Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would agree the squad is stronger than last year maybe I was expecting a bit much but I was hoping we could land a couple of serious upgrades to impact as quickly as possible . A couple of our rivals appear to have improved their first team so even getting top four will most likely be tougher than last year . We appear to having similar difficulties in matches like before I was really hoping we had moved up a bit from that . It's still early days so will have to wait and see and hope things work out for the best .

I agree its all about expectation.

And that's why I said many footballers take up to a year to adjust and actually something like 50% never live up to pre-acquisition expectations. I have no expectation of most 'hitting the ground running' as it rarely happens in real life.

Its still early in the season but I do think Perisic and Richarlison have already shown they are serious upgrades, and Lenglet at least a good rotation option for Davies (something we didn't have last season) ........ and I'm hopeful for Bissouma although Conte is saying he's still adjusting to the team's tactics.

Spence still to show and it maybe after Christmas that he starts playing regularly - that's between Conte and player.

I think I'm more concerned by tactics than players atm - despite not losing any players who were significant for us in 2nd half of the season in the summer, we don't seem to have as free flowing football now which imo may be due to seeming to drop Kulusevski who was one of our most creative players in 2nd half of season. Plus of course Son and Kane seem to be struggling for form

Not sure your logic is sound as Dier only cost a few million himself.
There's also Connor Coady and Marc Guehi in there who cost next to nothing.

The lesson isn't that we'd need to spend more than Arse spent on Ben White to get better than Dier. .....

It's that we should all be laughing our fucking tits off those silly twats pissed away £60m and his best contribution was an own goal that sent us in to the Champions league

I really can't fault the logic

Although I don't see too many CB's available who would only cost a couple of million to get them to join us. But I can hope !

Carry on living in your own world where you are always right.

But expect to be commented in in the real world.

Have a good day.
Grow up mate anyone thinking we have done better than Chelsea is deluding themselves.
They played us off the park and we got lucky their squad is miles better than ours, unfortunately it upset you and you tried to put me down it failed.
Let's just leave it there otherwise the site gets spoiled.

''Don't forget Skippy. He is very reliable, he's a prospect but I can count on him. He's an important player. In the next few games he can have a better physical condition and I can count on him also.''' etc

Skipp can only be classed as reliable when he's spent more time fit than injured as a Spurs player.

Grow up mate anyone thinking we have done better than Chelsea is deluding themselves.
They played us off the park and we got lucky their squad is miles better than ours, unfortunately it upset you and you tried to put me down it failed.
Let's just leave it there otherwise the site gets spoiled.

I think you've made all those points before. Just nobody agreed with you first time round. So why repeat them I have no idea

Skipp can only be classed as reliable when he's spent more time fit than injured as a Spurs player.

Almost a truism.

Conte did comment that Skipp was probably was over played in his season on loan at Norwich, and indeed in his first half season back at Spurs where he rapidly overtook Ndombele, Lo Celso and Winks in the pecking order to play with Hojbjerg as our 2 CM's

So I'm hoping with 4 CM's (Bissouma, Bentancur, JHojbjerg and Skipp - so not counting White or Sarr who would make 6 CM's) that Conte will rotate so no player is over played, but is thoroughly rested between matches.

I had so much hope this would happen but starting to worry it won't now

Still early in the season - and pretty much where we've .been playing once a week so rotation isn't essential.

I think from now until mid November when season stops for WC that Conte has to rotate.

If he doesn't we could be in trouble with players trying to play every weekend, mid week, weekend - I think its accepted that players need a minimum of 4 full days rest between matches to be fully rested. And with the schedule we have I think that means using a minimum of say 18 players regularly and preferably say 22+ to avoid burn out and indeed injuries (tired players more prone to pick up injuries).

So we shall see over next 2 months to mid November.

It sounds like he's guilty of training too hard. Has less to prove imo and needs to look after his fitness. All he needs is more games at full health. I am worried about his long term fitness already and do pray he is able to get back to full health. Stupid Dier horror tackle in practice :/ What a shitshow for Skipp...

Disagree by all means.

But I hope Conte knows more than you or we are in trouble !

He knows more than you or I mate don't leave yourself out.
But he needs to sort the tactical mess and underperforming players out or he will be down the road like his predecessors and you don't need to be a football expert like yourself to know that.

He knows more than you or I mate don't leave yourself out.
But he needs to sort the tactical mess and underperforming players out or he will be down the road like his predecessors and you don't need to be a football expert like yourself to know that.

The quote from Conte you have conveniently side stepped absolutely trashes your comments on the transfer window.

No surprise is it.

The quote from Conte you have conveniently side stepped absolutely trashes your comments on the transfer window.

No surprise is it.

He also said today re Bissouma: "Good player.... I'm very happy with this transfer."

So basically, the only one he has apparent reservations about is Spence; who still might step up and convince the gaffa over the course of the season.

Last edited:

No surprise is it.
Ah sidestepping comments you mean when I twice mentioned Chelsea to you, but on both occasions chose to ignore it and tried to intimidate with shit about comprehension.
You tried unsuccessfully a number of times today mate to put me away and failed each and every time.
I think you need to leave it now because quoting myself about comments when you failed yourself is also not surprising joker.

Back
Top Bottom