Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
gallagher would be such a mid signing like tosin
We need some of those, we have plenty of top players and plenty of relegation candidates like Sanchez, PEH, Dier and Lloris. Boot out the latter and replace with mid signings is no bad thing IMO. Maddison wasn’t a mid signing. Solomon arguably is but replaced Lucas who was awful

When the mid signings are young and have potential, it’s a sensible plan

We need some of those, we have plenty of top players and plenty of relegation candidates like Sanchez, PEH, Dier and Lloris. Boot out the latter and replace with mid signings is no bad thing IMO. Maddison wasn’t a mid signing. Solomon arguably is but replaced Lucas who was awful
Don't think Solomon is a mid signing, he's just someone you're not familiar with.

Don't think Solomon is a mid signing, he's just someone you're not familiar with.
He’s a free transfer on mid wages not saying he’s a mid level PL player, he has ability and might do really well. On board with these signings as long as there are 1 or 2 top level signings like Maddison

Yeah, I've got nothing against the lad (even if he did wind me up at times). If it weren't for the overseas slot he's taking up, I'd rather keep him than send him to Putin's Russia.
The "lad", is a full grown man who can make his own decisions. It's getting a little insulting the way many are for some reason white knighting for him now...

Even if for some reason Davinson Sanchez was too meek to at any point raise any objections about moving to Russia himself, then he has very well paid agents and representatives who would do it on his behalf.

He and his agents would have been sounded out about the move before any negotiations took place with Spurs, so he has already signalled he is open to it, and if he does sign there then it's because he wants to go.

Stop infantilising the man FFS...

I’m not sure he’s better than Gallagher yet but has a much much higher ceiling. As does Sarr btw. Sarr is more rounded than Veiga imo

I think that Ange will want his attacking mids to contribute with goals. Can Sarr so that? Veiga and Gallagher can and have proven they can but so far it doesn't look like Sarr has that goal threat in him.

I think that Ange will want his attacking mids to contribute with goals. Can Sarr so that? Veiga and Gallagher can and have proven they can but so far it doesn't look like Sarr has that goal threat in him.
Yeah people are saying he's like a Yaya Toure, but he really doesn't have the goal threat, that's why I think he's more like a Kante, very mobile, great at disrupting the opposition.

I get that Veiga and Gallagher have more proven goal threat.

Veiga just had a chance and a breakout season.

Give Sarr a chance I fully believe he will score and create.

Yeah people are saying he's like a Yaya Toure, but he really doesn't have the goal threat, that's why I think he's more like a Kante, very mobile, great at disrupting the opposition.
As much as I’m advocating Sarr to play 8, I think he’s got everything to be an unbelievable 6.

Kidd can do anything imo but needs to be given direction and coached. If we don’t do that, why even bother signing young players?

Back
Top Bottom