Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re Kounde, perhaps we were waiting for the chavs to blow their cash (transfer fees plus huge wages) on the likes of Koulibaly, Sterling and maybe Ake, before making our move for Kounde.

Same with Barca. I can't see how they can afford Raphina & Lewandowski, pay the sulking de Jong's deferred wages, and sign Kounde.

Kounde is a proper ball-playing CB. Critics will say he's too short for a PL CB (5'10) but Ben Davies is 5'11 and Kounde has a good leap on him.

Sevilla want Reguilon back, so perhaps there's a deal to be done. It probably depends on whether Kounde is prepared to join us, after allegedly turning us down last summer under Nuno.

I think Kounde is a better player than both Pau Torres and Lenglet.

See above. Really like him as a footballer, but he's definitely not a LCB. I mean, I guess he could play as one, if he's comfortable defensively, as he's technically great and super comfortable on the ball.

The other worry would be none of Romero, Lenglet, Davies, are great in the air, don't think Kounde is either.

This is the first summer transfer window I can remember when it’s July and I don’t think I’d be disappointed if we don’t sign anyone else. I think we have got depth and some really good players coming through (Gil, Sarr). Feels like we haven’t spent the £150m , and anything we add now is a bonus.

See above. Really like him as a footballer, but he's definitely not a LCB. I mean, I guess he could play as one, if he's comfortable defensively, as he's technically great and super comfortable on the ball.

The other worry would be none of Romero, Lenglet, Davies, are great in the air, don't think Kounde is either.
Kounde is primarily right-footed, so yes he'd need to adapt to play LCB.

But he's so good in possession that he probably could make the switch to the left. If not, look out Eric Dier, because Kounde could definitely play as the central CB looking for passes to break the lines & initiate attacks.

But he's so good in possession that he probably could make the switch to the left. If not, look out Eric Dier, because Kounde could definitely play as the central CB looking for passes to break the lines & initiate attacks.
yeah he's apparently already agreed terms with Barca so I do think this is a non runner.

I would be a little bit concerned about him defensively on the left too. Even in his best position RCB, he's not the very best defender, but he's such a good footballer it compensates somewhat.

Having a three of Romero/Kounde/Lenglet (or Davies) would leave us pretty weak aerially. If this was La Liga not such a problem, but the PL...?

I would be a little bit concerned about him defensively on the left too. Even in his best position RCB, he's not the very best defender, but he's such a good footballer it compensates somewhat.

Having a three of Romero/Kounde/Lenglet (or Davies) would leave us pretty weak aerially. If this was La Liga not such a problem, but the PL...?
The aerial point is a good one. But Burnley have been relegated.....

Seriously, yes we would have to prepare tactically for certain teams with a strong aerial threat, starting with trying to stop crosses coming in. For defensive corners, we can bring Kane & Richarlison back.

I see you've taken my Kounde as ball-playing CCB suggestion and replaced Dier in your back 3. This would definitely be an option for Conte. But I'm not sure Dier would stick around if he felt he wasn't first choice.

Anyway, I still think the bankrupt Barca will somehow find a way of signing Kounde, so Eric can sleep well out in S Korea....

Our starting 11 was pretty fucking good for half a season. The problem with it was we bare had 11. The rest of them were piss poor.

Perisic is miles better for LWB then either Sess or Reg. Bissouma is one of the best CM in Europe right now.
Richarlison can slot in up front anywhere so any of the others can be rotated. Which they will have to.
Forster is a more capable deputy for Lloris AND fills a HG slot that Golini didn't.
I can't comment on Lenglet as I feel he's gonna struggle and end up on the bench but we will see.

How is our team not stronger?
Bissouma one of the best midfielders in Europe?

Come on man ffs. I like Bissouma but that is some almost Gooner levels of delusion.

Bissouma one of the best midfielders in Europe?

Come on man ffs. I like Bissouma but that is some almost Gooner levels of delusion.
He has potential. Just has to show that he can do it for a bigger club than Brighton and against the likes of Real, Inter etc. in the CL.

Just looking at the PL, Rodri, Fabinho, Rice and Bissouma are the standout DMs. If he can be compared to these players, he can be compared to the best in Europe.

Could be foolish to wait for those guys. Bastoni might never leave Italy, and Gvardiol will go to a bigger club if he's as good as they price him right now.
Spot on there.
If Conte is happy then we can afford to play a long game with these “big names” who won’t commit now.
Clement is a great example of boxing clever.
If he’s good enough to take Ben’s spot then fair enough. If not, he’s back up.
No point in wasting full transfer windows chasing shadows who are waiting on “better” options.

Think Walker would consider coming back?
old-boomer.gif

Just when you think the twat couldnt get more twat…he really is a fucking twat…

Just watched Wednesdays episode of ESPNFC where this was brought up again.

Today's program had Del Piero in it who said he came over to the Spurs Lodge last season and met with Conte as they obviously had known each other for many years.

He said that as it was mid-season none of the players had done a pre-season with Conte and were unaware of what was to come, and Conte couldn't start his fitness regime half way through a season.

He said to the host that his training under Conte was brutal, and that back in the day Conte had changed from using a lot of weights to going fully into cardio and movement.

Key thing above all was the mental side of the training and team bonding, this he said was as important if not more so than the overall fitness,

Conte wanted the players to rely on each other and create that never say die attitude and team bonding.

We will no doubt find out come August.

Back
Top Bottom