Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were fairly heavily linked a couple of seasons ago when still at Genk/Ghent. Was one of those players that those in the know said we would be daft to miss out on. Didn't really keep track of how he did last season.
Was definitely one of their most talented players when he did play, got a lot of plaudits. Unfortunately he had a lot of injury problems so didn't play as much as he should have done. Wouldn't mind him at Spurs at all as he seems quite versatile but not sure if he is exactly the type of midfielder that would make a big impact. Better than Sissoko and Winks comfortably, mind you.

Did he improve last season? They said he was poor prior.
He's a decent PL midfielder with outstanding set pieces.

re his general play Winks would be a lazy comparison, Winks probably has better tempo to his passing, makes himself available for receiving more often. JWP is no more progressive with his passing, but is busier around the field with tackles, covering and is not a defensive liability in the same way. Doesn't offer enough in open play for me, but his set pieces are as good as anybody in Europe not named Messi. I'd stay clear even though I like the lad, he'd cost 35m.

Quality CB, Quality RB, CMCB/ Swap for NDomdele (Skriniar + £10M or some such, if Romero and he would blend???). Or Aouar (sp? with Lyon, send him home if he wants).

Need some agility on our CM.

Attackers linked I'm down with. Noni please, HG possibly.

Adios Harry

Well the gist has gone over your head then I guess....

Let me recap:

Given the choice of 1 or the other, I'd rather sign Vlahovic as he would be more compatible to our needs for a 2nd striker (I fear Martinez won't be so suited ot playing on his own when required and I don't think us playing 2 strikers is a given.... Just an ITK comment fans have run away with)......

If we're spending to REPLACE Kane then our needs change and we have more money to play with and buying BOTH seems viable.

Any clearer?

Your jibes about Jansen are completely off-target.
"Your jibes about Jansen are completely off-target"

Not unlike the vast majority of his attempts on goal.

Last edited:
Leaving aside his phenomenal set-piece taking ability, he is remarkably similar to PEH, IMO. Of course, that will be enough to get the hordes jizzing their pants. Jizz away, I say. No more keeping the tide out with my pitchfork. No, siree.
I think he's a class above peh.

Spot on BC. Another year another "Dybala" head fake. This guy would get killed as the lone man in the PL (a la Werner) and getting the best out of him would necessitate playing with a big guy or casting Sonny aside. Very underwhelming stuff from our new man with a plan Paratici. But it does follow our typical opportunistic recruitment pattern, big name + financially struggling club + easily impressed supporters = great transfer.

What say you on this Vlahovic guy? I didn't watch a single Fiorentina game last season as my football life was sucked outta me.

Also, Bayern are in for some 21yo French winger. Do you know anything about this? He's not even in Ligue 1 (or the Messi-ligue if you like) so it was surprising.... I'll try and find the story to see which shit, true-farmer's ligue team he plays for but the deal was for 10-15M so he must have some talent.
The thing about Vlahovic is before last season, he was going to be sold by Fiorentina. They are the team I follow in Italy and he started the season poorly missing an open goal vs Inter and being at fault for their comeback (they won 4-3 in the last minute). Was a great game actually!

He was awful under Montella and he constantly changed between Vlahovic, Cutrone (yep, the ex-Wolves guy) and Koaume. So he defo was not 'great' at that stage (last season still!)

Then Montella got sacked and Iachini came in. Fiorentina started playing some awful, sit-back and long-ball counter football (akin to Mourinho) but he started playing better. He basically scored the important goals and held the ball up well and etc. He defo sacrificed himself for the team.

Then the last Manager Prandelli came in (Fiorentina had 3 managers last season) and he was unreal. Under Prandelli, there was a tactical change and they tried to attack more.

When people say he had 1 amazing season, I feel that is kind of untrue. I feel like he was amazing come season end but was not so impressive since the first game of last season.

On the flipside, he played really well or excellently under 2 managers with completely different tactical approaches and philosophy and he delivered, showing that he is probably not a one-trick pony as a striker.

I think he has what it takes from a physical, technical and from all reports, psychological point of view (is hungry) but i'd be very careful. He was hot stuff for less than a season, really.

I'd have gone for someone more established (Lukaku) where you definitely know what you are getting but what are the chances that a player of that calibre comes to us? 🤷‍♂️

I guess we'll have to take a pun on potential. Vlahovic could be that guy, but wouldn't bank on a guy that was amazing for 6 months either...

The thing about Vlahovic is before last season, he was going to be sold by Fiorentina. They are the team I follow in Italy and he started the season poorly missing an open goal vs Inter and being at fault for their comeback (they won 4-3 in the last minute). Was a great game actually!

He was awful under Montella and he constantly changed between Vlahovic, Cutrone (yep, the ex-Wolves guy) and Koaume. So he defo was not 'great' at that stage (last season still!)

Then Montella got sacked and Iachini came in. Fiorentina started playing some awful, sit-back and long-ball counter football (akin to Mourinho) but he started playing better. He basically scored the important goals and held the ball up well and etc. He defo sacrificed himself for the team.

Then the last Manager Prandelli came in (Fiorentina had 3 managers last season) and he was unreal. Under Prandelli, there was a tactical change and they tried to attack more.

When people say he had 1 amazing season, I feel that is kind of untrue. I feel like he was amazing come season end but was not so impressive since the first game of last season.

On the flipside, he played really well or excellently under 2 managers with completely different tactical approaches and philosophy and he delivered, showing that he is probably not a one-trick pony as a striker.

I think he has what it takes from a physical, technical and from all reports, psychological point of view (is hungry) but i'd be very careful. He was hot stuff for less than a season, really.

I'd have gone for someone more established (Lukaku) where you definitely know what you are getting but what are the chances that a player of that calibre comes to us? 🤷‍♂️

I guess we'll have to take a pun on potential. Vlahovic could be that guy, but wouldn't bank on a guy that was amazing for 6 months either...
Great, informative, in-depth post. I feel like I know this player now. You will stand out (in a good way) round these parts.

Kane can fuck off. If he wants to join that disgusting club he's playing his part in the death of football. I have zero respect for anyone playing for that vile team and their murderous owners.

Enjoy the blood money you fucking drooling inbred.
Harry Kane a drooling inbred…Christ🤦🏻

PS:
We were the first club to have a shirt sponsor.
We were the first club to have two shirt sponsors.
We were the first club to float on the stock market.
We were the one of the 5 clubs who formed the Premier League.
We were one of the teams who signed up to the ESL.

We are one of the most guilty clubs on the planet of helping to change football into becoming the “money” orientated business model we know today, ironically we got strangled by the beast we helped create….

Harsh I know, and I’m sure you will disagree, but facts are facts, Tottenham Hotspur would sell its soul for profit, always have and always will….

We were fairly heavily linked a couple of seasons ago when still at Genk/Ghent. Was one of those players that those in the know said we would be daft to miss out on. Didn't really keep track of how he did last season.
Most overated player in history. Got a lot of praise and plaudits, but have never looked good to me. When Sheff Utd bought him they had done really well in their first year in the prem, then they just stopped winning. Last season he was out injured most of the year.

His basics are good, he is big and strong, but just slow and a whole lot of meh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom