Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only "big" club that I can think of that has a relative consistent model of selling off its best players at their peak value would be Dortmund. Which other clubs that aspire to win their domestic leagues and compete for trophies are ripping out key members of their starting 11 to sell them at peak value with any regularity?
Just sticking to the top 4 contenders in the PL -

Hazard - Chelsea to RM
Coutinho - LP to Barc
Lukaku - Utd to Inter
Sterling - LP to City
Suarez - LP to Barc
Di Maria - Utd to PSG

etc etc.

We've obviously sold some of our best players in the late 00s and early 10s and we've been able to get stronger and stronger. Recently, ENIC has been very reluctant to sell, even when players have made it known that they're unhappy and want to move on. This is a mistake.

Fair point. Hopefully this is a sign that Paratici has a long-term strategy. Happy to see us buying players with a lot of potential rather than waiting until they are out of our reach.

Would love to see him get game time but I doubt he will get much.
He will. You're underrating how good Moriba is.

So Sissoko out frees up the spot for Moriba, Aurier out would free up the spot for Tomiyasu, and Ndombele out would free up the spot for McKennie/someone else?

If we are bringing in Moriba, and just added Sarr, with PEH and Skipp here surely we can't be bringing in McKennie as well? That is way to many similar players for what should at most 2 spots, and arguably only 1.

If we do bring in Moriba I would hope he stays and is not a loan. He seems like perfect fit to rotate in or back up PEH and Skipp and would fit nicely as a key player in our ECL midfield.

The loan with Sarr made sense because of his role with Metz and us being sure he would get key minutes. I think with Moriba having already played with the Barca team and not having that perfect fit for a loan spot it would be dumb to send him out.

If we are bringing in Moriba, and just added Sarr, with PEH and Skipp here surely we can't be bringing in McKennie as well? That is way to many similar players for what should at most 2 spots, and arguably only 1.

If we do bring in Moriba I would hope he stays and is not a loan. He seems like perfect fit to rotate in or back up PEH and Skipp and would fit nicely as a key player in our ECL midfield.

The loan with Sarr made sense because of his role with Metz and us being sure he would get key minutes. I think with Moriba having already played with the Barca team and not having that perfect fit for a loan spot it would be dumb to send him out.
Yeah, that all makes sense.

Another striker would probably be a sensible investment as well. Our progression in the ECL probably accelerated that search I’d imagine.

Yeah, that all makes sense.

Another striker would probably be a sensible investment as well. Our progression in the ECL probably accelerated that search I’d imagine.

I would hope that a creative MF would be what we are looking for more than McKennie in that situation, as I think we still need that desperately.

But obviously a striker as well.

Free next summer (obviously pending new contract)

André Onana

Serge Aurier - Niklas Süle - Matthias Ginter - Marcel Halstenberg

Franck Kessié --- Denis Zakaria

Paul Pogba

Ousmane Dembélé - Kylian Mbappé - Lorenzo Insigne​

Not a bad team lol

Here's a few more...

Eduardo Camavinga, Pedri, Marcel Sabitzer, Paulo Dybala, Andrea Belotti, Ansu Fati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom