Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
We aren't "sending" him anywhere, if he goes it's because he's agreed to the move, if he doesn't want to go to Russia then he can just reject and then we either accept the next best offer or hold out and hope someone else matches this bid at some point.

He ain't being trafficked...
He ain't being trafficked, but at the same time we shouldn't be listening to any offers from Russia, period. It's not like he's begging us to move there and we're reneging. From the reporting it sounds like Spartak approached us and we're actually listening. Pretty unacceptable, if you ask me.

Prof on COYS re Kane:

"Despite playing on the tour, respecting Ange, appreciating our fans, working hard in training, etc, following a candid conversation with DL the expectation within the Kane camp is that he will not be a Spurs player by the time the window closes."

Trix​

Well-Known Member​

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Prof on COYS re Kane:

"Despite playing on the tour, respecting Ange, appreciating our fans, working hard in training, etc, following a candid conversation with DL the expectation within the Kane camp is that he will not be a Spurs player by the time the window closes."
it's all very confusing right now.

I've just had a conversation with an agent(close to the club) who 100% believes this is already agreed in principle between Spurs and Bayern, and it's about lining up ducks now before it happens.

On the other hand another guy I trust believes Bayern still aren't close, but we are already lining up possible replacements just in case, according to him we have been for a while just in case. He also said Ange is OK with it, as long as we get one of the three we've sounded out(names are all out there). He believes it's 50/50.

My personal opinion is I want him to stay and build around him, but at the same time if he definitely isn't going to sign a new deal as far as a full rebuild is concerned, he has to go now.

Willing to bet that The Athletics American owners told Ecclescakes to add the line about Davinsons reservations,

You think the American owners of The Athletic, itself valued at over 500m, and whose parent company the New York Times is valued at 6.6bn, are actively tracking the transfer of Davinson Sanchez?

Willing to bet that The Athletics American owners told Ecclescakes to add the line about Davinsons reservations,

wouldnt you have massive reservations about moving from London to Moscow though? the biggest pariah state currently.
Add being black in that amazingly racist country and i wouldnt even entertain it. I'd take being booed by my own supporters every game instead

Some of the members on here must watch football, domestic and foreign for 24 hours a day and spend a fortune on subscriptions to do so. As soon as a player’s name is mentioned , a player who nobody had probably never heard of until 10 minutes ago, they become experts and talk about his lack of heading ability, his lack of goal threat and so on and so on. YouTube experts I imagine, sum a player up by watching a 3 minute clip of his highlights or look at a page of statistics about him .

Geoff Ramsey Comedy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Trix​

Well-Known Member​

I've just had a conversation with an agent(close to the club) who 100% believes this is already agreed in principle between Spurs and Bayern, and it's about lining up ducks now before it happens.

On the other hand another guy I trust believes Bayern still aren't close, but we are already lining up possible replacements just in case, according to him we have been for a while just in case. He also said Ange is OK with it, as long as we get one of the three we've sounded out(names are all out there). He believes it's 50/50.

My personal opinion is I want him to stay and build around him, but at the same time if he definitely isn't going to sign a new deal as far as a full rebuild is concerned, he has to go now.
So Kane might stay or he might go, and if he goes we will sign a replacement

Earth shattering inside information as usual

Prof on COYS re Kane:

Trix​

Well-Known Member​

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Why do people keep saying we're sending Sanchez to Russia.

That is NOT how transfers work. It's not a fucking slave market. We can accept a bid but it's 100% up to the player if he chooses to take that move.

Last edited:
wouldnt you have massive reservations about moving from London to Moscow though? the biggest pariah state currently.
Add being black in that amazingly racist country and i wouldnt even entertain it. I'd take being booed by my own supporters every game instead
I wouldn’t go.

Wouldn’t blame Davinson if he didn’t want to go.

But the first guy that reported it was Colombian and is likely to have a better track to what Dav cares about.

In truth why would a Colombian give a shit about it? I’m sure he’d prefer a Spanish speaking country but after that, if he’s getting paid really really well at this stage of his career and the club is going to treat him line a king, I can understand why he’d have no problem with that.

Just out of curiosity, why should we be ashamed?
Negotiating with a team from a country that has instigated a war against a sovereign country resulting in the deaths of 10s of thousands is not my idea of taking the high moral ground. Unless Spartak's ownership and all their hierarchy have forcefully condemned the invasion and ensuing war, they might as well be in cahoots with the regime.

He’s 20 mate and has played for us for half a season
I’m looking at the fact he’s started only 2 games and only against Milan because we had nobody else. Against Newcastle he was the scapegoat sub which I felt for him. I see in the small time he’s been on the pitch for us a fit boy who can get about the pitch. I don’t see great ability or someone who’ll create chances or score goals. I know it’s early days for him yet but I don’t see where he’ll fit in regularly.
He hasn’t featured pre season yet and won’t start against the sailors so I suppose we’ll find out in the next two or three games how much he is going to feature depending on his game time.

Negotiating with a team from a country that has instigated a war against a sovereign country resulting in the deaths of 10s of thousands is not my idea of taking the high moral ground. Unless Spartak's ownership and all their hierarchy have forcefully condemned the invasion and ensuing war, they might as well be in cahoots with the regime.
War is complicated.

War is shit.

I hate war.

Playing football for Spartak Moscow isn’t a war crime or an act of war.

Back
Top Bottom