Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think Sesame Street GIF

CB talk has gone very quiet..

do we still think we're looking at one of Bremer, Torres, Ndicka, Bastoni.

I get the wait for Bastoni/Gvardiol next summer but we need a top CB in regardless.

The scum getting linked with Paqueta too. Really unsure on him, maybe just wary of being burned again after Tanguy!
Could be foolish to wait for those guys. Bastoni might never leave Italy, and Gvardiol will go to a bigger club if he's as good as they price him right now.

This is a crucial year for Dane Scarlett. We can't afford a Nile John situation where a promising youngster gets what looks like a good loan (Charlton in John's case), and then regresses because he hardly kicks a first team ball for 6 months.

Both Mourinho & Conte have praised Scarlett's potential and future at the famous Spurs. So I hope this loan is not just leverage to get Spence, and we have assured ourselves that Boro have a proper plan for Scarlett's development.

And that we can recall him at Xmas if Boro don't play him.

Re Kounde, perhaps we were waiting for the chavs to blow their cash (transfer fees plus huge wages) on the likes of Koulibaly, Sterling and maybe Ake, before making our move for Kounde.

Same with Barca. I can't see how they can afford Raphina & Lewandowski, pay the sulking de Jong's deferred wages, and sign Kounde.

Kounde is a proper ball-playing CB. Critics will say he's too short for a PL CB (5'10) but Ben Davies is 5'11 and Kounde has a good leap on him.

Sevilla want Reguilon back, so perhaps there's a deal to be done. It probably depends on whether Kounde is prepared to join us, after allegedly turning us down last summer under Nuno.

I think Kounde is a better player than both Pau Torres and Lenglet.

And just like that

Non runner IMO think he's keen on the magical money club Barca

I really like him, he's a great footballing CB (he's like an attacking CB or box to box CB), though not the tallest, which would be a bit of a problem for us as we are already a bit weak aerially in our back line, and his best position would be where Romero plays.

Back
Top Bottom