Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is that not just speculation on your part? A few minutes ago, you said you don't know how much money was in our transfer kitty. Now, after some careful reflection, you feel we had at least £25m, perhaps as much as £50m?
Of course it’s speculation.....that’s why I said I try to draw logical conclusions from what’s been said.

Where have I said I have inside knowledge?

The kitty could be 10M....it could be 150M.
I don’t know and have never claimed to know.

Whether it’s 25 or 50 is still the same. I don’t know. I draw conclusions from the facts available. There were funds.....I highly doubt the funds available were reflective of prices of players in 2002.

Maybe, but honestly, it is mental.

Right now you would probably say 5 clubs can win sonething. Maybe 6 if generous.

You know 7 or 8 into 3 don't work,

Definately.

I'd go as far as to concede it's demoralising, but demonizing the club & their ops helps over it helps no-one.

Well if you don't know how much money we had to spend, why do you keep saying we had enough money to buy players?

....Because numerous people close to the club including that gaffer have said we did?

It's as concrete as we're likely to get.

Trf rumours of bids for Grielish, De Jong & De Ligt (the latter himself saying as much) further support the theory.

So levy says to poch I can buy this player you want , but poch says no thanks too expensive. Fuck me.

It's not as outlandish as it sounds... Wenger is portrayed to have done it constantly.

If you have an eye on the bigger picture, you won't see each potential siging in isolation.... Of course you'll consider your overall budget and subsequent windows.

For years I've been an advocate of keep your powder dry if it means getting the right man eventually.... See Stambouli, Fazio & yes a certain Mr Sissoko.

This isn’t FM where the manager worries about players being expensive or not LMFAO
Do you think Poch checks the accounts of the club before asking for a player? It’s up to levy to say it’s too expensive or not
He has a masters degree in sports business administration.

If there's any manager I'd expect to realize that he is operating on a budget it is Pochettino.

Yep.....exactly what I said when I said we tried to sign to sign Grealish and Ndombele but decided not to meet the asking prices or pursue the transfer.

He deemed the squad good enough. The funds were there.....the deals could not be completed, because (a) Grealish was taken off the market by the new owners and prior to that Poch had not sanctioned the transfer for the asking price.

Dembele cost Lyon 20M......clearly Poch thought he´d stick with Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko, Dembele and Winks in midfield than spend 20M on another unknown French midfielder.

None of the quotes you post refute anything Ive said.

The funds were there, and the manager didnt spend the money. Thats a simple fact.
Thanks for the ITK, Sammy! I've put a few quid into the TFC coffers. Keep up the good work!

It's not as outlandish as it sounds... Wenger is portrayed to have done it constantly.

If you have an eye on the bigger picture, you won't see each potential siging in isolation.... Of course you'll consider your overall budget and subsequent windows.

For tears I've been an advocate of keep your powder dry if it means getting the right man eventually.... See Stambouli, Fazio & yes a certain Mr Sissoko.
What next, poch tells levy what wages each player should get as well to keep an eye on the bigger picture?

What theory do those rumours support? Sammy said Poch didn't want to sign anyone. Why would he be trying to sign players if he, in fact, did not want to sign any players?

I answered your question; it's not for me to account for Sammy's answers.

This isn’t FM where the manager worries about players being expensive or not LMFAO
Do you think Poch checks the accounts of the club before asking for a player? It’s up to levy to say it’s too expensive or not
The Spurs boss was asked whether his chairman's heavily-involved work on the new stadium had played its part in holding up those new contracts being thrashed out.

"All those questions are for Daniel. I wish one day, I would love to have Daniel next to me, answering," he responded. "It's a big, big problem for me to answer all those questions.

"It's so difficult for me because he is in charge of all the financial side and terms and everything. You are allowed to criticise me when we don't win games but in terms of the financial side, it's not my area.

"I don't know because only he knows. Only Daniel knows the reality of the accounts in the bank. I can have some idea like you or like our fans but it's difficult to have a conversation about, 'Oh, Daniel, you have money, you don't have money'."

Still my point is valid mate. Poch choose the targets but doesn’t negotiate them.
Levy requests feedback on negotiations from Poch since we don't have a sporting director. If Poch picks the targets he is without a doubt aware that going overboard to sign one player will impact his ability to sign another player that might be more important.

Whilst Levy negotiates the deals there is no way that it happens without Poch being in the loop.

The Spurs boss was asked whether his chairman's heavily-involved work on the new stadium had played its part in holding up those new contracts being thrashed out.

"All those questions are for Daniel. I wish one day, I would love to have Daniel next to me, answering," he responded. "It's a big, big problem for me to answer all those questions.

"It's so difficult for me because he is in charge of all the financial side and terms and everything. You are allowed to criticise me when we don't win games but in terms of the financial side, it's not my area.

"I don't know because only he knows. Only Daniel knows the reality of the accounts in the bank. I can have some idea like you or like our fans but it's difficult to have a conversation about, 'Oh, Daniel, you have money, you don't have money'."
Airfixx Airfixx why did you disagreed me?

Back
Top Bottom