Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly certain Di Maria was sold for less than he was bought and obviously Lukaka wasn't sold at his peak either.

Those transfers are more often the exception to the rule for those clubs. For every Coutinho sold at the right time, there is a Phil Jones staying far past his best by date.
Fair points. But....

Selling Eriksen for 17 million when we could have gotten 70+ million for him was a colossal failure

Holding onto Dele when we could have gotten 70+ million for him a couple seasons ago is also proving to be a disaster

Regarding Kane - had we put him on the market after he made it known that he wanted to leave and held an open bid for him, we likely could have gotten 125+ million for him. Who knows what Kane a 29 year old striker with injury histories will be worth next year?

I guess hindsight is 20/20 but you've got to acknowledge that big mistakes were made and its costing us today.

GK:
Hugo Lloris
Joe Hart*
Pierluigi Gollini
Alfie Whiteman*

CB:
Joe Rodon
Toby Alderweireld
Cristian Romero
Davinson Sánchez
Eric Dier
Juan Foyth
Cameron Carter-Vickers*

LB:
Sergio Reguilón
Ryan Sessegnon*
Ben Davies
Danny Rose*

RB:
Japhet Tanganga*
Matt Doherty
Serge Aurier

DM:
Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg
Oliver Skipp*
Harry Winks*

CM:
Tanguy Ndombélé
Moussa Sissoko
Giovani Lo Celso
Dele Alli*
Pape Matar Sarr

LW:
Heung-min Son
Bryan Gil
Steven Bergwijn

RW:
Lucas Moura
Erik Lamela
Jack Clarke*

CW:
Harry Kane*
Dane Scarlett*

96 hours to go...

From what Ali Gold said, it's pretty unlikely there'll be any more transfer incomings apart from perhaps a cheap back up striker to challenge Scarlett.

I think this will roughly be our first XI in PL and ECL once players have settled in:

PL XI:

35aLOpn.png

ECL XI:

L3bSkCy.png

Are people happy with this, or do you feel Levy didn't do enough?
nope GIF

GK:
Hugo Lloris
Joe Hart*
Pierluigi Gollini
Alfie Whiteman*

CB:
Joe Rodon
Toby Alderweireld
Cristian Romero
Davinson Sánchez
Eric Dier
Juan Foyth
Cameron Carter-Vickers*

LB:
Sergio Reguilón
Ryan Sessegnon*
Ben Davies
Danny Rose*

RB:
Japhet Tanganga*
Matt Doherty
Serge Aurier

DM:
Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg
Oliver Skipp*
Harry Winks*

CM:
Tanguy Ndombélé
Moussa Sissoko
Giovani Lo Celso
Dele Alli*
Pape Matar Sarr

LW:
Heung-min Son
Bryan Gil
Steven Bergwijn

RW:
Lucas Moura
Erik Lamela
Jack Clarke*

CW:
Harry Kane*
Dane Scarlett*

96 hours to go...

Feels like we’ve tweaked the squad, it’s definitely an improvement but still need two first teamers to have a chance of top 4

From what Ali Gold said, it's pretty unlikely there'll be any more transfer incomings apart from perhaps a cheap back up striker to challenge Scarlett.

I think this will roughly be our first XI in PL and ECL once players have settled in:

PL XI:

35aLOpn.png

ECL XI:

L3bSkCy.png

Are people happy with this, or do you feel Levy didn't do enough?
At least you didn't draw some 5-man defensive unit monstrosity.

Fair points. But....

Selling Eriksen for 17 million when we could have gotten 70+ million for him was a colossal failure

Holding onto Dele when we could have gotten 70+ million for him a couple seasons ago is also proving to be a disaster

Regarding Kane - had we put him on the market after he made it known that he wanted to leave and held an open bid for him, we likely could have gotten 125+ million for him. Who knows what Kane a 29 year old striker with injury histories will be worth next year?

I guess hindsight is 20/20 but you've got to acknowledge that big mistakes were made and its costing us today.
Haha well it's certainly clear mistakes of all kinds have been made since 2018.

Quite similar. Moriba is a bit more physical than Gravenberch, but Gravenberch is a bit more technical. If you'd tell me to pick a player that resembles closest to Dembele, I'd pick Gravenberch.
I think you have those two mixed up. Gravenberch is big, 1.9 m and bigger over the shoulders than Moriba.

We haven't signed a CF on a permanent deal since August of 2017 with Llorente.

If a CF isn't brought in on a permanent deal this window then the window can't be viewed as a success. Kane is injury prone, Son isn't a CF and Scarlett is too young.

His point is we shouldn’t be terrified of selling a player at his peak if the team can fill the void and we can use the money to address weaknesses in the team.

Obviously selling Kane at any point would have been a bad move, but dele and dier are two examples of players that we could have sold at peak and probably found a better replacement with.
Hindsight's a hell of a thing though isn't it. Can you imagine the melting that would have gone on here (including probably from you) had we sold Dele and Dier at their peak, especially to rival PL teams who would have been the most likely destination... 'Small time Charlie club', 'fucking ENIC, all they care about is money' etc etc etc.

Hindsight's a hell of a thing though isn't it. Can you imagine the melting that would have gone on here (including probably from you) had we sold Dele and Dier at their peak, especially to rival PL teams who would have been the most likely destination... 'Small time Charlie club', 'fucking ENIC, all they care about is money' etc etc etc.
Which is why melts should not run the club. There were many ppl that suggested dele or dier should be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom