Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Spurs boss was asked whether his chairman's heavily-involved work on the new stadium had played its part in holding up those new contracts being thrashed out.

"All those questions are for Daniel. I wish one day, I would love to have Daniel next to me, answering," he responded. "It's a big, big problem for me to answer all those questions.

"It's so difficult for me because he is in charge of all the financial side and terms and everything. You are allowed to criticise me when we don't win games but in terms of the financial side, it's not my area.

"I don't know because only he knows. Only Daniel knows the reality of the accounts in the bank. I can have some idea like you or like our fans but it's difficult to have a conversation about, 'Oh, Daniel, you have money, you don't have money'."
Imagine thinking that Poch just checks how much money is on some bank account to find out how much he can spend. These deals are insanely complex, Sammy probably thinks it's like shopping at Tesco

Airfixx Airfixx why did you disagreed me?

Cos I think you are being obtuse and patronising in the face of some reasonable assertions.

I've never played FM in my life... However, I have worked in big companies where multiple departments have an influence over how big budgets are set, spent and allocated.

Edit: Ooooh look. You still are:

“Levy had everything set to messi to sign but Poch said “ehhh too expensive nkodou will do” “

Last edited:
You are welcome to answer my questions to sammy for him. But I like consistency. Why answer one question for him but not another?

Cos I'm representing my OWN point of view, not HIS....

(Essentially you asked me to explain HIS point of view.)

Imagine thinking that Poch just checks how much money is on some bank account to find out how much he can spend. These deals are insanely complex, Sammy probably thinks it's like shopping at Tesco
It's not just money, it's man management and a ton of other variables.

Signing Ndombele might mean giving Winks less playing time to use a simple example.

Cos I think you are being obtuse and patronising in the face of some reasonable assertions.

I've never played FM in my life... However, I have worked in big companies where multiple departments have an influence over how big budgets are set, spent and allocated.

Edit: Ooooh look. You still are:
It’s your opinion. Fair enough. But i have no patience for levy arguments until the end of the Saturday game

The Spurs boss was asked whether his chairman's heavily-involved work on the new stadium had played its part in holding up those new contracts being thrashed out.

"All those questions are for Daniel. I wish one day, I would love to have Daniel next to me, answering," he responded. "It's a big, big problem for me to answer all those questions.

"It's so difficult for me because he is in charge of all the financial side and terms and everything. You are allowed to criticise me when we don't win games but in terms of the financial side, it's not my area.

"I don't know because only he knows. Only Daniel knows the reality of the accounts in the bank. I can have some idea like you or like our fans but it's difficult to have a conversation about, 'Oh, Daniel, you have money, you don't have money'."
The reason Toby doesnt have a contract yet is because Levy wants to offer him 200k a week but Poch has blocked this contract as there are payments on the stadium loan that Poch has to think about, so he'd rather have the 25m or so we may get this summer from him. Or maybe Poch isnt involved in the finances.

It’s your opinion. Fair enough. But i have no patience for levy arguments until the end of the Saturday game

[Spits out proverbial coffee.....]

Are you having a fucking laugh......????

You retort like a child, yet you're not even looking for a debate?

Grow up mate.

Did you say the deals were insanely complex last summer?
Or did you call Levy a tight cunt and the season was a write off?

I just think it’s silly to use the disagree button when people are just discussing in normal terms. I only used it when somebody is being a fucking cunt but whatever

See previous posts. You don't want this discussion. You said so yourself....

That much was obvious to me hense the 'x'.

In other words... I guess you could say I think you're acting the "cunt".

(A mere alt. opinion isn't anough to garner an 'x' from myself.)

Last edited:
Where do you get this information from, Sammy? Are you a top tier ITK? Does Poch do the negotiating for our transfers?

Not gospel, but reliable enough outlets.....its where everyone gets their information from is it not.
Or do yiu have ITK that these articles are fake?

Where did Poch say he had enough money to buy the players he wanted?

I didn't make that assertion.

I'd suggested if he thought that it was a wise use of the funds allocated to him he may have bought (eg) Grielish afterall.

So full of questions, Five... Yet, so little offered in return.

Why is that?

Back
Top Bottom