Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nghhgghghhggh... MUST. BLAME. LEVY.
I'm not saying we MUST blame Levy, I'm saying it's more plausible to say the person who is a financial expert and in charge of the clubs money has a much bigger say in what amount is spent on a player than Pochettino, who's a football coach.

To constantly be suggesting Poch is always blocking Levy from signing players because he himself thinks they're too expensive is just hilarious narrative spinning, agenda suiting bollocks, and you know it.

So Tielemans agent just wants his client to leave Monaco and is probably contacting a lot of clubs to see if they're interested.

Do think he'd be a good signing though. No where near as good as Ndombele but a step up from Andre Gomes definitely.

I am sure the second part of Ricky Sacks' tweet is typically false though to get gullible Spurs fans hope up. I knew there was a reason I blocked that cunt.
THIS. Why does the guy always insist on adding that shite to all his tweets? Just report the facts and he wouldn't get near as much hate...

I'm not saying we MUST blame Levy, I'm saying it's more plausible to say the person who is a financial expert and in charge of the clubs money has a much bigger say in what amount is spent on a player than Pochettino, who's a football coach.

To constantly be suggesting Poch is always blocking Levy from signing players because he himself thinks they're too expensive is just hilarious narrative spinning, agenda suiting bollocks, and you know it.

They're on the same page, with Poch seemingly having final say....

Why do it to yourself?

[My guess.... And I concede that's all it is... Unlike many I don't pretend to KNOW.... Is that Levy sets a budget.... Within reason, I doubt Levy gives a shit how Poch spends it.... Similar if Poch decides he can't get VFM within his budget I doubt Levy is gonna force him to spend rather than carry funds in to the next window.]

Grain of salt and all, but Kristof Terreur as a source is pretty reliable tbh
I've always rated him very highly, but I am 100% biased too.

It might seem insignificant, but I still remember him doing this at 17 years old. He has such great understanding of the game and his surroundings, he's special.

Ya about that...

His agent will be hustling I guess.
If Jardim remains coach at Monaco he should look for a way out, since Jardim doesn't rate him anyway.

Would suggest he's not keen on staying at Leicester then....

(Hypothetically speaking of course...)

They're on the same page, with Poch seemingly having final say....

Why do it to yourself?

[My guess.... And I concede that's all it is... Unlike many I don't pretend to KNOW.... Is that Levy sets a budget.... Within reason, I doubt Levy gives a shit how Poch spends it.... Similar if Poch decides he can't get VFM within his budget I doubt Levy is gonna force him to spend rather than carry funds in to the next window.]
Your theory could well be close to the truth, but that's essentially what I'm arguing as well, Levy sets the budget and controls the finances, not Poch.

It's very different to the spin Sammy keeps putting on things to validate his argument.

Your theory could well be close to the truth, but that's essentially what I'm arguing as well, Levy sets the budget and controls the finances, not Poch.

It's very different to the spin Sammy keeps putting on things to validate his argument.

I'm not sure that's the case. The distinction I made was that Levy sets the OVERALL budget.

My understanding is that you feel that Levy dictates how much we can pay for each player on an individual basis and Poch just approves the names.

Would suggest he's not keen on staying at Leicester then....

(Hypothetically speaking of course...)
Personally I don't think he is.
You have to remember he signed for Monaco when they where reigning champions of Ligue 1. So going from that move to the Premier League mid table can't make him very happy in the long term. He should be playing European Football

You always use this as the baseline for your argument, have you literally any shred of evidence that shows it was Poch who deemed every transfer too expensive last Summer?

Well I just try to draw logical conclusions....
Poch had funds....we wanted Grealish...we didn’t meet the asking price, so I can only assumed the manager deemed it too much for a punt on a Champo player who might not even force his way into the first team.

I don’t believe Levy pulled the plug at 25M, I believe Poch deemed Eriksen, Moura, Lamela, Dele, Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Skipp, Wanyama and Son as a sufficient group of midfielders.

Maybe you have a shred of evidence that says Levy bought a yacht for Joe Lewis instead of buying Grealish though?
I’d be intrigued to see it.

I'm not sure that's the case. The distinction I made was that Levy sets the OVERALL budget.

My understanding is that you feel that Levy dictates how much we can pay for each player on an individual basis and Poch just approves the names.
How much sway does levy really hold with ENIC though? Levy is always made out to be the big bad man with deep pockets and short arms, but I’m pretty certain it’s not him personally that sets the budget, surely this comes from the board of ENIC

How much sway does levy really hold with ENIC though? Levy is always made out to be the big bad man with deep pockets and short arms, but I’m pretty certain it’s not him personally that sets the budget, surely this comes from the board of ENIC

I'd expect he proposes the budget and will have to get it approved by the board...

If you don't know how much funds he had, how do you know he had sufficient funds?

Because he has said there is funds, and along with H. Redknapp and Hoddles comments, I’ve drawn the logical conclusion that they were sufficient enough to sign a player in the 25M bracket.

If “the money was there” and we all know that Siggurdsson will cost you 50M in today’s market, then I would find it a rather pathetic viewpoint that the funds available were less than enough to actually sign a target, for a reasonable price.

Maybe Poch didn’t see Zaha as a 70M player.
Thankfully because I certainly dont.

I'd expect he proposes the budget and will have to get it approved by the board...
And big joe be like “I know this Ndembele geezer could really help push the club to the next level but look how well you done this season without a budget, these yachts ain’t cheap Daniel, and I didn’t invest so much money in the training facilities for you to suddenly start demanding world class players!:pochrolleyes::levywtf:

Soon Newcastle will splash the cash.

Fcuk me the lure of football and the Premier League continues regardless. Bizarre to me.

It just gives us more excuses not to get our so called targets.

Back
Top Bottom