Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From my understanding Bale £300k a week at RM circa £13m a year so if we stump half at £150k a week and a £10m signing on fee then that in my books is a must complete option.
Real Madrid have offered Tottenham the chance to sign their former player Gareth Bale on loan for £10m. The Spanish club would also want Spurs to subsidise about half of the Wales forward's £600,000-a-week wages. (Sun)

Whoever thinks Bale is top5 or TOP10 in the world needs to check themselves. This isn't Bale from Spurs. Have you watched him last two seasons? He's average. Madrid is trying get rid of him, that's telling a lot.

30 do, injury prone, massive wage for new player... A lot of that says no. Plus, we have Son, Lucas, Kane, Dele and Eriksen in attacking positions. I would rather buy Maddison than Bale if we lose Eriksen.

foreign players in Spain to my understanding have been taxed differently to domestic until fairly recently. Something called the "Beckham rule", that allowed them to get away with only minimal tax on their salary.

That's a part in there being so many players in La Liga being done in for "tax fraud" now. The state wants some of that money back. So Bale has probably earned very close to his 600 grand a week until recently.

That's the Sun mate, general consensus is that he is on around £300 to £350k a week in salary. Bonuses and so on are another thing.

Lets see what happens, either way if a deal can be done for around the same as what we pay Kane and its a year loan then I say its a great deal.

Whoever thinks Bale is top5 or TOP10 in the world needs to check themselves. This isn't Bale from Spurs. Have you watched him last two seasons? He's average. Madrid is trying get rid of him, that's telling a lot.

30 do, injury prone, massive wage for new player... A lot of that says no. Plus, we have Son, Lucas, Kane, Dele and Eriksen in attacking positions. I would rather buy Maddison than Bale if we lose Eriksen.
2 seasons?? He did score twice in the champions league final less than a year ago!! Meh.......

the people saying Berge looks good....have you actually seen him play? Or is it YouTube clips?
I've seen one league game, an international game and 2 Europa League games of his this season. He's looked good in all of them. It's obviously too early to declare him the next undisputed king of the central midfield. But he has a lot of promise and like De Ligt he seems to have already grown into a full adults body at an early age.

It also helps that Genk is known for developing central midfielders. De Bruyne, Ndidi and Milenkovic-Savic is not a bad list of talent produced.

Sessegnon belongs to the same agency as Harry. Can only help I guess
:pochsmirk:

A few other names they manage are Zaha, Brooks, Wilson, Lascelles

I still think Poch will try and convince he club to do a deal for Zaha. Just a feeling that he is exactly what Poch wants. However will the board agree :levystare:
I agree with that. Saha is what Poch wants, imo. I didn't used to want him but this year he's shown attributes no one else has. I'd be delighted if we signed him.

Do we really have to have another summer of your bullshit "ITK"?

No you don't, now we know you're a bit dim ... but see the button marked "ignore" it's for ignoring (clue is in the name) people who make posts you can't comprehend ... it's the place 90% of the posters on here have you firmly pegged ... now off you trot, you must be due back in the bin any-day now ...

Back
Top Bottom