Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree and if you look back at the transfer thread I said that window wasn't great with many of the players much of a muchness.

Richarlison.... Done great.
Perisic..... Top quality player.
Lenglet..... Clearly brings additional quality on the ball to our central defensive ranks.
Forster.... You were expecting fireworks and excitement from a back-up keeper?

Bissouma (Excellent EPL-proven; yet missed a vital chunk of pre-season) & Spence still both have work to do.

What's your problem with those players?

The windows was similar to Jose's one when many were jerking off thinking it was fantastic and get the football and tactics are the same as now except at the moment we have got away with it.

Only for someone with an extremely limited comprehension of football.

Last edited:
Richarlison.... Done great.
Perisic..... Top quality player.
Lenglet..... Clearly brings additional quality on the ball to our central defensive ranks.
Forster.... You were expecting fireworks and excitement from a back-up keeper?

Bissouma (Excellent EPL-proven; yet missed a vital chunk of pre-season) & Spence still have work to do.

What's your problem with those players?

Only for someone with an extremely limited comprehension of football.
Look yes you are limited and your spelling is shit at times but I've never mentioned it up to now since you brought it up chuckles.
If you think the tactics and team is all good then bless you my son enjoy Jose ball and the inevitable ending that will come soon👍

Look yes you are limited and your spelling is shit at times but I've never mentioned it up to now since you brought it up chuckles.
If you think the tactics and team is all good then bless you my son enjoy Jose ball and the inevitable ending that will come soon👍

LOL..... Says the man that can barely compose a coherent sentence.

Fantastic 'football'-based response....... You really have underlined the extent of your intellect with this reply.

(P.S. Took me back off ignore already have you? 🤡 )

LOL..... Says the man that can barely compose a coherent sentence.

Fantastic 'football'-based response....... You really have underlined the extent of your intellect with this reply.

(P.S. Took me back off ignore already have you? 🤡 )
Again you have shown why you are at the top of everyone's ignore list by every response you make.
Soon as someone makes or says a different position to yours you jump on it with sarky, patronising comments like the angry little boy prick you are.
As I have said before you have been indulged for too long on here and you get so touchy when anyone dares to put you back where you belong.
I will keep you off ignore for a bit longer just to see you earn the company money peddling your bullshit angry company line as it's as funny as the joke that you are 💦💦💦

Last edited:
Judging by Conte 's team selections he doesn't appear to rate our summer transfer activity too highly .I really thought we would hit the ground running this year in terms of performance level that would show we would have a good season . I know when you look at the table things look good but I am in the camp of results catching up with performances and for me our improvement is small if any . Hopefully I am way off the mark and we up things in a big way .

Most managers say it can take a year for players to adopt to a new team after transfer.

Its also true that 50% of transfers (like acquisitions of companies in the business world) never live up to the expectations prior to purchase

So frankly its too soon to be certain about the impact of new players, but lets do a little preview :

Hit the ground running :
Perisic - based on a decent number of appearances
Richarlison - 2 goals and an assist in a few matches. The regular starting striker looks like an excellent alternative forward who Spurs have wanted for years.
Lenglet ? - One match looking very good in terms of passing forward, a couple of matches looking more of an average. So if the objective was to get a rotation option for Davies, its a good success. More game time required to see if he's ''top class''

Others :
Forster - a 2nd GK is not expected to play much. His reputation remains he played in half the PL matches for his previous club including MOTM against Woolwich and helping us clinch CL football this season
Spence - At 21, Conte has decided he needs more time to adopt to his season, preferring to use Royal in his place. A few fans would prefer Spence to have more game tim.e to show whether he can deliver last seasons form against Woolwich and Leicester in cups, but Conte picks the team not the fans.
Bissouma - Had covid mid pre-season and in his one start so far this season he looked off the pace, maybe still (long) covid affected ? Conte will bring him in when he's ready and hopefully bring his form of last season when pretty much everyone agreed he was best CM outside top 4 sides. Meanwhile Bentancur and Hojbjerg (with Skipp to come in) generally look good so little pressure to bring Bissoums in
Udogie - On loan as planned. Knocking in goals from LWB, looking excellent for next season

So given our side finished 4th last season, Conte's been selective in bringing in new players. No surprise surely.

I'd say his use of players totally predictable - although I'd like to see him use some players more (as is most fans prerogative).

