Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keep:

Vicario
Romero
Van De Ven
Porro
Udogie
Dragusin
Sarr
Maddison

Bench:
Lo Celso
Bentancur
Sarr
Werner
Kulusevski

Sell at a good price:
Son
Richarlison
Johnson
Emerson
Bissouma

Sell at any cost:
Gil
Hojbjerg
Davies
Sessegnon
Solomon
Sell
Rodon
Spence
Emerson
Sessegnon
Davies
Lo Celso
Skipp
Ndombele
Hojbjerg
Solomon
Gil
Richarlison

Aside from Romero & VDV we should be listening to offers to every single player. That's how bad things are. Udogie, Vicario, Porro, Maddison & Bentancur are a decent start on a spine but man we need a LOT of improvements.

We have gotten in a lot of central midfielders and defenders recently, we absolutely need to make great forwards our priority this year.

I think Conor Gallagher is one of those players you would appreciate more if he played for your team. He's a bit one paced and can give the ball away a fair bit at times. But his work-rate is phenomenal week in, week out. You also can't argue with his ability to get a goal from midfield as he's almost in double figures in the Premier League this season for a dysfunctional team. I may go against the grain with this one but think he would be a solid signing for around the 50 million mark. 24 is a great age too as he still has a few years of improving before he's at or near to his peak.
Can't really agree from what I've seen. Another Maddison but less creative.

What does the club want, because with villas resurgence, and united to no doubt spend big Levy's target of 4th will never happen with mid players.

Watching that game carefully, there are so many basic players in the team that can never play quick one touch stuff ending in a good shot or a killer pass . Majority of them just aren't built for it. That work better in a countering team or a more passive system .

Kulu , son, and Johnson close to pointless, they just can't play that kinda football. Was actually longing for Timo that game.
None of them have a good first touch, none of them can pick a pass, none of them can beat a man and pull a team out of their shape.

Same again for the entire midfield , bar maddison and kinda bentancur kinda at a push!

Emerson obviously also.

With udogie back That's just the 6 players from the starting lineup alone that would need to be replaced
Fuckin ell

Over to u Daniel :levywtf:
With Olise up for sale, we really should be putting in a very serious bid....
Some hopes...!

Disagree, he has shown his value in the past, none of our attacking players are doing any good under Ange, and so are the midfielders and the defenders.

Showing value for one or two games here and there isn't good enough though. He constantly wants far too much time on the ball and you never get that in the Premier League. He's okay as a squad player, but I just can't see him ever being more than that for any top side.

Vic
Porro - Romero - VDV - Udogie
NEW
Bentancur -- Maddison
NEW - Son - NEW

We need a proper player and fighter as the 6. Someone like Palhinha. Biss just doesn't have it mentally and it's too important a position to start someone flaky.

I think Bentancur has enough about him physically, is aggressive and is technically good enough to be the 8 and chip in with goals. We know what Maddison can do at his best. Sarr and Bergvall plus Donley/Moore/Devine should be able deputies.

Most critically we need two new starting wingers that can actually put fear into the opposition. FFS even the likes of Mudryk/Madueke give defenders something to think about and get them on the back foot.
Not ideal to have Son/Richarlison at CF for another year but I do think we would see an uptick from them with better wingers.

We must do better than Johnson/Kulu/Solomon/Werner/Son as our wingers. It's simply mid-table if we are being honest.

Son playing the way he is currently cannot be our 9 next season (nor can he be our winger either). He doesn't challenge the box in any way. Richy atleast is an aerial presence (when we actually get some half decent crosses in unlike Johnson's attempts yesterday) although we should upgrade on him . Tbh, we really need a whole new frontline.

Vic
NEW
Bentancur -- Maddison
NEW - Son - NEW

We need a proper player and fighter as the 6. Someone like Palhinha. Biss just doesn't have it mentally and it's too important a position to start someone flaky.

I think Bentancur has enough about him physically, is aggressive and is technically good enough to be the 8 and chip in with goals. We know what Maddison can do at his best. Sarr and Bergvall plus Donley/Moore/Devine should be able deputies.

Most critically we need two new starting wingers that can actually put fear into the opposition. FFS even the likes of Mudryk/Madueke give defenders something to think about and get them on the back foot.
Not ideal to have Son/Richarlison at CF for another year but I do think we would see an uptick from them with better wingers.

We must do better than Johnson/Kulu/Solomon/Werner/Son as our wingers. It's simply mid-table if we are being honest.
you can have the best wingers in the world. son isnt going to tear shit up at 9 even with the best supprt going. hes not a box threat and his build up stinks! hes literally good at shooting when he has space and running in behind! you dont get that at 9...especially when teams have worked out the easiest way to beat us is camp in their 18 yard box and we dont have the quality to deal with it.

Vic
NEW
Bentancur -- Maddison
NEW - Son - NEW

Definitely need someone to sit in front of the defence. All great teams have a strong player there. Not sure Palhinha is the answer though. Boy’s a walking yellow card. Does press well. But doesn’t seem to be able to time his tackles well enough. He’d be constantly suspended if he joined us.

Fuck knows who’s better and gettable though. Have to assume Fabio is on the case I suppose.

Vic
NEW
Bentancur -- Maddison
NEW - Son - NEW

We can’t have Son as a 9. It’s killing us. He just can’t play with his back to the opposition.

I’m coming more and more round to Toney.

Emerson first name out the door, seen enough. Appalling footballer. If Ange has title ambitions then this player is the farthest from that. Cannot let sentimentality get in the way of this one.

Back
Top Bottom