Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couple on here

Neto, Bakayoko, I like Cherki

GHVswm7WQAAEcbe
Isn’t Cherki available on the cheap or something due to a contract issue?

Madison should have played or at least come on as a sub. Branthwaite should have been given a go as well, McGuire for God’s sake. Out of form Rashford comes on, Bowen,who will not go to the Euros came on. Watkins did nothing so why not bring Toney on? We will go to Euros and if Kane is injured other strikers will have had hardly any experience. Will Dunk go to Euros, hopefully not so why was he brought on ahead of Branthwaite? Southgate is clueless.
The players that didn't get on will probably start on Tuesday ... Toney, Maddison etc.

Watching Connor Gallagher playing for England. We can’t be seriously thinking of buying him, he’s just a runner. Nowhere near good enough for what we want.
Football is a 105 minute game now, he has a place in the squad as a runner to close games out and for certain battles

SeeSpotRun - This is one of those instances where, if you disagree, you should offer up why and seek to set the record straight.
Sorry fat fingers.

Although I do disagree with the last paragraph and it contradicts the first paragraph anyway. For example a player bought 4 years ago for $120M on a 6 year contract has a residual amortised value of $40M and will be a $20M loss if sold for $20M or a $20M profit if sold for $60M, even though purchased outside the current FFP window.

Thought Gibbs White is more a Maddison style 10 than a wide forward.
Check out his season heatmap, he plays mainly on the right-hand side but also drifts centrally and spends a fair bit of his time on the left. Kid is pretty versatile, great technique, good with either peg.

But they spent 40ish mil on him and I hardly see them sell for any less, especially as he's a better, more experienced player these days.

Hypothetical, on the basis that additional money spent on a striker limits our budget for a winger, midfielder and full backs e.g. spending less means better options elsewhere,
would you prefer:
- Giminez at £40m + Parrott
- Toney at £70m
- Gyokeres at £80m
- Osimhen at £120m
Gyokeres but never for 80 mil

Check out his season heatmap, he plays mainly on the right-hand side but also drifts centrally and spends a fair bit of his time on the left. Kid is pretty versatile, great technique, good with either peg.

But they spent 40ish mil on him and I hardly see them sell for any less, especially as he's a better, more experienced player these days.

Liked Gibbs-White as far back as Wolves debut. Honestly think he's an England star soon.

Back
Top Bottom