Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perisic - good player, should be an upgrade on Reguilon/Sessegnon, let’s see how he fits in Premier League and if he can stay fit.

Bissouma - I like him, I think he’s going to be our best midfielder. Good transfer fee aswell.

Richarlison - not a fan, but he can cover all front three. Interested to see him play, hopefully he can provide goals or assists when he’s on the pitch.

Langlet - really not sure what to say about this one. Could be decent I guess, but I don’t think at the moment he’s an upgrade on Davies.

Bergwijn - not the best player in the team but I think Conte may have not played him to his strengths. I thought he showed signs of quality and possibly a string of games away to show what he can do.

Per overall,
Forster is not an upgrade on Gollini (didn’t expect to)
Perisic should be an upgrade at LWB, but let’s see.
Bissouma is definitely an upgrade.
Richarlison is a better option than Moura in attack, but I don’t know if he’s really a better player than Bergwijn.
Langlet not an upgrade in defence.

So imo we’ve improved CM and possibly LWB. Still need a RWB and a CB at least imo, maybe a creative midfielder too, to consider this an effective transfer window.

Perusix - good player

Bisoomha - good player

Richard - good player

Lenglay - good player

Burgwine - good player

There is some mitigation. I remember watching one pre-season match where Berba was strolling about playing through balls for new signing Gio dos Santos like they'd been teammates for ever.

Come deadline day, Levy flogged the genius Berba to manure (securing journeyman Fraizer Campbell as a loan replacement lol), and GDS was (allegedly) turning up late for training....

:levystare:
To be fair to Pinhead, he had no choice to sell him. He should have sold for a lower price earlier to give time to sort a replacement

Tottenham Hotspur are ready to ask for information on the price for Udinese centre-back Rodrigo Becao, according to a report from Italian outlet Messaggero Veneto.

Spurs have been one of the pace-setters in the transfer window. They have done some brilliant business and strengthened in a number of areas.

One of those is at centre-back, with Clement Lenglet arriving on loan from Barcelona. But it would appear that they are looking to add even more depth to the ranks.

Udinese are ready to sell the Brazilian. And there are a number of sides keen on signing Becao.

According to Messaggero Veneto, Torino and Everton are the two sides most interested in the 26-year-old. But Tottenham are also keen and are ready to ask what price the Serie A side want.

Udinese would reportedly sell Becao for around £16.9 million.

Tottenham ready to ask about Rodrigo Becao
Becao would be an interesting signing for Tottenham. Reports have linked Spurs with the likes of Josko Gvardiol and Alessandro Bastoni. So some will be underwhelmed with the idea of signing Becao.

In fairness, it does appear that Everton may be his most likely destination if he does prove to be Premier League-bound.

Tottenham do have plenty of depth at centre-back. The likes of Davinson Sanchez and Joe Rodon are excellent rotation options – should they stick around.

Becao would not cost a lot. And he should be at the peak of his powers given his age. He wins a lot of tackles and is keen to work hard for the team.

He is probably one of the options Fabio Paratici is keeping in mind as he pursues his top target. But maybe it is one name to keep an eye on in the coming weeks.
Not young at 26 (looks older) and zero Brazil caps.

I thought Sess did well. Instead of cutting inside (as he did last season) he kept pushing down the wing and put in a few decent crosses.

His problem is that he only beats his man one on one via a lucky ricochet - he is not skilful or pacey.

His passing/crossing is better than Emerson but that's about all that separates them.

Need Perisic to adapt quickly.

CB talk has gone very quiet..

do we still think we're looking at one of Bremer, Torres, Ndicka, Bastoni.

I get the wait for Bastoni/Gvardiol next summer but we need a top CB in regardless.

The scum getting linked with Paqueta too. Really unsure on him, maybe just wary of being burned again after Tanguy!

CB talk has gone very quiet..

do we still think we're looking at one of Bremer, Torres, Ndicka, Bastoni.

I get the wait for Bastoni/Gvardiol next summer but we need a top CB in regardless.

The scum getting linked with Paqueta too. Really unsure on him, maybe just wary of being burned again after Tanguy!
And just like that

Non runner IMO think he's keen on the magical money club Barca

Back
Top Bottom