Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
As much as I’m advocating Sarr to play 8, I think he’s got everything to be an unbelievable 6.

Kidd can do anything imo but needs to be given direction and coached. If we don’t do that, why even bother signing young players?

Yep I think as a 6 he has huge potential. Let's hope Ange has a plan for him because he seems a top player in the making with a great attitude too

Not at all, we have a squad full of clowns for defense.
But for the other guy to say, word for wore that "conte makes players worse" is factually wrong.

We were worse before he came and worse after he left. While he was here we were a top 4 team, at one point stringing probably 20 games together like a team chasing the title.
I don't care if people didn't like the visuals of it, we were a better team with him than before or after he came.

If people don't like the style, that's fine, I get it and wasn't keen. But he knew where the weakness was in the squad and did what was needed to address it. It's a shame he never had some proper leader defenders. We may have seen something different from the rest.

I agree that he didnt make the player worse, but I also don't really feel that he made them better once he'd had a pre season to impart his playing style on the team proper.

Rather than play to our player's strengths, he highlighted their weaknesses.

Son being one example and asking him to constantly receive the ball with his back to goal.

Playing a 2 man midfield and allowing us to be overrun constantly, another.

How much better did Royal look when he was coming inside from wide right? How long did it take for us to see that?

The "lad", is a full grown man who can make his own decisions. It's getting a little insulting the way many are for some reason white knighting for him now...

Even if for some reason Davinson Sanchez was too meek to at any point raise any objections about moving to Russia himself, then he has very well paid agents and representatives who would do it on his behalf.

He and his agents would have been sounded out about the move before any negotiations took place with Spurs, so he has already signalled he is open to it, and if he does sign there then it's because he wants to go.

Stop infantilising the man FFS...
I’m not. He knows he’s not wanted, he has no other options on the table. He might feel he has to go there. His agents are chasing a payday.

‘White knighting’? Get a grip..

Stop thinking like an infant, ffs.

I agree that he didnt make the player worse, but I also don't really feel that he made them better once he'd had a pre season to impart his playing style on the team proper.

Rather than play to our player's strengths, he highlighted their weaknesses.

Son being one example and asking him to constantly receive the ball with his back to goal.

Playing a 2 man midfield and allowing us to be overrun constantly, another.

How much better did Royal look when he was coming inside from wide right? How long did it take for us to see that?

Suspect there was a lot going on. Like Son being injured, Conte sort of giving up on the job and not liking the players that arrived in the summer. There's more to the "decline" than Conte being a bad coach. The man clearly knows what he's doing to a high level.

I have no issue with fans not liking the style, but to suggest a coach such as Conte wasn't up to the job is dumb. He just decided he'd had enough, and even then we got more points on the board than coaches like Nono and Mason.

I’m not. He knows he’s not wanted, he has no other options on the table. He might feel he has to go there. His agents are chasing a payday.

‘White knighting’? Get a grip..

Stop thinking like an infant, ffs.
He can stay another year at Spurs if he wants, earning a decent wage, and then go wherever he wants next summer.

So you think he doesn't want to go there then but is being forced into it by the mean club and the money grabbing agents (that he has chosen to rep him)? Or was he forced into that relationship too?

He's a grown man choosing his next job. I like Sanchez, I think he's been harshly treated by Spurs fans on the whole over his time here, but this move is no cause for the bleeding hearts.

Some of the members on here must watch football, domestic and foreign for 24 hours a day and spend a fortune on subscriptions to do so. As soon as a player’s name is mentioned , a player who nobody had probably never heard of until 10 minutes ago, they become experts and talk about his lack of heading ability, his lack of goal threat and so on and so on. YouTube experts I imagine, sum a player up by watching a 3 minute clip of his highlights or look at a page of statistics about him .

He can stay another year at Spurs if he wants, earning a decent wage, and then go wherever he wants next summer.

So you think he doesn't want to go there then but is being forced into it by the mean club and the money grabbing agents (that he has chosen to rep him)? Or was he forced into that relationship too?

He's a grown man choosing his next job. I like Sanchez, I think he's been harshly treated by Spurs fans on the whole over his time here, but this move is no cause for the bleeding hearts.
Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

I never said 'forced'. I used the phrase 'send him to russia' as an expression. Take it how you want, but if it's a serious consideration for him, then all my points apply, as do yours. They are not all his own choices, there are factors outside his control, including our own behaviour towards him. Bottom line, if he goes there, it's going to be because he's not wanted here.

Back
Top Bottom