Only in a computer game would you be expecting much more - but that's not real life.

Our squad is a lot stronger than 12 months ago - I'd prefer our manager's use of some players to change and his tactics to also change.

But our transfer window went well - much better for example than Chelsea or Liverpool whose squads are weaker than last season.

Again you have shown why you are at the top of everyone's ignore list by every response you make.
Soon as someone makes or says a different position to yours you jump on it with sarky, patronising comments like the angry little boy prick you are.
As I have said before you have been indulged for too long on here and you get so touchy when anyone dares to put you back where you belong.
I will keep you off ignore for a bit longer just to see you earn the company money peddling your bullshit angry company line as it's as funny as the joke that you are 💦💦💦

This is just spam.

I challenged your footballing opinion. You've failed to provide anything approaching a substantive counter-argument.

Most managers say it can take a year for players to adopt to a new team after transfer.

Its also true that 50% of transfers (like acquisitions of companies in the business world) never live up to the expectations prior to purchase

So frankly its too soon to be certain about the impact of new players, but lets do a little preview :

Hit the ground running :
Richarlison - 2 goals and an assist in a few matches. The regular starting striker looks like an excellent alternative forward who Spurs have wanted for years.
Lenglet ? - One match looking very good in terms of passing forward, a couple of matches looking more of an average. So if the objective was to get a rotation option for Davies, its a good success. More game time required to see if he's ''top class''

Others :
Forster - a 2nd GK is not expected to play much. His reputation remains he played in half the PL matches for his previous club including MOTM against Woolwich and helping us clinch CL football this season
Spence - At 21, Conte has decided he needs more time to adopt to his season, preferring to use Royal in his place. A few fans would prefer Spence to have more game tim.e to show whether he can deliver last seasons form against Woolwich and Leicester in cups, but Conte picks the team not the fans.
Bissouma - Had covid mid pre-season and in his one start so far this season he looked off the pace, maybe still (long) covid affected ? Conte will bring him in when he's ready and hopefully bring his form of last season when pretty much everyone agreed he was best CM outside top 4 sides. Meanwhile Bentancur and Hojbjerg (with Skipp to come in) generally look good so little pressure to bring Bissoums in
Udogie - On loan as planned. Knocking in goals from LWB, looking excellent for next season

So given our side finished 4th last season, Conte's been selective in bringing in new players. No surprise surely.

I'd say his use of players totally predictable - although I'd like to see him use some players more (as is most fans prerogative).

Only in a computer game would you be expecting much more - but that's not real life.

Our squad is a lot stronger than 12 months ago - I'd prefer our manager's use of some players to change and his tactics to also change.

But our transfer window went well - much better for example than Chelsea or Liverpool whose squads are weaker than last season.
Better than Chelsea a team that played us off the park 😂😂😂

This is just spam.

I challenged your footballing opinion. You've failed to provide anything approaching a substantive counter-argument.
Spam from the manufacturer of spam you are kidding.
Don't forget nobody can challenge your football opinion because you have told us all many times.
Right back to work for you Daniel doesn't pay you for chit chat your job is to quash distention in the ranks so please continue and I can read and laugh at your responses.👍👌

Eric Dier called up for England squad again, replacing £60m Ben White

Puts a marker/price on the level of player we would need to replace Dier which some TFC posters will do well to remember.
Not sure your logic is sound as Dier only cost a few million himself.
There's also Connor Coady and Marc Guehi in there who cost next to nothing.

The lesson isn't that we'd need to spend more than Arse spent on Ben White to get better than Dier. .....

It's that we should all be laughing our fucking tits off those silly twats pissed away £60m and his best contribution was an own goal that sent us in to the Champions league

Hit the ground running :

Others :

Would agree the squad is stronger than last year maybe I was expecting a bit much but I was hoping we could land a couple of serious upgrades to impact as quickly as possible . A couple of our rivals appear to have improved their first team so even getting top four will most likely be tougher than last year . We appear to having similar difficulties in matches like before I was really hoping we had moved up a bit from that . It's still early days so will have to wait and see and hope things work out for the best .

Spam from the manufacturer of spam you are kidding.
Don't forget nobody can challenge your football opinion because you have told us all many times.
Right back to work for you Daniel doesn't pay you for chit chat your job is to quash distention in the ranks so please continue and I can read and laugh at your responses.👍👌

Grow up, you fucking moron.

Back
Top Bottom