Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want to get into the UCL
He isn't the player to bridge the gap

Also Winks/Sissoko are squad players so personally I wouldn't be spending a lot of money on upgrading them when they won't start anyway.
He's almost assuredly not worth the price Soton will demand.

Most of our midfield links are DMs anyway, so this is a bit of an outlier. If we wanted someone like KWP then we should have gone after Sabitzer.

We needed a starting CB. He is going to Lester because their future all-world CB just broke his leg and their old head CB is also injured. Vestergaard will be 4th choice at best there, an emergency signing, and was cheap. They will recruit on top of him in the near future.

I'd like to see how our club fill a hole like this, this quickly.
What can you tell me about Chris Richards?

Not sure leicester deserve the credit they get with their scouting. They seem to buy players we have tentative interest in.
Are you implying they need to get their own scouts? If this is true then our club needs to be hammered for not following up on 'tentative interest'.

Saying Chelsea are making good signings and I'm sick of it is not getting behind Chelsea.

As yet the Chelsea deal you were moaning about STILL hasn't been done.

We have our new CB in the bag..... They STILL don't.

Your complaint was the direct opposite of the actual outcome..... Your moan was unfounded and now you look silly.

You were jumping on the "Only Spurs.... Everyone else get their deals done quickly" train...... Another of your arguments was that Ben White was "as good as done" when it in fact wasn't and took longer than the Romero deal did when it was eventually completed.

Not a good look either.

No amount of tired Levy jibes will change this.....

Not sure leicester deserve the credit they get with their scouting. They seem to buy players we have tentative interest in.

They deserve a lot of credit for other transfers. Their scouting team is 2nd to none, but Vestergaard is an emergency signing with Fofana going down.

Nothing to really read into or praise on this one

Last edited:
Leaving aside his phenomenal set-piece taking ability, he is remarkably similar to PEH, IMO. Of course, that will be enough to get the hordes jizzing their pants. Jizz away, I say. No more keeping the tide out with my pitchfork. No, siree.
Agree. Not as physical but bitty in his combativeness. Low actual MF quality though with no ability with the ball and a man on.

Yeah, you can't go against the tides. Once the horde thinks they know something they will keep pushing it. Problem is when it turns out they were wrong they don't take that new info on. It's Trumpian in its ability to only take on positive info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom