Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What u on about?

...Who had the hump?
If you targeted a player, had plans to slot a player into your team, give them a role which you felt would benefit the team, didn't get him and then the chairman says to you, well we can get a totally different player, solely on the basis of he's cheap. How would you feel?
[/QUOTE]

Silly question.... Too much supposition.

“We tried to sign and but we could not achieve what we need or what we want,” he said.
“I think one thing is to make clear; all the coaching staff, managers, always want to improve the squad.
“Of course we are always trying to improve our squad because football is dynamic. Every six months you need to do something to refresh and to wake up. That is the history in every single club."

Yep.....exactly what I said when I said we tried to sign to sign Grealish and Ndombele but decided not to meet the asking prices or pursue the transfer.

He deemed the squad good enough. The funds were there.....the deals could not be completed, because (a) Grealish was taken off the market by the new owners and prior to that Poch had not sanctioned the transfer for the asking price.

Dembele cost Lyon 20M......clearly Poch thought he´d stick with Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko, Dembele and Winks in midfield than spend 20M on another unknown French midfielder.

None of the quotes you post refute anything Ive said.

The funds were there, and the manager didnt spend the money. Thats a simple fact.

So why are people saying we're after Grealish this summer when he'll cost twice as much as last summer?

He wanted De Jong, De Jong turned him down. Grealish though was easily affordable.

Ask Poch why he didnt buy him....the fact is, he didnt buy him though.
Ndombele cost Lyon 20M.....now he´ll cost us 60M

In Poch we trust

Last edited:
I wouldn't listen to him. He thinks Alderweireld has had an average season.
Says the poster that thinks he watches every game of football in the world and changes his opinion on players daily.

The embarrassing thing for you is that you agreed with those posts.

Says the poster that thinks he watches every game of football in the world and changes his opinion on players daily.

The embarrassing thing for you is that you agreed with those posts.

Can you find my opinion on a player that's changed within 24 hours?

Don't worry. I'll give you 24 hours to find one... Now off you pop.

Can you find my opinion on a player that's changed within 24 hours?

Don't worry. I'll give you 24 hours to find one... Now off you pop.
Lol, I used to think you were a serious poster.

Maybe though, you change your mind ever 25 hours, what a bind this is...

Thinking of starting a ‘Summer 2019 transfer thread - bullshit opinions and mud-flinging overflow’ thread, just to avoid having to scroll through several pages of tosh just to find a tidbit of ITK.

Obviously, I’ll paste this in there if I do...

:pochrolleyes:

He deemed the squad good enough. The funds were there.....the deals could not be completed, because (a) Grealish was taken off the market by the new owners and prior to that Poch had not sanctioned the transfer for the asking price.
You always use this as the baseline for your argument, have you literally any shred of evidence that shows it was Poch who deemed every transfer too expensive last Summer?

Thinking of starting a ‘Summer 2019 transfer thread - bullshit opinions and mud-flinging overflow’ thread, just to avoid having to scroll through several pages of tosh just to find a tidbit of ITK.

Obviously, I’ll paste this in there if I do...

:pochrolleyes:

ITK?

LOL.... Such an innocent life you lead.

A pure & genuine version of your vision = empty thread.

See you in Jan? :eriksenlol:

(Have you ever tried SC? You'll have to pay for the privilege, but.....)

:dierpochhug:

Grain of salt and all, but Kristof Terreur as a source is pretty reliable tbh
I've always rated him very highly, but I am 100% biased too.

It might seem insignificant, but I still remember him doing this at 17 years old. He has such great understanding of the game and his surroundings, he's special.

It might seem insignificant, but I still remember him doing this at 17 years old. He has such great understanding of the game and his surroundings, he's special.

So Tielemans agent just wants his client to leave Monaco and is probably contacting a lot of clubs to see if they're interested.

Do think he'd be a good signing though. No where near as good as Ndombele but a step up from Andre Gomes definitely.

I am sure the second part of Ricky Sacks' tweet is typically false though to get gullible Spurs fans hope up. I knew there was a reason I blocked that cunt.

ITK?

LOL.... Such an innocent life you lead.

A pure & genuine version of your vision = empty thread.

See you in Jan? :eriksenlol:

(Have you ever tried SC? You'll have to pay for the privilege, but.....)

:dierpochhug:
787.png

If you can’t beat ‘em...

P.s., just occurred to me that this should be our opener in de Ligt negotiations.

He's contacted us? Curious....

Back
Top Bottom