Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hense "targets"?

He wanted De Jong, he was offered Grealish. I'd take the fucking hump with that too.

What u on about?

...Who had the hump?
[/QUOTE]
If you targeted a player, had plans to slot a player into your team, give them a role which you felt would benefit the team, didn't get him and then the chairman says to you, well we can get a totally different player, solely on the basis of he's cheap. How would you feel?

What u on about?

...Who had the hump?
If you targeted a player, had plans to slot a player into your team, give them a role which you felt would benefit the team, didn't get him and then the chairman says to you, well we can get a totally different player, solely on the basis of he's cheap. How would you feel?
[/QUOTE]
We do not know that the only reason we were in for Grealish was that he was cheap.

It is only logical that Poch/the club has a list of players that they look at when it comes to scouting. Grealish could very realistically have been option B-C.

We do not know that the only reason we were in for Grealish was that he was cheap.

It is only logical that Poch/the club has a list of players that they look at when it comes to scouting. Grealish could very realistically have been option B-C.

It's logical, but if we wanted a midfielder, why ask a defensive midfielder to join us at a time we were sorely lacking in defensive midfielders, then suddenly change tack to an attacking midfielder, a position we were well covered in, who incidentally looked to be going for very little due to the situation at his club?

Doesn't seem a wee bit strange to you?

It's logical, but if we wanted a midfielder, why ask a defensive midfielder to join us at a time we were sorely lacking in defensive midfielders, then suddenly change tack to an attacking midfielder, a position we were well covered in, who incidentally looked to be going for very little due to the situation at his club?

Doesn't seem a wee bit strange to you?
Frenkie is not a defensive midfielder. He's a central-attacking midfielder. Had he joined us he would have competed with Winks, Alli or Eriksen for their spot rather than with Wanyama, Dier and Sissoko.

Also back during the summer we didn't know that Dier would have a injury and illness ridden season, or that Wanyama would be as shot in the knees as he is. And we were also by all accounts looking to really bed in Amos after impressing in pre season.

De Jong and Grealish were most likely approached to provide with behind Dele and Eriksen, and possibly to do what we did with Sanchez in regards to Toby. Bring in a "replacement" to take some power away from the player in negotiations regarding a deal.

In hindsight we should have signed a defensive midfielder in the summer, but hindsight is 20/20.

Where does he mention transfers?
He specifically name drops the stadium delay for a start.....and says “I don’t know why, it’s difficult to explain”.

Could be Eriksen and Toby that pissed him off.
Could be anything. Stop reading between the lines and saying every single fucking time Poch opens his mouth, it’s about lack of funds.

The funds were there, he chose not to sign anyone.
Who said this?

"You know the market and you know you are going to compete with certain clubs. Maybe you have money. How much? One pound, £10, £100, £1,000, I have money to invest but is it enough? That is different."

Who said this?

"You know the market and you know you are going to compete with certain clubs. Maybe you have money. How much? One pound, £10, £100, £1,000, I have money to invest but is it enough? That is different."

With certian clubs....I dont remember City or Liverpool going after Grealish, Jack Clark, or Ndombele last summer. Were we trying to sign Shaqiri? Rumours said we were....Liverpool got him for 12M.....I think we could have put in a bid, but clearly chose not to.
I dont ever remember us going for any of the players the rest of the top 6 signed.

And why are you surprised that we dont have enough money to compete with City? Is that odd?

With certian clubs....I dont remember City or Liverpool going after Grealish, Jack Clark, or Ndombele last summer. Were we trying to sign Shaqiri? Rumours said we were....Liverpool got him for 12M.....I think we could have put in a bid, but clearly chose not to.
I dont ever remember us going for any of the players the rest of the top 6 signed.

And why are you surprised that we dont have enough money to compete with City? Is that odd?
“We tried to sign and but we could not achieve what we need or what we want,” he said.
“I think one thing is to make clear; all the coaching staff, managers, always want to improve the squad.
“Of course we are always trying to improve our squad because football is dynamic. Every six months you need to do something to refresh and to wake up. That is the history in every single club."

I ain’t really seen much of Ndembele play except for a few YouTube clips but now if we don’t sign him this window is a failure! :angryscouser:

If we do sign him and he is shit poch wanted someone else but levy got a better deal on Ndembele so we went for the cheaper option! :levyeyes:
If however he turns out a success it was a poch signing and we only got him due to poch coming out in the press and behind the scenes threatening to leave if he wasn’t backed in the transfer window!:pochbye:
Can we just hurry up and sign someone, any fucking cunt as long as they have good stats on fifa!:pritchardeyes:

He wanted Grealish and Ndombele too.....but he decided against the asking price and stuck with the squad, therefore itwas his decision not topursue the targets
So why are people saying we're after Grealish this summer when he'll cost twice as much as last summer?

He wanted De Jong, De Jong turned him down. Grealish though was easily affordable.

So why are people saying we're after Grealish this summer when he'll cost twice as much as last summer?

He wanted De Jong, De Jong turned him down. Grealish though was easily affordable.
Because Grealish has hinted at wanting a move to us if Villa don't go up, so I guess the club hopes that with their and Jack's powers combined they can get Villa to lower their asking price (they will have to sell if they don't go up due to FFP).

De Jong admitted to taking a long time coming to a decision on the move to us or not, so by the time he had made that decision the new Villa owners were installed and they started demanding crazy money for Jack.

Jack was obviously option B but Poch held off on going for him in hopes of getting his intended target.

He's had a season double as good as any before, hind sight and that.
Seriously?

He had 8 or 9 good games. People forget the first part of the season where there was utterly no mention of Jack Grealish and Villa, with Grealish in the team, were in 11th or 12th and doing nothing of note.

All season he had 6 goals and 6 assists (in the league). Christian Eriksen had 2 goals and 4 assists in our first 5 games at our new home.

Reports in Austria that Stefan Lainer has agreed terms with a PL-Team...think someone mentioned him here before.

That's what I was thinking. Napoli wanted him last season but Salzburg wouldn't let him go. Now they moved on to Trippier. Lainer looks set for a PL team, but they are hiding back the name of the team for some reason. One could be a CL final.

Seriously?

He had 8 or 9 good games. People forget the first part of the season where there was utterly no mention of Jack Grealish and Villa, with Grealish in the team, were in 11th or 12th and doing nothing of note.

All season he had 6 goals and 6 assists (in the league). Christian Eriksen had 2 goals and 4 assists in our first 5 games at our new home.

Look at Villa, with or without him in the team

Back
Top Bottom