Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No you don't, now we know you're a bit dim ... but see the button marked "ignore" it's for ignoring (clue is in the name) people who make posts you can't comprehend ... it's the place 90% of the posters on here have you firmly pegged ... now off you trot, you must be due back in the bin any-day now ...
I don't use the ignore button.

You wanna be ITK, piss off to SC.

Whoever thinks Bale is top5 or TOP10 in the world needs to check themselves. This isn't Bale from Spurs. Have you watched him last two seasons? He's average. Madrid is trying get rid of him, that's telling a lot.

30 do, injury prone, massive wage for new player... A lot of that says no. Plus, we have Son, Lucas, Kane, Dele and Eriksen in attacking positions. I would rather buy Maddison than Bale if we lose Eriksen.

When ever he has been fit (other than this year) his performances and numbers have been in the top 5 -10. His issue is he cant stay fit, I would avoid but would be worried if he gets a run of games elsewhere we will regret it.

Yes he did. And they still wanna get rid of him. Try to think why.
Seem to be a difference of opinion between him and Zidane imo nothing more. If we can get it done, i say do it. World class players are a rarity despite his injury problems. Imagine him and Kane starting together, most teams would shit themselves b4 they even play us. And he has a great scoring record against dippers, one of our main competitors. Yes he won't play every game, but i say it's worth it.

Yes he did. And they still wanna get rid of him. Try to think why.

It’s a valid question. I don’t think it’s really down to football. He’s on an obscene wage and has demonstrated absolutely no interest in integrating into the team (apparently). He’s probably rubbed a lot of the locals up the wrong way.

He’s still a great player though. And his injuries have actually been very light this year,

foreign players in Spain to my understanding have been taxed differently to domestic until fairly recently. Something called the "Beckham rule", that allowed them to get away with only minimal tax on their salary.

That's a part in there being so many players in La Liga being done in for "tax fraud" now. The state wants some of that money back. So Bale has probably earned very close to his 600 grand a week until recently.
Beckham rule finished in 2010 after the credit crunch - I don't think he will be benefiting. The recent Tax issues were based on local earnings v

When ever he has been fit (other than this year) his performances and numbers have been in the top 5 -10. His issue is he cant stay fit, I would avoid but would be worried if he gets a run of games elsewhere we will regret it.
He's just not.
17/18 season 16 goals in the league
16/17 season 7 goals in the league
15/16 season 19 goals in the league
14/15 season 13 goals in the league

And you're telling me that's some stats for Madrid player with their domination in Primera smh

Bale is obviously a very good player. He became an incredible athlete under us but late on his technical ability also went through the roof. You don't lose that.

He has neither flopped nor been a huge success in Madrid. He has scored key goals and won trophies though.

He is injury prone, no doubt about that. But a medical assessment might decide it's ok, I don't know.

Does he have an attitude problem now? I don't know but Poch will not tolerate anything like that, it would rule a deal out. Would he adapt as Poch tells him to?

Would players who survived his time here accept him back? I think so but I don't know.

Money might kill a deal but then Levy can be inventive. We signed Ade years ago with City paying most his wages.

Would Bale see it a step down? Not now we are CL finalists, new stadium etc.

If all these hurdles could be negotiated then I'd have him back. He could help elevate us to the title next season, assuming we sort our other signings. The fear factor, the space it would give our other players, more than one goal a season from free kicks.

Who cares about how much Sess costs??

If Poch wants him, get him. People complain about not making signings but then complain about paying too much for a player !

An ideal summer for me would see Atal, Andersen, Gomes, Sessegnon, Grealish and another CM come in, with the likes of Trippier, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Nkoudou & Janssen move on. I'm still really on the fence about Llorente, not because of his quality but because of how replacing him will stifle Parrotts progression to the first team.

Personally I'd be open to extending Fernando for another year if it means Parrott gets an extra year to develop before stepping up. Send Walker-Peters, Skipp & Edwards on loan with Edwards getting a new 3 year deal this summer to safeguard us.

Gomes I like but looking at Winks & Diers injuries this season I think one midfielder would be reckless. Who that +2 is or could be I've got no idea.

That would mean we bring in 2 HG and shift 1 on a permanent basis, reduce the age of the squad, fill it with depth in required areas and continue to keep to our wage and transfer fee structure which should keep the top brass sweet as moving forward. Spine of the team settled for at least another 3 years. 6 signings required with 5 permanently out + 3 season long loan deals though. Past records tells is this is highly unlikely.

I know it’s not going to happen but I can’t stop imagining us bringing in De Ligt this summer. He would be affordable and, IMV, be worth every penny he costs. Those are costs we can afford thanks to our Champions League rum as well.

Back
Top Bottom