Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His ability to beat the press can make him invaluable in this system. He needs a solid DM alongside him.
He’s not been helped by the drop in form of the entire midfield and front line. Lately however he’s struggled to make a decent pass.

Genuinely don’t understand the difference between his current and start of season form. Happy for someone more tactically astute to point it out me though.

He’s not been helped by the drop in form of the entire midfield and front line. Lately however he’s struggled to make a decent pass.

Genuinely don’t understand the difference between his current and start of season form. Happy for someone more tactically astute to point it out me though.
It's not tactical, he's just exhausted.

We don't need a replacement, just a cover option for him next season.

There isn't loads of difference. Start of the season all our players looked better because we were playing a new brand of football, winning games and the opposition hadn't figured out ways to make things hard for us. Subsequently they have, lots of our players are looking a bit less super duper, but we are still doing pretty well, Bissouma is still the same player with the same assortment of decent qualities.

It can be a it of both.
And how do you know Bissouma's just exhausted? And why should be exhausted after just a few months?
Teams often do in fact smarten up against better (possession) teams as the season(s) go by as they're figuring out how to stop certain players - by, for example, giving Bissouma less space to operate in than he used to.
The 2nd season "syndrome" is a known thing in football.
PS! I would like to keep Bissouma unless Spurs are offered ridiculous for him.

I rate Toney. Great hold-up and if you do create chances he will finish them, despite current drought. But agree with you overall on this one - he is 28, the gambling is an issue and I also am not a fan of the way he's talked about Brentford.

Yet never a bad word said about him by those inside the game who know, manage or play with him

Alasdair Gold window roundup - 1st September 2024......'The club are said to be delighted with their left sided options with the newly signed Timo Werner, a fit again Manor Solomon who i'm told has looked sharp in training and the option of playing Son there as well. Yago Santiago is also meant to be highly regarded by the coaching staff'
That's just the kind of guff he'd come up with :harrylol:

Remember several on here wetting their knickers over a post of his claiming that behind the scenes everyone in the club had been blown away by Veliz and believed he would be leading the line by now.

Bloke chats shit and has a very dedicated army of weirdos that hang off his every word

How these people function in day to day life puzzles me

That's not the story of Lamela at all.

Damn good player, 100% down with the cause that was simply hampered by injury.
Disagree.

Loved his passion for the club, but as a player considering what we signed him to be, he was just average. He got 17 PL goals in 177 appearances… no matter what way you dress it up that’s crap.

And even aside from injuries, he made nearly 300 appearances for the club and flattered to deceive in the vast majority of them.

Those 3, quality #6, and Tosin on a free…
No Spurs fan could complain about that level of ambition.

I’d expect those additions to have us in a tithe race too.
If we don't sign Oblak, Tapsoba, A. Davies, Kimmich, Simons & Mbappe on 900k pw each...then we haven't shown ambition.

Simples!

Exhausted?!

He's a professional athlete. With the body to prove it.

He barely played last year.

Missed a fair chunk this year through silly suspensions and al.

Yeah yeah yeah he had malaria etc etc.

So I'm sorry but I don't buy the he's exhausted. If that's really the answer, we'll it's got nothing to do with his football but his private life.

Back
Top Bottom