly about pace. So if this guy knows how to finish he could be an upgrade on Werner. Also, if there's ANY truth about the rumours concerning Gimenez and Solanke, I don't think this guy fits the profile of strikers we are looking at

It’s hard to know what they are really after tbh

I’m not advocating this guy. Never heard of him before today

Only free agents incoming this summer :D

• Tottenham Hotspur could target Luton Town centre-back Gabriel Osho as a free transfer target during the 2024 summer transfer window.
  • Spurs are aiming to secure Champions League qualification, eyeing potential signings like Osho, Tosin Adarabioyo, and Lloyd Kelly.
  • Osho is also attracting interest from other Premier League clubs such as Aston Villa and Fulham.

People want to replace Son at CF because of the lack of aerial duels and then want this 5'7 belgian bloke who isn't even anywhere near as good as Richarlison

Not all people.

Id have zero issues with Son playing at CF if he was playing on the last line of defence and getting on the end of low crosses.

In fact, if the choice was to sign a striker and put Son on LW or sign a LW and play Son as a striker, I'm taking the latter everyday

Absolutely class player.

Issue is though considering how much he would I cost, where would he play for us? He would need to play in that 10/8 hybrid role that Maddison plays in.

We should be making a statement signing in the 6 position, not this one.
Considering the form that Maddison has been in lately I don't think some competition would be a bad thing.

Do agree that we need a 6

Wouldn't mind us being quite ruthless this summer and severely trimming down the squad. Can't imagine their sales bringing in a meaningful amount of money, but it should allow us to bring in quality players for problem areas rather than a single statement signing and a few make do players.

Potential outs:
Ndombele
Reguilon
Tanganga
Rodon - funnily enough I think he'll be our most in demand player with lower PL teams being keen on him.
Spence
Skipp - for the sake of his career give the guy a move.
Hojberg
Bissouma - contingent on actually getting a replacement in
Richarlison - have developed a real soft spot for the guy, but don't think he's the answer
Kulusevski
Gil
Lo Celso
Sessegnon
Solomon
Royal

Worryingly sounds a lot like a message coming out of the club...

If they really think this summer can be another "incremental" one, they may end up losing the interest of more of the fanbase than they are bargaining on.

Those "statement" signings in other areas don't fill me with much hope at all. Sounds like they are planning a bang average CM for 35-40m and a CF that won't be as good as Kane but slightly better than Richy.

They need to bring elite-level players, the same ol same ol won't cut it. Neither will Son as our starting LW. And neither will Solomon as anything.
Ali Gold is the club's No 1 stooge. Guy would do anything to keep his media access. I have zero time for him, might actually respect him even less than I do Brizio.

Funny (read pathetic) how he's a living God to Ricky Saks and his lot at LWOS.

Wouldn't mind us being quite ruthless this summer and severely trimming down the squad. Can't imagine their sales bringing in a meaningful amount of money, but it should allow us to bring in quality players for problem areas rather than a single statement signing and a few make do players.

Potential outs:
Ndombele
Reguilon
Tanganga
Rodon - funnily enough I think he'll be our most in demand player with lower PL teams being keen on him.
Spence
Skipp - for the sake of his career give the guy a move.
Hojberg
Bissouma - contingent on actually getting a replacement in
Richarlison - have developed a real soft spot for the guy, but don't think he's the answer
Kulusevski
Gil
Lo Celso
Sessegnon
Solomon
Royal
I’d keep Bissouma, he’s a quality player who has had a stop start season.

Back
Top Bottom