Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte on rotation and use of squad depth :

Antonio hinted in his pre-match press conference that squad rotation is likely to start coming into play following the international break, when we play 13 matches in all competitions between 1 October and 12 November, with a number of players then scheduled to depart for the World Cup, which kicks-off in Qatar on 20 November.

“When we start again, to play so many games, we have to be ready, because I will need all of my players,” added Antonio. “If we want to continue in these four competitions, especially the Champions League... the games are always massive and, for this reason, I need to have all the players available, all my players have to be available for rotation and, in every moment, ready for when I call them to play and to play well for the team, for the Club, for the fans, for everyone.”

Antonio hinted in his pre-match press conference that squad rotation is likely to start coming into play following the international break, when we play 13 matches in all competitions between 1 October and 12 November, with a number of players then scheduled to depart for the World Cup, which kicks-off in Qatar on 20 November.

“When we start again, to play so many games, we have to be ready, because I will need all of my players,” added Antonio. “If we want to continue in these four competitions, especially the Champions League... the games are always massive and, for this reason, I need to have all the players available, all my players have to be available for rotation and, in every moment, ready for when I call them to play and to play well for the team, for the Club, for the fans, for everyone.”

Hope so. Its one thing to need to rotate players for fitness reasons, but its another to not be willing to make subs when players are hurt, tired, on yellows, or just plain underperforming.

Waiting GIF

Paul Pogba wanted to join Tottenham but Antonio Conte said no​

Tottenham could've signed £93m player for free but Conte said no - journalist

:levywtf:

Massimo Brambati has made a shock claim that Tottenham Hotspur turned down an opportunity to sign Paul Pogba for free last summer.

The French World Cup winner, who cost Manchester United £93 million (Guardian) in 2016, ran his contract down and decided to leave Old Trafford on a free transfer at the end of last season.

Pogba returned to Juventus, but if Brambati is to be believed, he actually wanted to join Spurs.

Massimo Brambati has made a shock claim that Tottenham Hotspur turned down an opportunity to sign Paul Pogba for free last summer.

The French World Cup winner, who cost Manchester United £93 million (Guardian) in 2016, ran his contract down and decided to leave Old Trafford on a free transfer at the end of last season.

Pogba returned to Juventus, but if Brambati is to be believed, he actually wanted to join Spurs.
Bullet dodged me thinks

:harryhmm:

Sometimes it's good to remember the things we get right.

Good player and all but just doesnt have enough quality to make up for the shit attitude.

Good player and all but just doesnt have enough quality to make up for the shit attitude.
Don't know anything about his "attitude", but he seems to be a role model for many young French players.

Paul Pogba is understood to have been only one of two players to respond back to a Manchester United staff member's friendly gesture during the recent round of internationals

Only Paul Pogba and one other Manchester United player responded to a staff member's nice gesture during the recent round of internationals, reflecting on the club's attitude.

While Pogba may have a difficult relationship with fans, his attitude shows there is another man many are unfamiliar with. When he was substituted off injured after nine minutes against Liverpool at Anfield last month, the reaction of fans was striking.

While last week, fans doubted he was actually injured, despite a scan proving he was injured with a calf strain, some accused him of strategically dropping out of the team so he couldn't be booed by fans. Ralf Rangnick said it is unlikely he'll play for United again this season, but the Frenchman, who is out of contract at the end of the current campaign is reportedly doing all he can to return for the remaining games.

Don't know anything about his "attitude", but he seems to be a role model for many young French players.

Paul Pogba is understood to have been only one of two players to respond back to a Manchester United staff member's friendly gesture during the recent round of internationals

Only Paul Pogba and one other Manchester United player responded to a staff member's nice gesture during the recent round of internationals, reflecting on the club's attitude.

While Pogba may have a difficult relationship with fans, his attitude shows there is another man many are unfamiliar with. When he was substituted off injured after nine minutes against Liverpool at Anfield last month, the reaction of fans was striking.

While last week, fans doubted he was actually injured, despite a scan proving he was injured with a calf strain, some accused him of strategically dropping out of the team so he couldn't be booed by fans. Ralf Rangnick said it is unlikely he'll play for United again this season, but the Frenchman, who is out of contract at the end of the current campaign is reportedly doing all he can to return for the remaining games.

Why did you post a random quote that makes no mention of "young French players" and in fact says very little at all?????

Back
Top Bottom